IGNORED

Anna's Baby Shower game

cindyluvs24

Just saw Michelle gushing about the Queries and how they come up with "the most fun games..." Cut to the scene at the baby shower where the women are sitting around sniffing the melted chocolate in the diapers and trying to guess what kind it is. Seriously???WTF?? And these people are offended by the sight of an uncovered elbow??

That game is gross, but unfortunately not limited to fundie circles. I guess the rationale is that if it comes from a baby it's not defrauding?

I mean, they try to come off as so prim and proper. no music, no dancing, no booze or off color jokes. But sniffing faux $hit is cute? I don't get it.

I HATE party games and don't understand the sense behind them. Why can't a party just have a little food, conversation and drink-even if its just coffee?

I have friends who sell pampered chef and other items. Granted, I wouldn't like these parties anyway but the type of games they play just annoy me. If someone wants to play games, why not have a card game or horseshoes?

I HATE party games and don't understand the sense behind them. Why can't a party just have a little food, conversation and drink-even if its just coffee?

I have friends who sell pampered chef and other items. Granted, I wouldn't like these parties anyway but the type of games they play just annoy me. If someone wants to play games, why not have a card game or horseshoes?

Any Baptists that I have known do not even own a deck of cards. They are the debbil's playthings.

It's a case, once again, of the corny stupid sense of humour these people display. Think about the knee slapperes of the past Duggar shows:

- JB pretends to kidnap a family.

- JD pretends he lost the ring in the middle of the wedding ceremony.

- Random howler pretends to drop baby Jordyn to scare camera guys.

- The teens all fall for those stupid "gotcha" bible jokes from Ray Comfort.

That's all just off the top of my head. Anyone else remember any dumbass humour(less) moments?

Scaring Amy with clowns at her own birthday party

Wrapping Josh's car with saran wrap after his wedding

Wouldn't it be awesome if the "Duggars" were actors and their lives were just a piece of performance art?

I am with you on all counts.

I am with you on all counts.

I hate party games too (even horseshoes and cards). Why not just have some good food and drink and pleasant conversation and good music and for the love of all that is good and holy don't ever make me wear some weird thing made of bows or odd hat.

Dear gods, finally, people I would invite to a shower. I hate party games, they make me feel embarrassed. Cards is alright, and I swear, the Baptists in my family are the biggest canasta players I know!

Count me in among the game-haters. I'm the maid of honor for one of my college roommates, who's getting married next summer and I'm already trying to figure out how I can get out of planning games for the shower in April. I feel kind of bad for wanting to impose my hatred of games on the rest of the guests, but I cringe at the thought of having to direct things like that. Plus, most shower games I've found (except for the toilet paper wedding dress, which is stupid and wasteful) tend to be dirty and her grandmother is going to be there. Pass.

I didn't mind that game. I didn't play it but I saw the episode. I actually thought it was more creative than most party games out there. Well, as far as the type of G rated party games that the Duggars go for.

Guest Anonymous

We had an "open house " with mine. No stupid games! And had I gotten my way , it would have been burritos from chipotle, but everyone at their peril did not listen to the big fat pregnant woman , because apparently I "really didn't want that" and I apparently wanted sandwiches instead.... O_o

For my sisters, we did do games but there was no faux poo involved and I wasn't in charge of it either. (IIRC we did "guess the baby food flavor" and "how big is k's belly".)

At my bridal shower we did 1 game.

My mother in law who planned it, asked me to unwrap my presents carefully. Then, my guests were split up into teams, were given the wrapping paper ,ribbons and some new tissue paper and we did a project "brideway". (Because she knows I'm obsessed w Project Runway)

We had an "open house " with mine. No stupid games! And had I gotten my way , it would have been burritos from chipotle, but everyone at their peril did not listen to the big fat pregnant woman , because apparently I "really didn't want that" and I apparently wanted sandwiches instead.... O_o

For my sisters, we did do games but there was no faux poo involved and I wasn't in charge of it either. (IIRC we did "guess the baby food flavor" and "how big is k's belly".)

At my bridal shower we did 1 game.

My mother in law who planned it, asked me to unwrap my presents carefully. Then, my guests were split up into teams, were given the wrapping paper ,ribbons and some new tissue paper and we did a project "brideway". (Because she knows I'm obsessed w Project Runway)

Seriously, burritos at Chipotle is the best idea I'd ever heard of for a baby shower! It's also the meal my partner and I decided we will eat when we bring baby home.

Guest Anonymous

Seriously, burritos at Chipotle is the best idea I'd ever heard of for a baby shower! It's also the meal my partner and I decided we will eat when we bring baby home.

It was my husbands and brothers idea. Burritos look kinda like swaddled babies.

I ate an entire pizza, chipotle burrito and pint of ben and jerry's shortly after giving birth. :D

Scaring Amy with clowns at her own birthday party

Wrapping Josh's car with saran wrap after his wedding

Wouldn't it be awesome if the "Duggars" were actors and their lives were just a piece of performance art?

This is just horribly cruel. What is so funny about scaring someone with something you already know they are scared of? It's not clever.

Oh, how I hate games at showers, especially games that directly or indirectly reference bodily functions. That melted candy in the diaper bit is something I'd flat-out refuse to participate in. And this may sound tacky, but I don't really care to play baby gear-themed word scrambles or to guess which baby picture in a collage is actually the mom-to-be versus Great Aunt Edna. Let me have a nice snack or meal, see the mom-to-be open the presents, and be done with it.

Bridal shower games are no better, in my experience.

The only "game" at my baby shower involved two spools of ribbon, one pink and one blue. As they arrived the guests were asked to cut a length of ribbon that they thought would go around me. The pink/blue was their guess as to whether I was having a boy or girl (which we didn't know until I delivered, so I'm not sure what the point of the colors was at the shower!). The guest at each table who came closest to matching my girth got that table's floral centerpiece to take home. Quick, easy, and unobjectionable.

For reference, more than 3/4 of my shower guests chose a pink ribbon even though Mr. Bug and I were thinking "boy" - we ended up having a girl.

Oh no! The diaper game is vile! I was at a RESTAURANT and a baby shower group get seated next to my family.

They started playing this IN THE RESTAURANT! We all thought we were going to be sick.

I hate party games and think they're idiotic. For my wedding shower and baby shower I asked that no lame party games be played and luckily my family and friends are awesome and respected those wishes. The only "game" we did was at my shower where we had a "how well do you know the bride" quiz with fun questions and the person who got the most right won a prize. That was cool.

The diaper game is disgusting and I have refused to play it at showers.

I'm a party pooper like that.

I don't go to a lot of showers, so I'm not sure what is considered the norm. Personally, I don't mind a "mixer" type of game that makes people mingle and talk. Also an optional type of game - like guess the number of thingees in a jar to win a prize.

But dumb games just for the sake of something to do? How bored are these people?

Hating cutsie games at showers is just proof that you FJers are all just androgenous and want to be men. If you were all proper women, you'd get all sexually turned on by such games and would go home and not need any foreplay attention from your anaconda sporting sweaty man.

(Seriously, though, they sniff diapers? I hope this means that someone put real chocolate in a diaper and that it's not a euphemism for stool. And how would people know what kind of chocolate smelled like -- enough to guess brands.??? I love chocolate, and as a Pennsylvania girl, I'd like to think I could peg a bar of Hershey's mil chocolate over other brands, but I don't think I could ID it by smell in a diaper, nor could I identify any other kind of chocolate from another.)

I hate games in general. I am not a competetive person, and the last time I played a game socially was Pictionary at brunch. The other teams were such sore losers, it degenerated into yelling and someone tearing up the points. Might I add that I was the youngest at the party?

I generally send a lovely gift to showers and my regrets. I don't want to play juvenile games and watch people unwrap gifts, even if it is one of my sisters or sisters-in-law. Especially then! But I know this about myself, so I don't go and roll my eyes, I RSVP "Mais non"!

This was the episode that made me say to my mom that I wanted NO games at my bridal shower. Her response? "But people need something to do!" We're adults, can't we just talk? They ended up doing one fashion game where the winner got a prize, the one that goes "Add 50 points if you are wearing something homemade. Subtract 15 points if you are wearing plaid . . ."

I was just at a wedding that was very informal, out in the redwoods, picnic lunch, etc. To get people talking they had everyone wear name tags with symbols on them, and we had to talk to others to figure out what the symbols meant. Plus sign meant you lived in that state, heart meant you were related to the bridal couple, and so on. Compared to the rest of the wedding, this felt REALLY forced and it dominated conversation to the point of excluding other topics.

Archived