IGNORED

Arndts & the Penguins on the Road/The Vacation House MERGED

0 kids n not countin

Fun Times... :roll:

Because grown man-boys, teenagers (and the 11 year old kid) can't survive on vacation without the penguins. :cry::wtf:

:penguin-no::wink-penguin:

Guess they'll be filming more Vine Valley scenes while away? Wonder if the penguins will make it into Vine Valley series? :lol:

John Arndt:

We’re about to hit the road. It looks like the penguins will be having another “trash bag party†for a few days.

20140130_090005.jpg

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Guess they'll be filming more Vine Valley scenes while away? Wonder if the penguins will make it into Vine Valley series? "

Ooh, maybe they'll hide them in scenes like the 'Easter eggs' in Disney movies.

It looks like Wizzie has her own version of her mom's unattractive hairstyle.

How would she know it's unattractive? "The Godmother" Arndt is probably the only other female she comes in contact with on a regular basis.

Guess it's time for the yearly Vine Valley pilgrimage. Daddy must need to get another three months of meaningless filming in the woods done.

Mary is 17. The youngest of her brothers is 11. The rest are in their early teens to mid-30's.

I can see an 11 year old boy taking along a stuffed toy on a long trip. But that bag tells me that everyone in the family has a penguin or two or three they just can't live without.

Why? Someone needs to tell me why.

Guess it's time for the yearly Vine Valley pilgrimage. Daddy must need to get another three months of meaningless filming in the woods done.

Mary is 17. The youngest of her brothers is 11. The rest are in their early teens to mid-30's.

I can see an 11 year old boy taking along a stuffed toy on a long trip. But that bag tells me that everyone in the family has a penguin or two or three they just can't live without.

Why? Someone needs to tell me why.

Just a guess, but it might explain a lot.

http://www.salon.com/2000/06/19/plushies/ Left the link to salon...

Galen, 39, whom I met thanks to the magic of the Internet, is a self-described computer nerd from Erie, Pa., who counts himself among a unique sect of stuffed-animal enthusiasts known as “plushophiles.†Not to be confused with a “furry†(someone who finds delight in anthropomorphic animal characters), Galen is quick to point out, a plushophile is someone whose affections for stuffed animals — or “plushies,†as they are referred to in this scene — reach a level that some might consider beyond standard. It is not uncommon for plushophiles to engage in assorted sexual activities with their little stuffed friends — and Galen is no exception. . . . . “It started probably when I was 6 or 7 years old,†Galen tells me, diving into the topic. “I guess when you’re in your early years, … you’re trying to figure out what works and what doesn’t, [and] I just discovered that plushies worked.â€

I can’t help being impressed by his resourcefulness, but now I’ve really got some questions. I think back to my early years in elementary school and the endless string of crushes I had on my female classmates. I assume Galen has similar memories. I am wrong.

“Women didn’t faze me,†Galen says of his formative years. “I just figured I was into something better.â€

:cracking-up:

This would explain so very much.... but it is creepy that they have a family bag of them. :penguin-no:

My god!!! What are they doing in the bag????

P.S. I have an 11 year old son who wouldn't be caught dead with a stuffed animal at home or away

Just when I think they can't get any stranger they start dragging along bags of stuffed penguins when they leave the house. I would love to meet the adult sons and have a nice long talk with them away from their parents just to see what they are like.

This would explain so very much.... but it is creepy that they have a family bag of them. :penguin-no:

:ew: :ew: :ew: :disgust:

I'm sorry. I really, really cannot stomach the thought of the Arndt boys engaging in frottage with their penguins. Whoever last had the jug of brain bleach, could you pass it my way please? Thx.

Our Wizzie is turning into a hipster!

I know!!! Skinny jeans tucked into boots, crocheted cap. . . I guess that permanently rules out any possibility of her hooking up with one of the Maxwell boys.

Oh..blaaaarrrrrggghhhh! The notion that the Arndts are secret plushies...no. Just no.

Sadly, this is a mental image that will probably haunt me forever.

:o

I wonder what exciting foods they'll get to eat on this trip. Hamburgers? Oooh - or maybe pizza!

They could get aah diet soda with that hahaha *monotone voice with weird inflection*

I know!!! Skinny jeans tucked into boots, crocheted cap. . . I guess that permanently rules out any possibility of her hooking up with one of the Maxwell boys.

I thought the penguin idolatry canceled that out years ago? Also papists(ish!)

I'm 25, and I still sleep with a stuffed animal. I even take it on overnight trips.

It would be understandable if one or two of them wanted to bring a penguin, but a huge bag? Well, I definitely did that when I was 11, but I'd never have taken a picture or my mom would've stopped me.

Anyway, all of them wanting one... Yeah a little odd.

I'm 25, and I still sleep with a stuffed animal. I even take it on overnight trips.

It would be understandable if one or two of them wanted to bring a penguin, but a huge bag? Well, I definitely did that when I was 11, but I'd never have taken a picture or my mom would've stopped me.

Anyway, all of them wanting one... Yeah a little odd.

Agreed. I'm not understanding why they need to bring at least one for each person. If the penguin is the family totem, OK, bring one, or maybe one for each of the two youngest kids to sleep with. But taking up room in the car/van with a giant bag of stuffed animals? :wtf:

As per Seth:

Yup. Heading to Maine for Vine Valley filming.

As for food, probably a bunch of junk food. I'm sure MacDonalds, and perhaps Red Lobster for any "special" occasions. I believe Luke's 29th birthday is coming up soon.

I hella <3 that hat. Great color.

Pardon my ignorance, but the stuffed creature with its head sticking out of the bag does not look like a penguin. Is it an unusual-looking breed, do the penguins below need an other species chaperone, or what?

The past few pics of Wizzy have really given me some hope. She is looking more and more like a normal teenager. I am so glad Cathy doesn't make her dress exactly like her, and even lets her wander into the juniors section with its defrauding pictures and pop music.

I refuse to believe everyone needs a penguin. I think at this point penguins have been so ingrained in the family dynamic that either the parents won't allow anyone to say no, or they just took a pic to keep people talking.

Archived