IGNORED

Arndts & the Penguins on the Road/The Vacation House MERGED

0 kids n not countin

I know!!! Skinny jeans tucked into boots, crocheted cap. . . I guess that permanently rules out any possibility of her hooking up with one of the Maxwell boys.

She just needs a Lands' End backpack, some fingerless gloves and a cup from Starbucks to look like most of the students from the exclusive Catholic high school down the street from my house.

That would be a huge NO for hooking up with a Maxwell.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't real get the point of most cinnamon rolls anyway, as they mostly don't taste good to me.

My friend, howvwr, loves them, and he'd get one every time I had to go to the apple store in the mall.

I like them primarily because they're on my list of food-sensitivities-trigger-list. I can eat one bite and be okay, but an entire one will destroy the rest of my day. Forbidden fruit tastes sweeter and all that. (The icing is delicious, although I agree that sometimes the middles don't get cooked and then ew raw dough)

I like them primarily because they're on my list of food-sensitivities-trigger-list. I can eat one bite and be okay, but an entire one will destroy the rest of my day. Forbidden fruit tastes sweeter and all that. (The icing is delicious, although I agree that sometimes the middles don't get cooked and then ew raw dough)

Really? The icing is the worst part for me, especially if its hardened.

I have never understood why Cinnabon was any better than any other cinnamon rolls in the world. I don't get the big deal.

I live in Australia and we don't get anything as nice here. Cinnamon rolls are dry here.

Whenever i see a Cinnabon overseas am excited and buy one, probably because I don't know where else I can buy the delicious calorie laden treat.

I have never understood why Cinnabon was any better than any other cinnamon rolls in the world. I don't get the big deal.

I've always thought that it had to do with Cinnabon's location. I've only seen them in places where people have to spend a long period of time with very little to do (airports, train stations, malls). They make sure the smell of cinnamon permeates the entire space, activating the area of your brain that says, "I need a snack!" and luring you over to drool on their display case.

Damn you, evil geniuses of Cinnabon!

Unfortunately cinnamon isn't as popular in Australia as it is in the USA. I go through around one container of it a month. :lol:

I added one of the Arndts to FB. He seems to have friends outside the family, has 'liked' plenty of normal things & shows no signs of the ATI & VF douchebaggery so common amongst others we talk about. If I were a fundie girl after a husband i'd be going after the older Arndts. I don't want to say which one it is though.

I think it's the size of Cinnabon's cinn. rolls,as well as location,I agree.Put one in a mall and it's sure to be a hit.

Just like there is nothing special about pretzels,but make them large and put a Pretzel Factory in a mall,and ppl will buy it,claiming it's the best.

Reminds me of Cheesecake Factory.Again,nothing special.

I think it's the size of Cinnabon's cinn. rolls,as well as location,I agree.Put one in a mall and it's sure to be a hit.

Just like there is nothing special about pretzels,but make them large and put a Pretzel Factory in a mall,and ppl will buy it,claiming it's the best.

Reminds me of Cheesecake Factory.Again,nothing special.

Cinnabon & a hot pretzel chain(might have been Pretzel Factory) both opened in Australia in the early 2000s & didn't last long. Some people go out of their way to get Cinnabon at the airport in Dubai on the way to Europe. :lol:

is it the cinnamon? it upsets my stomach.I think it does that to a lot of ppl.

I thought initially that it was "I'm gonna eat the largest roll I can find" but then I'd still feel ill after even a half-roll. I think cinnamon is on some people's no-no lists for gut disorders. But, after internet searching, it's also apparently on people's fix-a-flare-up list, so... person by person, I guess? It would make sense that it's possibly an irritant, apparently so for me, but who knows?

is it the cinnamon? it upsets my stomach.I think it does that to a lot of ppl.

No... I can handle cinnamon just fine. It only ever bothered me once, and that was clearly a case of someone gettin happy with the dosage cuz I was not the only one complaining.

I think it's more of a texture issue. Most cinnamon rolls are dry and hard rather than warm and moist, and some people out waaaaaaaaay too much icing on. I like only a little icing, and only if its not hard, like cinnamon roll icing usually is.

So, I think it's just a texture issue? I don't know, they just... Don't taste good to me.

No... I can handle cinnamon just fine. It only ever bothered me once, and that was clearly a case of someone gettin happy with the dosage cuz I was not the only one complaining.

I think it's more of a texture issue. Most cinnamon rolls are dry and hard rather than warm and moist, and some people out waaaaaaaaay too much icing on. I like only a little icing, and only if its not hard, like cinnamon roll icing usually is.

So, I think it's just a texture issue? I don't know, they just... Don't taste good to me.

It's ok, we all have different tastes. I don't like popcorn or apple pie!

I'll trade you mine for your cinnamon rolls… :lol:

Just watched the Kitten Halftime Show from Animal Planet's Puppy Bowl, and the very last image is of two live penguins.

I thought of the Arndts.

I fear that I am lost. :shock:

I really enjoy going to Cinnabon for sentimental reasons, although I can count the number of times I have been to one on my hands. When I lived in the US my family was in a really small town. Really small. And trips to the city were huge deals. Trips to the city with Dad were even bigger deals because he and I would stop at Cinnabon to get one for the next morning's breakfast. Good times, childhood, good times.

There is probably a similar sentimental reason behind the always-in-childhood-Arndts' and Cinnabon. Or maybe not. Who knows with them.

I wonder if they would explode after a trip to Cinnabon AND Red Lobster in one day. :lol:

John Arndt:

Jacob, Nathan, and I ordered 10 pizzas from a nearby gas station, so Mom and Dad are going to pick them up while they’re out.

They can't do any better than pizza from a gas staion? :ew:

John Arndt:

Must be in the quasi boonies. My parents can get pizza (or whatever) from a stop and go type gas station, or they can drive 20 miles to the next place that sells cooked food of any kind, or they can cook.

John Arndt:

In small towns there often isn't a lot of choice. We have a local gas station with a large convenience store attached. Their coffee is the best in town and they have a full service deli that rivals Subway. The pizza, freshly made, is also pretty good. I prefer it over Pizza Hut or Domino's.

10 pizzas? That's over half a pizza each, unless there are non Ardnts present or they are serving the penguins their own plates.

I can eat a whole pizza by myself, so that didn't seem strange to me. Maybe they're just big eaters?

I know I'm a geek for following these people, but I can't deny, there's something fascinating about a house full of grown adult men who have no interest in a real life on their own.

Right now the Arndts and their penguins are in Andover Maine.

Check out the house: http://www.merrillhouse.com/

It cost $3000 per week to stay. Wonder where Rick's getting the money? :whistle:

I know I'm a geek for following these people, but I can't deny, there's something fascinating about a house full of grown adult men who have no interest in a real life on their own.

Right now the Arndts and their penguins are in Andover Maine.

Check out the house: http://www.merrillhouse.com/

It cost $3000 per week to stay. Wonder where Rick's getting the money? :whistle:

I swung by their site this morning and saw how beautiful the house is that they're staying at. I was wondering if maybe they knew the owners somehow? Though with, what five or six full-time employed adults (probably more), they should be able to afford something like this. Is this trip for Vine Valley shooting? Why aren't they staying in the same place every winter for shooting continuity? Or has the plot taken a sharp turn?

I can eat a whole pizza by myself, so that didn't seem strange to me. Maybe they're just big eaters?

Is an American pizza bigger than a European? Because if not I'll feel very greedy.

I swung by their site this morning and saw how beautiful the house is that they're staying at. I was wondering if maybe they knew the owners somehow? Though with, what five or six full-time employed adults (probably more), they should be able to afford something like this. Is this trip for Vine Valley shooting? Why aren't they staying in the same place every winter for shooting continuity? Or has the plot taken a sharp turn?

One of the MB's said they were only staying at this place for a week or so. They are probably heading even further north.

Most filming is outdoors and the snowy woods in central Maine probably don't look that much different from the snowy woods in upstate NY so that's probably not an issue as far as continuity goes. But unless Daddy envisions a series that goes on as long as Bonanza did, how are they going to account for their own aging? It's just so strange.

Archived