IGNORED

Happy 22nd Seth Arndt, Are birthdays really better each yr?

0 kids n not countin

Had to wish Seth Arndt a Happy 22nd. Last year I commented on his 21st birthday (he had M&M pancakes & said that birthdays seem to be getting better and better every year), I just have to wonder... :think:

IMG_20131225_112812.jpg

Seth celebrating with Mom and Dad!

IMG_20131225_132951.jpg

Seth blowing out the candles on his birthday cake.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its so sad being an Arndt. Its like theyre stuck in a constant time loop, and the only thing that has changed since they were a child is that they've grown taller and older, their mind is still the same.

A few of the older Arndts have facebook pages, and a couple of weeks ago Paul changed his "current city" to St. Louis, while his "home city" remained Belleville, IL. At first I got excited and thought maybe he moved, but then I remembered that this is the Arndts. Maybe he is just trying get more customers for their business and appear more accessible to people in the city.

A few of the older Arndts have facebook pages, and a couple of weeks ago Paul changed his "current city" to St. Louis, while his "home city" remained Belleville, IL. At first I got excited and thought maybe he moved, but then I remembered that this is the Arndts. Maybe he is just trying get more customers for their business and appear more accessible to people in the city.

I have a friend who gives his location on FB as the closest big town, which is 40 miles away from the very small town he lives in.

ETA: As much as we would like to think that one of these guys will eventually up and move out on his own, sadly, I don't think it will ever happen. Daddy has mentioned that there's enough property around their house so that they can build a home and continue to live in the family compound after they get married. So the only way "out" is getting married and even then they will be expected to stick around. Those guys are too enmeshed with Mommy and Daddy to ever think about leaving the family home on their own.

I wish they would explain why they pose in their parent's bedroom with a cake at almost all the birthdays. At least they are no longer sitting on the bed with the cake. They get to stand now.

Its so sad being an Arndt. Its like theyre stuck in a constant time loop, and the only thing that has changed since they were a child is that they've grown taller and older, their mind is still the same.

I know people always complain about becoming an adult and taking on so many responsibilities, but my heart breaks for these kids who are forced into arrested development by their parents. I know that there are many ways to live, but there are tons of opportunities available to them and they're being kept from taking advantage of them because their parents cannot bear to let them go. I guess they hardly know what they're missing, but it's still a shame to see such vibrant young people held back from exploring the world for themselves.

I wish they would explain why they pose in their parent's bedroom with a cake at almost all the birthdays. At least they are no longer sitting on the bed with the cake. They get to stand now.

I was thinking the same thing...wouldn't it make more sense to meet in the kitchen?

I was thinking the same thing...wouldn't it make more sense to meet in the kitchen?

Sssshh, don't mention "making sense" to fundies.

I think they stand now to center the birthday boy's head in front of the patchwork on the wall, looking for this effect:

a3VMGHS.jpg

I think they are presented with the cake at the spot where they were conceived. For most of them this was somewhere in the bedroom. But someone this last year got his cake out in the back yard.

I don't follow this family (website is a nightmare), so I know this has happened before, but this is the first time I've ever seen Mama A in something other than white shorts.

I think they are presented with the cake at the spot where they were conceived. For most of them this was somewhere in the bedroom. But someone this last year got his cake out in the back yard.

Oh...that would be truly hideous!

Do we have verification of the conception location for birthdays?

None of them were conceived in the house they are currently living. They moved there after or around the time the last son was born.

Once when commenting on the reason for the master bedroom birthday celebrations (complete with song and dance by the birthday boy or Wizzie) a manboy said it was simply one of their long-standing family traditions. My guess is that it started when the oldest boys were very little and that, yes, it probably had something to do with the conception location. What other reason would there be to have your birthday cake served in your parents' marital bed?

Mark broke tradition last year when he had his 30th birthday celebration on the deck. Baby steps, Mark old boy, baby steps.

If my parents had ever suggested having birthday cake in their bedroom (once I was old enough to make the connection) I believe I would have run out screaming.

None of them were conceived in the house they are currently living. They moved there after or around the time the last son was born.

Once when commenting on the reason for the master bedroom birthday celebrations (complete with song and dance by the birthday boy or Wizzie) a manboy said it was simply one of their long-standing family traditions. My guess is that it started when the oldest boys were very little and that, yes, it probably had something to do with the conception location. What other reason would there be to have your birthday cake served in your parents' marital bed?

Mark broke tradition last year when he had his 30th birthday celebration on the deck. Baby steps, Mark old boy, baby steps.

I really hope it's not the conception location -- that's just too creepy! Not just thinking about the kids having to know that information, but even just that Mama and Papa Arndt know that information for each kid -- too, too creepy!

I hope it's more oriented around the artwork on the wall as a background, as someone else mentioned...

I knew the Arndts' birthdays-without-maturing reminded me of something:

Little duck, little duck,

My birthday is here at last

Little duck, little duck,

My birthday goes by so fast

Penguin dear, penguin dear,

You sit on my right

Right here.

Little hen, little hen

I’ll be an adult, but when?

Little cake, little cake

Oh, why must I get you here?

Won’t somebody let me get out,

And go get myself a beer?

Little shorts, little shorts,

Just family and toys and sports.

Oh, goddamn, oh, goddamn,

I wonder how old I am

I wonder how old I am.

2I8WU5eqAtU

Not that I want any of them to get out by becoming strippers -- that might be too much of a 180! :lol:

Mama Arndt's hair....

:o :o :o

WTF is it? I believe she could give Dim Bulb a run for the money in the hair spray department.

I wonder what kind each of them uses? We might want to buy some stock....

:shifty-kitty:

Except for the location, my 22nd birthday was similar. We had it in the kitchen, though, instead of my parents' bedroom... That's he only thing I find odd about those pics. Otherwise, heck, some people just want a small celebration with family.

Except for the location, my 22nd birthday was similar. We had it in the kitchen, though, instead of my parents' bedroom... That's he only thing I find odd about those pics. Otherwise, heck, some people just want a small celebration with family.

You really can't just look at a few photos in a vacuum and understand the depth of the bizarreness of the Arndts. Daddy packages the media very carefully.

Paul Arndt will almost certainly have his 34th birthday celebration this coming year in his parents' bedroom as well. As will probably all of his 9 adult brothers. One can argue that "it's just what they want" but somehow I find that a bit difficult to believe. No doubt its what their parents want and the big mystery is how they are managing to keep all of their adult offspring doing their bidding, especially when you consider they are all guys.

They are living the movie Groundhog Day...

Yes I always figured that the bedroom celebration was sort of a "celebration of love and life" sort of idea that somehow has completely become normalized in Arndt-land but to the rest of us it is off-the-charts on the ick meter.

You really can't just look at a few photos in a vacuum and understand the depth of the bizarreness of the Arndts. Daddy packages the media very carefully.

Paul Arndt will almost certainly have his 34th birthday celebration this coming year in his parents' bedroom as well. As will probably all of his 9 adult brothers. One can argue that "it's just what they want" but somehow I find that a bit difficult to believe. No doubt its what their parents want and the big mystery is how they are managing to keep all of their adult offspring doing their bidding, especially when you consider they are all guys.

I agree.What on earth are they telling them,doing to them?

It's not normal for guys to want to stay home with their parents for that long,and show no ambition twds getting out.Bribes? Too scared? idk.

They are living the movie Groundhog Day...

Except, in that film (which I love), the main character finally starts maturing.

Archived