IGNORED

Michele's Makeover

lizziesmom

I just saw this on RealityTV online (with a November 2014 date no less) I guess it's pretty current. :lol:

Apparently one of Michele's more worldly friends gave her a makeover. I can't believe how good she looks.

Michelle-Duggar-Hairdo-I-Am-Loving-It.jpg

I think she 'll go back to her older style. Every time someone tries to update her she seems to dislike it and goes back to the curls. Of course I hear the early nineties styles are making a come back, so give her a couple years and she'll be back in style anyway.

Is this in addition to the make over she was given not that long ago? I think she looks nice with her hair straighter or with very, very soft waves. Those tight, crunchy curls are blech.

One question I have re: Michelle's hair. Is it that curly or does she perm it?

JMO, but it always appearred to me she spiral permed her hair. I could be wrong it could be natural but it looks like every spiral perm I've ever seen.

Michelle looks nice with straighter hair. I've got naturally curly, frizzy hair myself, and rather than deal with straightening it, I just use lots of conditioner. Of course, if mine was straight, I wouldn't curl it, either. I can't really be bothered either way, I've got better stuff to do than bully my hair into submitting like a good helpmeet should. :lol:

JMO, but it always appearred to me she spiral permed her hair. I could be wrong it could be natural but it looks like every spiral perm I've ever seen.

Oh yes, those spiral perms. Forgot about those since ditching perms back in the mid '90s myself. Before that, my hair actually was styled like Michelle's but I didn't do spirals as my shoulder length hair would perm on the largest perm rods (meant for just waves) at the salon much to the shock of my stylist(s).

Michelle looks much better with the straightened hair but guess she will revert to the old style because JB likes it.

I think Michelle has naturally curly hair. She has said it's easier to let it be than take so much time styling or straightening it.

Too bad Jessa isn't allowed to go to hair school. She could really doll up her mom and sisters. The straight hair on Michelle makes her look like Katy Sagal.

Is this in addition to the make over she was given not that long ago? I think she looks nice with her hair straighter or with very, very soft waves. Those tight, crunchy curls are blech.

I am not sure when this make over took place. The online article was dated November 2014.

I dunno, it's hard for me to hate on her hair because I have naturally curly hair and it's a PITA to straighten it, or even soften the curls with an iron or rollers. Not to mention how much damage that does. After years of fighting with my hair, I finally educated myself on how to take care of, I buy the (expensive yikes!) products to take care of it properly, and have resigned myself to a lifetime of scrunchy curls. It has saved me so much time and effort.

OTOH, if she perms it, then FFS she needs to stop that shit.

Also, even if she goes all natural there is no need to torture her bangs in such an inhumane manner!

Michelle, the 80's called. They want their Aqua Net back.

Sometimes I'm really grateful that my hair did not become the insanely curly mop it is today until I hit puberty...in 2001. I would've been far more crunchtastic in the 90s than I've ever been, but thankfully, my childhood hair was thick, but just gently wavy. Perfect for ponytails tied with big squooshy scrunchies.

Too bad Jessa isn't allowed to go to hair school. She could really doll up her mom and sisters. The straight hair on Michelle makes her look like Katy Sagal.

And more like Grandma Mary.

I dunno, it's hard for me to hate on her hair because I have naturally curly hair and it's a PITA to straighten it, or even soften the curls with an iron or rollers. Not to mention how much damage that does. After years of fighting with my hair, I finally educated myself on how to take care of, I buy the (expensive yikes!) products to take care of it properly, and have resigned myself to a lifetime of scrunchy curls. It has saved me so much time and effort.

Also, even if she goes all natural there is no need to torture her bangs in such an inhumane manner!

Hey lemonhead, try the VO5 hair conditioner. It's the cheap stuff you buy for a dollar in most grocery/dollar stores. A friend of mine reccomended it to me, and it works like a charm. Wash your hair, then while it is still damp, run the conditioner through it, but don't wash it out. Works better than anything else I've tried. :D

Hey lemonhead, try the VO5 hair conditioner. It's the cheap stuff you buy for a dollar in most grocery/dollar stores. A friend of mine reccomended it to me, and it works like a charm. Wash your hair, then while it is still damp, run the conditioner through it, but don't wash it out. Works better than anything else I've tried. :D

Hey, I remember my mom using that on me when I was a little kid! I think it may be too heavy for my very fine hair, but I may pick some up at the store next time. I've been using the Deva Curl stuff and I love it but it's so pricy, I'm willing to give the VO5 another try!

Didn't the Duggar daughters say that "Daddy" (Boob and/or Gothard) likes curly hair? I don't think either of them would approve of the make-over.

Michelle's looking a little manic in that photo!

Any advice on how to manage coarse and really thick hair? It drives me nuts! Unfortunately I inherited it from mom's side.

I think Michelle has naturally curly hair. She has said it's easier to let it be than take so much time styling or straightening it.

But if it's so naturally curly, why are her bangs so straight?

Any advice on how to manage coarse and really thick hair? It drives me nuts! Unfortunately I inherited it from mom's side.

We could combine your coarse, thick hair with my super-baby-fine hair and average them out in order to get nice, shiny, thick hair! Wish to God it worked that way.

That's how mine is, SPHASH, really coarse and thick, and it needs a ton of conditioner. I use lots of the VO5 around here, but it works best when you use it as a leave-in conditioner.

@lemonhead, you're welcome. ;)

This. I sometimes miss the 80s when people actually wanted curls so much they got perms. Now if you're not straight you're being unfashionable and unsophisticated. I don't want to fight with my curls. It takes way too long to straighten and because I work out or ride a horse daily, I can't go too long without washing, so that would mean daily straightening, which would just fry it.

I spend mega bucks on good products too, but I am so pissed Sephora stopped carrying Ouidad.

Archived