IGNORED

IBLP Detox-Anna Duggar's BIL's website

xReems

So, Joshua, Anna's BIL, has a website called IBLP Detox (I know it was posted on the old forum) and it is actually pretty interesting. I asked him how/when him and his wife decided to leave ATI/IBLP and why they did and he gave a pretty interesting story behind it. Looks like they had problems with their family in the beginning of their marriage when they started questioning Gothard's teaching. He keeps referring to IBLP as this "cause-and-effect relationship" and how they misinterpret the teaching of the Bible. Although he doesn't flat out diss Gothard, he does give you an insight look on how Gothard's teaching effected him spiritually. Pretty interesting articles, even though they are pretty long.

iblpdetox DOT com.

When you say "their family" do you mean his family, hers, or both? Just curious because his latest post seems to imply he was beginning to question things, privately, while he was still in college (the first two, apparently, at Gothard's TELOS facility). Not sure if he could transfer credits or had to start over once he enrolled at UNLV; that's where he graduated.

The article he posted a few days ago, I commented on it, asking him when he started questioning Gothard's teaching and he said both him and Rebekah talked about it a lot prior to marriage but continued to follow it in the beginning of their marriage. He said when they decided it wasn't right for them, they began to have problems with their family. He didn't really specify whether it was his family or her family but I'm guessing both, perhaps? Maybe even more of the Kellers, considering supposedly they've had their fair problems with Susanna and Daniel leaving.

As for credit transfer, I highly doubt it transfer. I don't think Telos is accredited nor does it give provide you with an actual "degree" but I could be wrong.

I looked through the site and it seems interesting. I noticed that articles seem long so I will probably read some of them later on. I wonder what TLC would do if a lot people knew about this and the Keller rift. Some fans on twop recently found out about the Keller rift and they might end up finding this site.

He needs to get in touch with the folks over at http://www.recoveringgrace.org/ if he hasnt already.

I think there is a good chance he might know those people. I hope either JoshM's group or recovering grace will make very a public statement about the Duggars and Gothard/ATI

They are giving it the ole college try.

Did you guys hear about the former ATI kids protesting at Gothardite seminars?

Protesting? No, I have not but that is interesting. Looks like a lot of these ATI kids are finally seeing the light of Gothard's teaching.

A selfish bastard who uses God for everything to persuade people into spending thousands and thousands of dollars on his seminars, homeschooling material, retreat camps, etc that are suppose to make you a better Christian when in reality all he ever cares about is what comes out of your purse and wallet.

The article he posted a few days ago, I commented on it, asking him when he started questioning Gothard's teaching and he said both him and Rebekah talked about it a lot prior to marriage but continued to follow it in the beginning of their marriage. He said when they decided it wasn't right for them, they began to have problems with their family. He didn't really specify whether it was his family or her family but I'm guessing both, perhaps? Maybe even more of the Kellers, considering supposedly they've had their fair problems with Susanna and Daniel leaving.

As for credit transfer, I highly doubt it transfer. I don't think Telos is accredited nor does it give provide you with an actual "degree" but I could be wrong.

I wonder how he and Rebekah got away with talking about questioning Gothard prior to their marriage, if they were in a courtship situation, which as I understand it gives the participants almost no privacy. Or is such rigid courtship rules the newest rage in fundie-dom and something that did not exist when Josh and Rebekah were courting?

Maybe they were allowed a few private conversations on the phone? Or maybe a really little sibling who wouldn't understand the conversation was being chaperone? Or maybe someone sympathetic to those ideas, like Susannah? Or, perhaps they were very clever in sneaking in double meanings hinting they were questioning, with facial expressions when the others weren't looking at their faces?

They maybe did have younger chaperons like Susanna. It looks like she and Rebekah are really close so maybe she got "influenced" by their beliefs and then realized the issues with Gothard's teachings.

It's just sad to hear about fundies disowning their own children for not continuing to follow the beliefs they grew up on. I feel like it's more like joining a club than family members loving you whether you create your own beliefs or follow what you grew up with. That's why I feel so bad for Daniel. I wonder how Susanna's relationship with Priscilla is like since leaving? I mean, that girl attends every single ATI event known to man kind, I wonder how she feels about this whole supposed disowning.

Then again, I don't understand how the parents refuse to talk to them but then allows their children to continue the relationship.

I wonder how he and Rebekah got away with talking about questioning Gothard prior to their marriage, if they were in a courtship situation, which as I understand it gives the participants almost no privacy. Or is such rigid courtship rules the newest rage in fundie-dom and something that did not exist when Josh and Rebekah were courting?

I've always assumed the phone conversations were less chaperoned then in person visits. Some Jewish families allow couples to sit in a main room and talk,l without someone constantly sitting with them. Mom and dad usually walk in and out to 'get things' but there is some privacy. Maybe they did it like that?

Archived