IGNORED

French Teen Barely Survives "Crucifixion Exorcism"

Ridiculous

A teenage girl in France narrowly survived a violent week-long crucifixion-style exorcism.

Police discovered the emaciated 19-year-old at a housing estate in Grigny, a southern Paris suburb, where she was allegedly bound to a mattress for a week in the position of Christ. AFP reports the girl was found dehydrated, in a state of shock and showed signs of having been beaten.

Four former members of the Seventh-Day Adventist Church, including the victim’s boyfriend, are accused of carrying out the week-long crucifixion of the Cameroonian teenager to expel ‘her demons’.

More:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/0 ... 64821.html

Were they French?

The last few years there have been a handful of cases in Sweden where parents have used exorcism or different torture methods to try to free their kids from "evil" or witchcraft and they all have been christians from Africa.

I don't know if it's more common to believe in evil posession there?

Found an article about the cases in English:

http://www.thelocal.se/47886/20130514/

Jesus fuck. I was all set to talk about the extremism problems in the Parisian "suburbs" but this... This is just awful. I have no words.

Were they French?

The last few years there have been a handful of cases in Sweden where parents have used exorcism or different torture methods to try to free their kids from "evil" or witchcraft and they all have been christians from Africa.

I don't know if it's more common to believe in evil posession there?

Found an article about the cases in English:

http://www.thelocal.se/47886/20130514/

Yes they were from Cameroon. I live not very far from Grigny and it's a poor city with a lot of immigration from all over the world.

:( I am not surprised that they were originally from Africa. There are literally thousands of offshoot pentecostal churches that combine traditional superstitions about the demonic (beliefs that existed pre-Christianity on the continent) and intense religious devotion, often very syncretistic, Christianity being the label but many traditional beliefs and practices still included. Exorcism/deliverance is a weekly thing for these people, and the men who lead these churches teach that all trouble in life is caused by being possessed by an evil spirit. From what I have seen, these types of churches are concentratated mostly in West Africa but are gaining ground in the east as well. There are pastors who are absolutely shameless about physically abusing congregants who come to them for help--I know of at least two who had people kneel in front of them for "prayer", only to slap them full in the face and verbally abuse them. In front of hundreds of other people, and knowing they were being videotaped for broadcast as well. :(

FTR, lest we forget, there are also many, many orthodox Christians in Africa who find this stuff as repugnant as we do.

Yes they were from Cameroon. I live not very far from Grigny and it's a poor city with a lot of immigration from all over the world.

+1

Here, Adventists, Evangelicals, etc ... are for African immigrants, in poor city, this type of person (not an insult, just an observation). This is a horrible story. I don't understand why the state doesn't keep and eye on this churches, exorcisms, etc... Now there's Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, and this type of church (unofficial, dangerous), they are talking about Jesus in the street... And nobody does anything to stop it...

I don't understand why the state doesn't keep and eye on this churches, exorcisms, etc... Now there's Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, and this type of church (unofficial, dangerous), they are talking about Jesus in the street... And nobody does anything to stop it...

+1. The French state are usually so hot on keeping laïcité that lack of regulation for this kind of proselytising really surprises me. Although I suppose they would find it difficult as the street = public place. :cry:

Archived