IGNORED

Malala doesn't get Nobel Peace Prize (but is still a hero)

2xx1xy1JD

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens ... ed-to.html

I'm disappointed, because she deserved to win and has shown incredible courage, eloquence and determination, but she still an inspiration and doing great things to bring attention to girls' education and the people of Swat valley.

Watch her interview with Jon Stewart if you aren't aware of just how awesome she is. Then remind yourself that she is just SIXTEEN.

I'm not overly disappointed - she's a winner in every way that counts, and certainly the chemical weapons people who won are doing great work. She was extraordinary on The Daily Show. Just incredible - and you could see Stewart and the audience were in awe. That speech about what she'd say to an attacker is a total "drop the mic" moment.

When you think of how accomplished and articulate she is, and how much bravery living her life takes - at just 16! - well, it's phenomenal. People like her leave the evildoers of this world shaking in their boots.

Here's the interview:

f506lCk6Tos

I'm not overly disappointed - she's a winner in every way that counts, and certainly the chemical weapons people who won are doing great work. She was extraordinary on The Daily Show. Just incredible - and you could see Stewart and the audience were in awe. That speech about what she'd say to an attacker is a total "drop the mic" moment.

When you think of how accomplished and articulate she is, and how much bravery living her life takes - at just 16! - well, it's phenomenal. People like her leave the evildoers of this world shaking in their boots.

Here's the interview:

f506lCk6Tos

This amazing young lady is a ROCK STAR! That's pretty much the highest praise I can give someone, male or female. Yes, Malala is poised, articulate, intelligent and brave. But at the same time she is such a teenage girl. I loved how she giggled during the interview.

And FYI-Diane Sawyer is going to interview Malala tonight on 20/20. If you miss it I'm sure it will end up online.

She may win the Nobel Peace Prize yet. Provided the Taliban don't succeed in killing her, she may have a long career ahead of her in human rights advocacy.

What an amazing human being she is!

Miss Raquel could stand to learn a thing or eighty-five from Malala.

Oh, god, Miss Raquel and Malala aren't even on the same planet. Or any of the fundie daughters on here, really...

Oh, god, Miss Raquel and Malala aren't even on the same planet. Or any of the fundie daughters on here, really..

There was a segment on last night's 20/20 where Diane Sawyer interviewed several extreme fundie Islamic women who supported the Taliban. The parallels to our American extreme Christian right was chilling.

She may win the Nobel Peace Prize yet. Provided the Taliban don't succeed in killing her, she may have a long career ahead of her in human rights advocacy.

I may be in the minority but I think the spirit of the Nobel Peace Prize is to celebrate a person's achievements across their entire life and Malala is still very young. It doesn't seem right to give an award to a child who we all hope has her whole life ahead of her.

I hope fervently that she will live a long and productive life and continue to advocate for education and for any other issue she chooses to champion. Her courage, intelligence and integrity are incredible and I don't doubt she will achieve many great things.

There is so much more in store for her. I nearly cried when she was on The Daily Show.

I went past nearly -- I got all teary.

I may be in the minority but I think the spirit of the Nobel Peace Prize is to celebrate a person's achievements across their entire life and Malala is still very young. It doesn't seem right to give an award to a child who we all hope has her whole life ahead of her.

I hope fervently that she will live a long and productive life and continue to advocate for education and for any other issue she chooses to champion. Her courage, intelligence and integrity are incredible and I don't doubt she will achieve many great things.

It's been given before to individuals in the hope that they will accomplish things. The one to Barak Obama comes to mind. The awards to Rabin, Peres and Arafat also came while the Oslo peace process was ongoing, but before it resulted in a final settlement (which never happened).

Of course, I do hope that she continues to go on and accomplish even greater things. I'm in the middle of reading her book now.

Archived