IGNORED

Feminine Adventures in "College"

nelliebelle1197

This is an older group of posts that I came across on the blog Feminine Adventures.

Anna is a second generation fundy who truly buys the line. She was homeschooled, courted and home college'd

Her home college'd husband is now in a...law school? She has 3 kids under 5 and was married as a teen. Didn't see anything on her here, so here you go. Have fun!

feminineadventures.com/series/

I'm interested in knowing if he attended a "real" law school, and if he's actually employed by a law firm (as opposed to a fundie think tank).

She doesn't say where he is in school. I have been poking around there a couple days now off and on at work. I would think if it was real non-liberty or Patrick Henry law school, she would brag...

She doesn't say where he is in school. I have been poking around there a couple days now off and on at work. I would think if it was real non-liberty or Patrick Henry law school, she would brag...

In one of her entries, she mentions her husband getting a clerkship with a federal judge. You'd pretty much have to go to a real, ABA-accredited law school to get one of those. In another entry from 2012, she mentions being around for the April 27, 2011 tornado in Alabama and some of the devastation seen by law school friends. If her husband was at U. of Alabama in Tuscaloosa, they would have been in the right part of Alabama for those. Since she also has posts about moving "down South" for her husband to go to law school, that's going to be my guess.

How do you home-college? Is that fundie for commute or College Minus or internet classes? Because it sounds like, as with home-school, the curriculum is basically set by the family, which is not going to actually get one a diploma.

I'm sure he had a very prestigious clerking position, but as Satan's advocate, I have to say there's clerking where you write the opinions and then there's clerking where you make the coffee. One summer during college I was a law clerk. My duties consisted entirely of running errands. I'm not positive a Duggar could have done my job but a slightly more gifted grad of the SOTDRT might have.

What's wrong with online college? Lots of people do it to get ahead while working or to save money.

What's wrong with online college? Lots of people do it to get ahead while working or to save money.

You might want to do a little poking about, reading old posts and reading the blogs we discuss before commenting. Start with looking up College Plus (or Minus) in the search engine.

You might want to do a little poking about, reading old posts and reading the blogs we discuss before commenting. Start with looking up College Plus (or Minus) in the search engine.

Wait though, I thought the title and first post was enough. "College" as it is not "real", and I went to the post and read it. I'm confused now, isn't that what this thread is about? "Fake" "Online" or "Homeschool" College? I didn't think this was about simply making fun of some woman and her husband, I thought it was about her "college" education.

Wait though, I thought the title and first post was enough. "College" as it is not "real", and I went to the post and read it. I'm confused now, isn't that what this thread is about? "Fake" "Online" or "Homeschool" College? I didn't think this was about simply making fun of some woman and her husband, I thought it was about her "college" education.

Go and read up on how these fundies do "college" and then hopefully you will understand. She is an example of "homeschool college", which is not college/university at all. There are lots of discussions on here about that topic and a full explanation of what this woman considers "college" on her blog. Watching videos, listening to audio lectures and doing CLEP tests is not the same thing as a traditional university education and doing those things for a "degree" does not equal a traditional four year degree in any way. That is not an opinion. That is a fact.

Depends on the college. Most all online colleges are a joke. If it's from a real accredited university like LSU or local school, that's one thing. Devry, College Plus, etc. are just jokes.

Depends on the college. Most all online colleges are a joke. If it's from a real accredited university like LSU or local school, that's one thing. Devry, College Plus, etc. are just jokes.

Exactly. And most universities actually require you to fly out and attend some classes. A friend of mine is looking at a second master's in an odd discipline that has to do with preservation of historic documents. Two schools in the country offer this work. She would be allowed to do some course work online but she would have to fly to the university several times a year for lectures and work on her research; she would also be working closely with actual people - professors, etc., to guide her. Not the same thing at all as a Excelsior or College Minus "degree".

Still cannot believe the husband got into law school.

Okay I think I understand. I know many brick-and-mortar universities or state colleges that offer online accredited degrees. My husband did it! I wasn't aware that what she is speaking of is not really a higher education institution, just something she refers to as college. Thanks for clarifying!!

Archived