IGNORED

Steve and Teri Maxwell: Do they or don't they?

luckylibrarian

When I read that the Maxwells are having f--, I started to wonder about the level of intimacy in Steve and Teri's relationship. Neither one of them looks like they would be interested in any sex that doesn't involve a hole in a sheet. I wonder if they have sex, and if so, do they enjoy it? Teri doesn't seem like someone who could have an orgasm, and I don't think Steve would allow it anyway. Thoughts? Should I break out the brain bleach?

Terry could probably have an orgasm but I don't see Steve as being the type of person to try and give her one. That would be too much needless fun for her.

demgirl, if I have to suffer through that image, so do the rest of you! Steve and Teri don't look people who enjoy sex at all.

Terry could probably have an orgasm but I don't see Steve as being the type of person to try and give her one. That would be too much needless fun for her.

That poor woman. Hopefully she's learned to "fly solo". Maybe during her quiet time with the Lord.

no way any woman under headship will enjoy sex. she can't choose when she wants to or even admit she does want it. it is only a pleasure because the hubby feels he has total control over her. Any man like that will be a terrible lover.

Someone should send them a 'serious' question on the morals of sex after menopause.

If I had a good fundie personna, I would ask them. (I'm an ebil catholic, so don't think it would fly coming from me.)

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Now that I got that out of the way, they seem to only do most things for a purpose, and since they're old now, they can't say the purpose of them having sex is making babies. i can't imagine they do anything that has enjoyment as its only purpose. Though while Terri even had the slightest chance of being fertile I imagine they went at it like rabbits, because Steve seems like he would want that. Of course, he would have disregarded completely what Terri may or may not want.

I wish I could wash my brain with soap to get that out of it. They strike me as a couple that only had sex when it would have been the "right time of month" to get pregnant (bc they also seem like the time to chart that). Though He might come up with different reason so he can still get some and it not be fun now.

Didn't demgirl and clibbyjo say that during the conference they infiltrated Steve kissed Teri's neck in the middle of her presentation and the whole thing was skin-crawlingly weird and uncomfortable? They probably do (God, why am I thinking about this?) because sex keeps marriages healthy. But it can't be too often or too rambunctious or it could become an idol. If Pepsi was too much fun for Teri to handle, imagine what good, frequent sex could do.

Oh, I'm sure. If one of our members ever goes to another conference I'll be curious to know if they do the neck kiss during her presentation again. So creepy.

no way any woman under headship will enjoy sex. she can't choose when she wants to or even admit she does want it. it is only a pleasure because the hubby feels he has total control over her. Any man like that will be a terrible lover.

Seconded on this one.

If she doesn't fly solo, and can't really do anything in bed that her husband doesn't dictate, she might not even know what she likes in bed. Which is really sad at her age.

Oh, I'm sure. If one of our members ever goes to another conference I'll be curious to know if they do the neck kiss during her presentation again. So creepy.

Ew. Just ew.

Even if they were a younger and more attractive couple, that would still be really creepy and inappropriate.

Ew ew ew and I think it would be too much fun, and Steve DEFINITELY would never let Teri have an orgasm, ever, he's too much of a dick (no pun intended, that's just the best word I came up with) and banned any and all fun from his family. In fact he'd probably try NOT to get her off. And I doubt she's given enough alone time to fly solo, and even if she did, she'd feel too guilty about having fun without her husband, erm, I mean, "God's" permission. He'd probably go on about it being a sin and how women are not meant to have any pleasure. Seriously, he seems a complete asshole to me.

I'd argue that in the Bible, Sara(h), Abraham's wife, got pregnant when she was barren and crazy old, so he might use that as a reason to keep getting some, just in case the Lord decides to re-open her womb and grant them another blessing. So they probably do, in the most structured, timed, missionary way possible, purely for Steve's enjoyment, and she has to act grateful or something.

Steve had the vasectomy and the reversal, right? The fact that he had the ol' snip done would lead one to believe that they do (or did at one point in time, at least) have an active sex life, or else, why go through that?

For some reason, I'd almost be willing to be bet they (he) enjoy some crazy kink. It's always the super-conservative preacher who's always condemning everyone to hell who gets caught in the Super 8 wearing women's pantyhose while getting spanked by a prostitute.

Steve had the vasectomy and the reversal, right? The fact that he had the ol' snip done would lead one to believe that they do (or did at one point in time, at least) have an active sex life, or else, why go through that?

For some reason, I'd almost be willing to be bet they (he) enjoy some crazy kink. It's always the super-conservative preacher who's always condemning everyone to hell who gets caught in the Super 8 wearing women's pantyhose while getting spanked by a prostitute.

This wouldn't surprise me. Maybe that's why Teri has the password to Steve's internet.

Yes, but at the time Teri was still young enough to conceive. And did, at least 5 more times (I believe she mentioned some miscarriages as well). Now that her child bearing days are behind her, do they still, uh, know each other in the biblical sense, or is that for the fertile years only?

Perhaps if they WANT to get it on, they take the literalist view that God can make her pregnant via a miracle if he really wants to? So there's no telling (regardless of what good ol' secular science might have to say about it)? Hence, it can still count for procreation maybe?

...though if it's all 100% a miracle, there's no reason God can make her pregnant without the deed either I guess. I don't know.

Archived