IGNORED

Geoff Botkin: Prince George has a DUTY, dammit!!!

Marian the Librarian

Never mind the fact that the new baby prince has yet to hit the two week mark - Geoff has weighed in on how he, along with every other male child, is going to lead his life. By George.

From David Botkin's FB page:

My Dad wrote an article about the Royal Baby. It's highly applicable to anyone with sons.

Prince George is big news. He's cute, his parents are glamorous, and he will be part of a wealthy and privileged family. But what exactly is the significance of the family and role that he was born into? And how does it make him different from any other babies born last week?

Prince George has hereditary duties to his family, his heritage, his nation, and to God. So does every other baby. George has the duty to prepare himself to discharge all his responsibilities in life. So does every other young man. Prince George will need to be taught that he does not belong to himself, but has been born and set apart to represent the British monarchy and serve the British people. He has a duty to be about important things rather than selfish hobbies. He has the duty to lead his people to higher moral ground, rather than follow the direction they're leading in. The welfare of his nation depends on it.

But how are these duties and responsibilities substantially different from those of George Smith, the homeschooled kid down the street? George Smith also has very serious royal duties. Like Prince George, he is required to submit himself to the Sovereignty of Jesus Christ. Like Prince George, he is charged to serve the King of Kings as His ambassador, representing His law, His wisdom, and His justice to the nations. Like Prince George, he is called to lead the nations into obedience to Christ (Mat. 28:19,20), rather than try to fit in with his peers.

The actions and reactions of the future King George may impact more people than the actions of George Smith, but both are equally accountable to Christ to do the right thing, every day of their lives. Neither boy can deny his duties. Neither boy can try to live a life as an independent little god, a selfish rock star, a professional wastrel, an icon of revolution, or a bum playing computer games in his parents' basement.

All boys have duties to lead the world into Christian order. This is one reason birth announcements of future kings have always been matters of awe, celebration, joy and nervousness. How will the baby turn out? Will he lead the nation into ruin, or blessing? The question we should really ask ourselves is: How about our children?

"But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light." (1 Pet 2:9)

By Geoffrey Botkin

(I guess girl babies just aren't worthy of mention...)

Never mind the fact that the new baby prince has yet to hit the two week mark - Geoff has weighed in on how he, along with every other male child, is going to lead his life. By George.

From David Botkin's FB page:

Not so much.

Does Geoff like Sarah Palin think the queen is the president of England or something? What the royal family is is a bunch of figureheads sucking off the taxpayers of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth. I was up in Winnipeg last weekend sightseeing, even visited the Mint and there was hardly a word about Prince George.

The Botkins have a very weird fascination with royalty.

It's weird, but not really a surprise. They think very highly of themselves, and if they had their way they'd be aristocrats. All of their talk of "generational faithfulness" and duty, and the overblown language they use while dispensing their godly wisdom from on high? They wish they were royalty. Deep down, I think it chaps Geoff's ass that he hasn't been adequately recognized and treated as such, except by his children/subjects.

Does Geoff like Sarah Palin think the queen is the president of England or something? What the royal family is is a bunch of figureheads sucking off the taxpayers of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth. I was up in Winnipeg last weekend sightseeing, even visited the Mint and there was hardly a word about Prince George.

Well. . . not sucking off the taxpayers:

bhyYgnhhKFw

You should visit Prince George, BC... I don't think they're going to shut up about it until he becomes King George...

(BTW, did we ever get confirmation that Palin believed that or was it just in the movie?)

From David Botkin's FB page

He has a public FB?

ETA: Nevermind. I looked him up. I'm surprised his FB wall is public!

On day Prince George will be the Defender of the Faith and Supreme Governor of the Church of England. Now that is a duty, a duty to a Catholic, but not Roman church! Bet the Botkins aren't so keen on that. :lol:

On day Prince George will be the Defender of the Faith and Supreme Governor of the Church of England. Now that is a duty, a duty to a Catholic, but not Roman church! Bet the Botkins aren't so keen on that. :lol:

I think they are keen on the C of E, there is a picture floating round of one of the Botkinettes dressed as Ann Bolyen, of all people. They've re imagined her as some Protestant martyr.

Well from what I can tell from his father and uncle Prince George will actually be expected to serve the people directly by joining the military in some way, shape or form.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Wil ... ary_career

In January 2009, William transferred his commission to the RAF and was promoted to Flight Lieutenant. He trained to become a helicopter pilot with the RAF's Search and Rescue Force.

In February 2012, the Duke indicated that, rather than leave the service at the end of his commission in 2013, as had been expected, he would instead remain with the RAF for a further three-year commission up to at least 2016, which is when the RAF Search and Rescue Force is due to be disbanded and replaced by a private contractor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Har ... ary_career

On 7 September 2012, Captain Wales, as he is known in the military, arrived at Camp Bastion in southern Afghanistan as part of the 100-strong 662 Squadron, 3 Regiment, Army Air Corps, to begin a four-month combat tour as a co-pilot and gunner for an Apache helicopter. On 10 September, within days of arriving in Afghanistan it was reported that the Taliban threatened Captain Wales' life. Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid spoke to Reuters and was quoted as saying; "We are using all our strength to get rid of him, either by killing or kidnapping," and "We have informed our commanders in Helmand to do whatever they can to eliminate him."

It was announced on 21 January 2013, that Prince Harry is returning from a 20-week deployment in Afghanistan, where he served as an Apache co-pilot/gunner

But all George the Homeschooled Kid will be expected to do by Botkin's community is dress up like a soldier for conferences.

Well. . . not sucking off the taxpayers:

bhyYgnhhKFw

I have to wonder whether the upper-ups in the U.K. haven't dissolved the monarchy because that would move the Windsors from "really rich but have to spend most of their allowed income on security and stage dressing" to "absolutely filthy stinking rich and, gee, now that they don't have to be figureheads anymore, they can buy up tons more land and own all kinds of companies and stuff."

I think they are keen on the C of E, there is a picture floating round of one of the Botkinettes dressed as Ann Bolyen, of all people. They've re imagined her as some Protestant martyr.

Anne Boleyn is seen as a Protestant martyr by some scholars. It has been argued that Anne wanted to use the moneys realized from the dissolution of the monasteries to fund colleges/Protestant education. Others wanted the proceeds for personal gain and orchestrated her downfall. See The Life and Death of Anne Boleyn by Eric Ives. http://www.amazon.com/The-Life-Death-An ... 0631234799

Anne Boleyn is seen as a Protestant martyr by some scholars. It has been argued that Anne wanted to use the moneys realized from the dissolution of the monasteries to fund colleges/Protestant education. Others wanted the proceeds for personal gain and orchestrated her downfall. See The Life and Death of Anne Boleyn by Eric Ives. http://www.amazon.com/The-Life-Death-An ... 0631234799

Oh, I'm aware of the theory, and that some consider it reputable. I just don't see how Ann tempting the king from his faithful wife, gallivanting in the French court as a girl while her father was in England and thus not giving her his "umbrella of protection", her likely premarital relationship with Henry, her flirtatiousness within the cult of courtly love and her disdain for men in power such as Wolsley and More, make her a suitable role model for a Botkinette. Her uncle and head of her house was in fact a catholic, and while he changed his stated beliefs as politics demanded he died in the Catholic faith, so Ann was certainly acting against her patriarchal authorities until she married Henry and he became her authority.

So there is Prince George, one day to be king and George Smith, the SOTDRT kid, destined to spend his whole life as a useless waste of space. Very amused that Botkin felt the need to specify that George Smith was home schooled. (Royals are traditionally "home schooled" as children, before going to high school. Will & Harry were the exception, going to Prep schools before heading off to Eton. Maybe Botkin feels home schooling adds class to his kids.)

I haven't watched the video on the true cost of the royals but I watched a documentary a while ago on how the costs to the British taxpayer would go up if they got rid of the monarchy and replaced the Queen with a President. I don't remember a lot of the details except that the pay for duties performed would be similar and the buildings would still have to be maintained.

Oh, I'm aware of the theory, and that some consider it reputable. I just don't see how Ann tempting the king from his faithful wife, gallivanting in the French court as a girl while her father was in England and thus not giving her his "umbrella of protection", her likely premarital relationship with Henry, her flirtatiousness within the cult of courtly love and her disdain for men in power such as Wolsley and More, make her a suitable role model for a Botkinette. Her uncle and head of her house was in fact a catholic, and while he changed his stated beliefs as politics demanded he died in the Catholic faith, so Ann was certainly acting against her patriarchal authorities until she married Henry and he became her authority.

All of that stuff doesn't matter. Fundies see the world in black and white, reformed fundies view the reformation as Papists vs Prods. Anne Boleyn was not Catholic and therefore officially on the side of goodness and light. I really am not joking. (As a slightly more up to date example, there were plenty of ppl in the church I grew up in who were automatically on the side of the Brits in the NI troubles. It didn't matter what happened during any given incident or that we were on the other side of the world and that no one had actually been there, it was Catholics vs Protestants and the Catholics were always wrong.)

Huh. What I gather from all of this is that Geoff Botkin is waiting for a Duke or better to come along and propose to his perpetually waiting daughters and bring the family once and for all into actual royalty rather than the fantasy created in their minds. They must look at Kate's family as a very hopeful example of commoners joining The Firm...

All of that stuff doesn't matter. Fundies see the world in black and white, reformed fundies view the reformation as Papists vs Prods. Anne Boleyn was not Catholic and therefore officially on the side of goodness and light. I really am not joking. (As a slightly more up to date example, there were plenty of ppl in the church I grew up in who were automatically on the side of the Brits in the NI troubles. It didn't matter what happened during any given incident or that we were on the other side of the world and that no one had actually been there, it was Catholics vs Protestants and the Catholics were always wrong.)

Yup, Anne was Protestant, so the Botkins automatically see her as good, even though her actual history is off the rails ... well, for the Botkins ;) Regardless, she did die for her faith, so she is a Protestant martyr as well - just one with a good back story. Maybe someone should send the Ives book to the Botkins?

The Ives book also has a blurb on the back cover where anne is called a feminist (I disagree, but it says that). It would blow their minds!

It's weird, but not really a surprise. They think very highly of themselves, and if they had their way they'd be aristocrats. All of their talk of "generational faithfulness" and duty, and the overblown language they use while dispensing their godly wisdom from on high? They wish they were royalty. Deep down, I think it chaps Geoff's ass that he hasn't been adequately recognized and treated as such, except by his children/subjects.

I have noticed this with them too. The fascination with royalty and yeah, it's occurred to me that they are a bunch of real royalty wannabees. Guess they will have to settle for being royalty within their family and followers.

I think the Botkinettes are going to be single for a long time yet or maybe forever. Between Daddy worship and the royalty attitude, no one will be good enough.

I guess it was only a matter of time before one of these guys weighed in on Prince George.

I have noticed this with them too. The fascination with royalty and yeah, it's occurred to me that they are a bunch of real royalty wannabees. Guess they will have to settle for being royalty within their family and followers.

I think the Botkinettes are going to be single for a long time yet or maybe forever. Between Daddy worship and the royalty attitude, no one will be good enough.

I guess it was only a matter of time before one of these guys weighed in on Prince George.

I was about to say something similar. The Botkins and the Phillips view themselves as slightly better than most people. They want to be the hereditary leaders that are automatically followed and, I suspect, they wouldn't mind having a few involuntary servants also. It is why the idea of being southern gentry appeals to the Turleys so much. The entire Vision Forum lot have found a religious excuse to justify their snobbery

Exactly. This is why the A Beka World History textbook has a passage about the holiness of the French Revolution because it weakened the Catholic Church in France.

(BTW, did we ever get confirmation that Palin believed that or was it just in the movie?)

The movie was based on a book written by the campaign manager, I believe. This is the same woman who said in a nation interview that she could see Russia from her house. Her complete lack of knowledge about anything outside the US should come as no surprise to anyone.

The movie was based on a book written by the campaign manager, I believe. This is the same woman who said in a nation interview that she could see Russia from her house. Her complete lack of knowledge about anything outside the US should come as no surprise to anyone.

She didn't actually say she could see it from her house. That was Tina Fey playing her. What she said, though, was almost as stupid:

“They’re our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska. We have trade missions back and forth. We– we do– it’s very important when you consider even national security issues with Russia as Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where– where do they go? It’s Alaska."

Actually, since the Queen is Britain's head of state, she does fulfill part of the role that the President fulfills here. In the USA the President is both the head of state and head of government. In a constitutional monarchy like Britain, they are separate.

I don't really see where the Botkins get off commenting on Prince George's role in life though, since most of the rest of the time they are running off their mouths about how the British are tyrants and we are well rid of them. Just the usual fundie hyperbole I guess...

Archived