IGNORED

Please donate to poor church helicoptor needs new blades

doggie

The arrogance of these megachurch preachers is amazing. Why can't he pay a week of his salary to buy the 50,000 new blades? But hey he speaks for god and dictates what god will give you if you do donate.

That's right! In exchange for the $52 donation, each donor will receive their dream vehicle in 52 days or 52 weeks. Because the Lord works in mysterious ways, but keeps a tight calendar.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/06/2 ... elieve-why

ishop I.V. Hilliard of the New Light Christian Church has his Texas congregation talking after he sent out a newsletter asking his congregation to donate $50,000. Was he starting a food pantry? Working with disadvantaged families? Moving people out of homelessness? Oh, no. He needs new blades for his million dollar helicopter:

Bishop I.V. Hilliard of the New Light Christian Center Church, which has six locations in Texas, said the church chopper needs maintenance just like any vehicle. The flyer obtained by KTRH quotes bible scripture, stating, “We have an urgent transportation need that the Lord said can be an opportunity for you to see His favor and His wisdom released to help you.â€

He suggests that the “Aviation Department†of New Light could get a deal on new blades if the ministry collects the money right away. In exchange for money, he said the Lord will issue a favor to congregants that might help them obtain their dream vehicle.

That's right! In exchange for the $52 donation, each donor will receive their dream vehicle in 52 days or 52 weeks. Because the Lord works in mysterious ways, but keeps a tight calendar.

After community outrage, Hilliard had this to say:

Hilliard allegedly responded to Isiah Carey of Fox stating: “New Light Church World Outreach and Worship Centers, Inc. regularly make appeals to Special Partners, Members and friends of the church for the support of various programs and services. Occasionally, it is not uncommon for an appeal to be directed toward specific Kingdom projects or specific needs. In this instance, the appeal was directed to our Special Partners and friends who are familiar with the Biblical principles upon which we base our faith. We sincerely regret if anyone was offended by this appeal in that it was not our intent.â€

I expect that to be followed by, "Janet Smith broke the chain by not donating $52. Then, 52 days later, Janet Smith was killed when a helicopter fell on her."

Why does a church need a helicopter?

watch the video he has to fly to the several churches he owns. can't miss out on any paychecks.

I get a kick out of some of the church goers attack others if they criticize him over begging for the money. nothing like blind loyalty to a rich preacher.

Its not like he needs one though, cant he organise services so he can attend all of them by car, or have someone else do some of them instead.

In the comments there is a picture of his house, which is 40519 square foot and has 30 bedrooms and 36 bathrooms (why??), a tennis court and a swimming pool. Surely he can afford a helicopter.

How is this different from indulgences that the Protestant faith came from decrying?

Oh wait, the indulgences at least were about spiritual needs versus physical wants. Yeesh.

Figures. When I was little, I always thought that it was weird that people donated $ to church, yet there were still poor people in the world. I always wondered where that $ went to. Most churches, imo, want $ for themselves instead of for their fellow humans/members. If church charities are so Goddamn great, how come they're still poor people in the world? After all, isn't Christianity, Islam and Hinduism the 3 main religions of the world? (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

I wonder if they're any statistics on how much churches keep donated $ for themselves and how much of their donated $ goes to the local poor/poor in general...

maybe they want to reenact the literal interpretation of the drowning man and the boat/helicopters God sent to save him?

Don't think all churches are like this. Mine is without air conditioning. When I asked why they didn't have it, I was told pre-recession they had been planning to get it and saving up. But then the recession hit and there was so much need they couldn't morally justify spending the money. Instead they are helping keep a struggling foster home afloat.

As much as I need AC, I do admire them for the stance.

I expect that to be followed by, "Janet Smith broke the chain by not donating $52. Then, 52 days later, Janet Smith was killed when a helicopter fell on her."

I suspect that's also what happened to Dr. Romano.

Don't think all churches are like this. Mine is without air conditioning. When I asked why they didn't have it, I was told pre-recession they had been planning to get it and saving up. But then the recession hit and there was so much need they couldn't morally justify spending the money. Instead they are helping keep a struggling foster home afloat.

I typed "most" not all.

I read the title of this thread as "Please donate to poor church hellcopter" needs new blades". I though it was going to be about some bizarre new take on the Halloween "Hell House" phenomena. :lol:

watch the video he has to fly to the several churches he owns. can't miss out on any paychecks.

I get a kick out of some of the church goers attack others if they criticize him over begging for the money. nothing like blind loyalty to a rich preacher.

Silly me, hoping that a church wealthy enough to afford a helicopter might use it for more charitable or civic purposes such as fundraisers, volunteer police work, training, or maybe even life-flight, although I've never heard of a church doing such a thing.

How precious is this, I ask you? Give X amount of money toward keeping my chopper running, and you you can bank that as Godly credit toward a future favor. :roll:

I typed "most" not all.

My post wasn't aimed at you, or anyone for that matter. I've heard these horrible stories before, this time it's helicopter blades, next time it will be a new stadium. But I rarely hear stories like the one I shared which is why they are so important to tell.

Google shows a daughter wrote a tell all book and the patents disowned her. They appear to be SUPER rich which always irritates me when it comes to pastors.

I admire your churches stance also.

Silly me, hoping that a church wealthy enough to afford a helicopter might use it for more charitable or civic purposes such as fundraisers, volunteer police work, training, or maybe even life-flight, although I've never heard of a church doing such a thing.

How precious is this, I ask you? Give X amount of money toward keeping my chopper running, and you you can bank that as Godly credit toward a future favor. :roll:

The Catholic church did/dose something similar to that called indulgence's. Marten Luther included it in his list of grievances with the church (95 Theses).

I really wonder how much these churches help out the true poor and needy I mean the real people not just the church members or Christians. Or wasting money on missionaries.

Jeez, you mean there's yet ANOTHER reason to be ashamed of something in my home state??

Yup, this is like an indulgence, but worse. The hypocrisy is unreal.

Wow... they're seriously trolling. It's a religious chain letter.

What do they need a helicopter for?

Archived