IGNORED

Bono on Jesus. With or without you :P

OkToBeTakei

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/frankviola/bono-on-jesus/

Aww he can be such pretentious twat. But I saw U2 play in Dublin when they were playing in pubs. They are the music of my youth. Also without doubt the best live band I have ever seen and there seriously is not many I have not seen. (granted taste differs in every person here.)

Anyway. Some funny perspectives.

There’s nothing hippie about my picture of Christ. The Gospels paint a picture of a very demanding, sometimes divisive love, but love it is. I accept the Old Testament as more of an action movie: blood, car chases, evacuations, a lot of special effects, seas dividing, mass murder, adultery. The children of God are running amok, wayward. Maybe that’s why they’re so relatable. But the way we would see it, those of us who are trying to figure out our Christian conundrum, is that the God of the Old Testament is like the journey from stern father to friend. When you’re a child, you need clear directions and some strict rules. But with Christ, we have access in a one-to-one relationship, for, as in the Old Testament, it was more one of worship and awe, a vertical relationship. The New Testament, on the other hand, we look across at a Jesus who looks familiar, horizontal. The combination is what makes the Cross.

When I look at the Cross of Christ, what I see up there is all my s— and everybody else’s. So I ask myself a question a lot of people have asked: Who is this man? And was He who He said He was, or was He just a religious nut? And there it is, and that’s the question. And no one can talk you into it or out of it.

Hehe. The bolded I do agree with. Now Bono. Shut up and go make me an album :D

Ahhhh, it's wank, but strangely endearing wank :lol: I sort of like people who walk about saying things which could have come out of Private Eye's Pseuds Corner. They might get laughed at, but sometimes they also get close to the truth.

Huh, this might explain why some of the local mega-churches sing Bono songs during the service.

Huh, this might explain why some of the local mega-churches sing Bono songs during the service.

:shock: I guess they don't know he was raised Catholic, is an admirer of Pope John Paul II, and is kind of rabid about the Christian responsibility of helping the poor and disadvantaged regardless of faith.

But, hold up, wait a minute. I thought Bono IS the Messiah. Am I mistaken? :think:

But, hold up, wait a minute. I thought Bono IS the Messiah. Am I mistaken? :think:

Even if he is, that doesn't matter, Lennon's bigger!

Archived