IGNORED

Church Offers Free Chick-fil-A for Straight Couples

doggie

this is more funny then anything else. or kind of pathetic really? I mean you need an award to be married now? I guess now that some gays are getting married normal marriages are breaking up and the people are turning into gay people. or something like that.

http://www.newser.com/story/168226/chur ... uples.html

(Newser) – A church in Dayton, Ohio gave out free $25 Chik-fil-A gift cards to straight married couples attending its "Day to Honor Biblical Marriage" event. An ad for the event was picked up by Reddit and, as these things do, spread quickly around the Internet, reports the Huffington Post. Despite Chik-fil-A's open opposition to gay marriage, the chain says it was not affiliated with the event, and the gift cards are reported to have been purchased by a local restaurant and donated to the church. So far, no gay couples in Dayton are reported to have reconsidered their sexual preference at the prospect of free chicken.

If it's a "Day to Honor Biblical Marriage" event, I wonder if it includes polygamy (that's in the Bible, right?) and if so, do plural marriages get more than one coupon?

So far, no gay couples in Dayton are reported to have reconsidered their sexual preference at the prospect of free chicken.

:lol:

Well if that doesn't fix them, nothing will.

This might be the funniest thing I have seen all day, and I have had a pretty hilarious day.

So far, no gay couples in Dayton are reported to have reconsidered their sexual preference at the prospect of free chicken.

If they had only offered KFC instead! You guys will get 'em next time!

:roll:

So what is a "Bibilical marriage"? I'm not Christian but hubby is and we got married in a Christian church.....does that make our marriage "biblilical? Can we get the free gift cards? Hubby loves Chick-fil-A and would jump at the chance at a free meal...

If it's a "Day to Honor Biblical Marriage" event, I wonder if it includes polygamy (that's in the Bible, right?) and if so, do plural marriages get more than one coupon?

Or is the sandwich used to buy the bride? that's biblical too.

I would sell out all my moral values for free chicken. Clever, Dayton church, clever.

You'd think that they would reconsider giving couples a gift card that allows the wife to get out of her wifely cooking duties.

Someone alert Ex Gay Greg Haislip and his bride, DeDe. Cause he's straight. And, at 14 months pregnant she surely has had a craving or two that CFA can satisfy.

So instead of using that money to oh I don't know help the community and spread the gospel, they allow parishoners to clog their arteries with fast food. My feeling are best summed up with the following emoticons :angry-banghead: :pull-hair:

What do gay couples get? Free rainbow cupcakes (which are awesome, I need to make some)

I would love it if a man goes in with three women, claiming theyre his wives, and asks for free chicken for them all. Biblical marriage is not just one man and one woman...

What do gay couples get? Free rainbow cupcakes (which are awesome, I need to make some)

I would love it if a man goes in with three women, claiming theyre his wives, and asks for free chicken for them all. Biblical marriage is not just one man and one woman...

What do gay couples get? How about free dinners at upscale eateries like Chez Panisse or Per Se?

A gift card to sur la table?

I would sell out all my moral values for free chicken. Clever, Dayton church, clever.

Walked past a person carrying TWO CFA shakes today. :( I miss them so much.

Damn, I live near Dayton. I consider myself queer, but I'm in a hetero marriage and would totally have crashed this event for the lolz and free chicken.

A gift card to sur la table?

Walked past a person carrying TWO CFA shakes today. :( I miss them so much.

I never had their shakes. I only ever had CFA at my college dining hall, they only carried the basic chicken stuff. I miss the sammiches.

What's Chik-fil-A? I live in NY and we don't have them here. I know they hate gay people; I remember all that on the news. Is it like the McDonald's of chicken? Better or worse than KFC?

So, American FJers, is Chick-Fil-A any good? My friend in Georgia is sad about having to boycott them but she eats anything if you put ketchup on it. Or is it like saying you'll never listen to Nickelback again?

What's Chik-fil-A? I live in NY and we don't have them here. I know they hate gay people; I remember all that on the news. Is it like the McDonald's of chicken? Better or worse than KFC?

The usual chicken stuff, except slightly more tastefully composed. Still, just fast food chicken to me.

Some of us agree that KFC has gone downhills, they flour and deep fry the boney part of the chicken, and they hand it out to you in a box and you won't find a thigh or a wing. Sad. I used to like eating them.

I really want to eat chipotle though. Exhole never took me to a Chipotle because "it would give him the runs", so I he did not want me to enjoy their stuff either. :roll: Such a selfless soul. I always marveled that about him.

So, American FJers, is Chick-Fil-A any good? My friend in Georgia is sad about having to boycott them but she eats anything if you put ketchup on it. Or is it like saying you'll never listen to Nickelback again?

Had it a few times mainly because I was at an airport and it was the best or only option around. It's okay. The first time I tried it was at the Philly airport and it was completely raw in the middle. Nothing disgusts me more than being served raw chicken. I couldn't even complain because my flight was boarding.

McDonald's has an imitation sandwich that is similar. But when the kids are insisting on fast food and I break down, it's a Five Guys burger or hot dog for me.

The usual chicken stuff, except slightly more tastefully composed. Still, just fast food chicken to me.

Some of us agree that KFC has gone downhills, they flour and deep fry the boney part of the chicken, and they hand it out to you in a box and you won't find a thigh or a wing. Sad. I used to like eating them.

I really want to eat chipotle though. Exhole never took me to a Chipotle because "it would give him the runs", so I he did not want me to enjoy their stuff either. :roll: Such a selfless soul. I always marveled that about him.

I heard recently that KFC has engineered their chickens not to have peeks or feet and they are fed out of a tube. I was like okay I haven't eaten @ a KFC in close to 10 years and now I really do not want to. I do enjoy Chipotle once in awhile.

Well all I can do is buy Chipotle sauce, Chipotle peppers, powder etc and cook copycat Chipotle. I can eat a small canful of Chipotle peppers when I'm in the mood. They should be available worldwide.

I've never understood the fuss about Chik-fil-A. I ate a chicken sandwich there when it first came to my town and it was just "eh". Then I found out it was run by fundies and I never went back. If I want a milkshake, Sonic's are top of the line.

Now, as AVENues was saying, Chipotle is the shit. I can think of nothing finer than a Barbacoa burrito with double rice, no beans. Please tell me Chipotle doesn't support any morally objectionable causes. I would cry... a lot.

Straight people may be married doggie; but they may not be committed to a religious relationship with a church and their families. Oh noes! What will the churches in America do without their Christian army to wipe out the Muslim infidels in the Crusades Part 2 War on Terror in the Middle-East?

Archived