IGNORED

%&^*& full bust adjustment

jaelh

hey y'all sewers

so i'm doing my first fba. need to add 3" to the bust: have done the real fit for real people adjustment (slash and spread).

anyhoo - i need the bigger waist, so I dont' want to take the excess back in at at the waist line. Am working with a piece of cord (winter shirt dress) so i'd rather avoid a heavy dart on the side. Figure a lower waist is tolerable (and easy enough to change).

issue though the fba has totally changed the shape of the bodice on the side seam.

how is this dealt with? only by putting in the side dart? can i just whack off some excess and make it straight again?

please help me, this thing is %*^(&&$ with my head.

thanking you in advance! :)

Do you have any pictures? I'm trying to visualize what you have and pictures would be a huge help.

hey claddagh - i've decided to leave off the fba for a few weeks. i've got to hand in a major piece of written work in 3.5 weeks, and messing around with the pattern is doing my head in. I figure at this point it's better to go for something where i've got not sizing problems and that I enjoy making.

And come back to this %*^&$ when i'm done. [if it's ok with you - I'll come back with questions then: I know I've got to figure this out to ever have a big-4/ any off the shelf pattern fit, but eh.. pattern modification is a whole new world... i like my sheltered workshop]

in the meantime... <3 me a lekala pattern... 8001 for the win. dynamite (better than tnt!) every time. :)

hey claddagh - i've decided to leave off the fba for a few weeks. i've got to hand in a major piece of written work in 3.5 weeks, and messing around with the pattern is doing my head in. I figure at this point it's better to go for something where i've got not sizing problems and that I enjoy making.

And come back to this %*^&$ when i'm done. [if it's ok with you - I'll come back with questions then: I know I've got to figure this out to ever have a big-4/ any off the shelf pattern fit, but eh.. pattern modification is a whole new world... i like my sheltered workshop]

No problem! Good luck with your written work! :D

It's an old sewing book from the 30's/40's, but you still might be able to find or download copies online. It's called "Simplicty Sewing Book." It has a lot of good odds and ends sewing information that I think may be helpful.

No problem! Good luck with your written work! :D

It's an old sewing book from the 30's/40's, but you still might be able to find or download copies online. It's called "Simplicty Sewing Book." It has a lot of good odds and ends sewing information that I think may be helpful.

I know exactly what you're talking about- I've got an abe books cart full of books I want (and the simplicity book is in there; as too is the readers digest, fit for real people, and the sb fabric book..) Just got to get some coin and they're on the way!

i'm really enjoying learning dressmaking though - this isn't the type of challenge i usually set myself, and so far, so good. Though damn - I'm really not a fine motor skills person. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived