IGNORED

20 Young People who were probably educated at SOTDRT

Maggie Mae

I read 14 and that was a head scratcher, because it was the most eloquent of the bunch, which lets face it was not hard to be eloquent in the bastion of inferior intellect. All the others if you boiled them down were because God said so. Also interesting God apparently doesn't make gay people and he doesn't make gay people, but gay people are mistaken regarding their oreintation. Okay join us next week for another lovely round of circular logic.

Someone spelled believe two times on an f'ffing sign!! Their idiocy will live on forever. Hearts and curvy writing declaring your rights to take away someone else's rights my ass.

Basically sounds like 20 reasons we SHOULD have gay marriage since we don't base our laws on the bible and that's the only reasoning they have. They should read the first amendment, it's right before the second one that they are always touting.

The first one pissed me off the most. "Ewww...I could never see myself with a woman". Therefore, it’s the "right thing" to deny civil rights to people who are different from her.

Classic narcissism, but also a prime example of why we should never allow the whims of the majority to dictate the rights of the minority.

Number one was my favorite--girl who "can't imagine" herself with another woman because "ewwww".

News bulletin, sweetheart: Legalizing gay marriage would not require you or anyone else to "change" sexual orientation.

Some part of me feel really sorry for these kids. If gay marriage is legalized their great grandkids will find pictures of their supreme lack of logic.

.... but the logic fallacy apple doesn't fall far from the logic fail tree.

Oh, and if I ever get my picture taken with a protest sign- I'll try to make my handwriting at least legible. And use a damn spell check. Don't they have those things on their iphones that gasp! openly endorses gay rights?

I don't even understand what #15 was trying to say. :|

#1 got me. So, she doesn't see herself with another woman, because that's ew? Well, I don't see myself with my neighbour, who's a lovely man, but I'm not going to stop him from marrying his girlfriend, who's also very lovely. Neither am I going to stop the guy across the street from marrying, just because I can't imagine myself with him. That would be ridiculous.

edited to remove useless info

Some part of me feel really sorry for these kids. If gay marriage is legalized their great grandkids will find pictures of their supreme lack of logic.

.... but the logic fallacy apple doesn't fall far from the logic fail tree.

Oh, and if I ever get my picture taken with a protest sign- I'll try to make my handwriting at least legible. And use a damn spell check. Don't they have those things on their iphones that gasp! openly endorses gay rights?

Never mind their great grandkids, things are moving so fast with regard to marriage equality that in five years the nieces and nephews of these kids will probably find their positions out-of-touch.

They ALL make me mad because each and every one shows a fundamental misunderstanding of our government. But then they come from the world where Sean Hannity is a scholar rather than an uneducated DJ.

That was chilling. All those kids standing with their faces showing, many of them smiling, with those disgusting hate-filled vitriolic screeds. Just scary that they are not ashamed to be attached to such evilness.

Not to mention that even my preschooler can tell you that if two women get married then a friend who's a man needs to help them have a baby.

I think it's sad that so many of those kids look like the "alternative" kids that went with me to high school. - The kind of kids who hated bullies, capitalism and most politicians. The kind of kids who listened to the Smiths, read the Second Sex, bought clothes on secondhand and gave away their favorite gloves to the local homeless men (who happened to walk by). The kind of kids who welcomed me, when they noticed I was lonely. The kind of kids who told me how it's like to be a LGBTQ-person in a hetero-normative society. The kind of kids I have a lot to thank for, cause they are the main reason LGBTQ has become the issue/cause I'm most passionate about in my life. The reason they left this strong impact on me, is because they welcomed me and taught me how it's like to be accepted - for the very first time in my life.

I don't have Facebook anymore, but my best friend (who happens to be one of those ebil fagz) likes to keep me posted on the stuff the crazy people we went to school with post on their pages. We graduated from a godless public school with this girl who is ultra-religious and spews zealotry on Facebook all the time. Since gay marriage is in the news this week, she's been in rare form with shit like "Marriage = Man + Woman. This is not subjective." Then this morning she posted a picture of her infant son holding a stuffed toy snake with the caption, "I may have a little snake lover on my hands!" Best friend wants to ask her why she lets her "little man" play with homosexual indoctrination materials and whether she's worried about any repressed sinful desires he may be exhibiting.

Does the girl who can't imagine herself with another woman not acknowledge that lesbians exhist?

I can't imagine myself with another woman either, but I'm fully aware that many woman find it hard to imagine themselves with a man!

I'd like to flick a few of them in the forehead. It's the only institution that links parents and children? What about adoption? And as for all of the "it takes a man and woman to create and care for kids," I'd love for one of them to explain that to my daughter, whose birth parents, while necessary to her existence on Earth, chose to abuse her and not feed her.

Statistically, several of those smiling young people will end up infertile, too. I hope someone tracks them down in a few years to ask the ones who can't have a baby how important they think that ability is to the validity of their marriage.

Does the girl who can't imagine herself with another woman not acknowledge that lesbians exhist?

I can't imagine myself with another woman either, but I'm fully aware that many woman find it hard to imagine themselves with a man!

I can't imagine myself eating durian, because I think it smells like death. Ewwww. And yet, so many other people in the world embrace its stinky deliciousness.

I can't imagine myself eating durian, because I think it smells like death. Ewwww. And yet, so many other people in the world embrace its stinky deliciousness.

Are you comparing lady bits to a fruit? Because mine personally smell like strawberries and sometimes, vodka.

By the logic of #1, I think we should get rid of all churches because I can't imagine myself going to church. Eww.

So you can't be a princess without a king AND a queen? Then why do all the pure young maidens gush about being Daughters of the King? No mention of a queen, ever.

My fave sign on the pro side is the 'jesus had two dads and turned out fine' one.

So the idea of my parents having sex...ewww! Does that mean I have the right to demand that everyone stop having sex once their kids grow up? There are plenty of people, things and kinks out there that I don't find exciting (feet, OMG why do people like feet!) and plenty of people, things and kinks that I find exciting that other people probably say eww about. People are individuals with individual likes, attractions and desires. Funny for all the talk about the "gay lifestyle" and how it will ruin the the country the only people who are obsessed with talking about sex are the ones who want to control what other people do.

PS Marriage is a civil union. Matrimony is a church union. When you are bound by the ties of holy matrimony in church you are still required to have a marriage certificate from the government. You can married outside of church so by trying to convince people that marriage is religious is false. You (the royal general you) think that marriage is religious? Stop trying to change the meaning of the word!

Archived