IGNORED

20 Young People who were probably educated at SOTDRT

Maggie Mae

My gay daughter just looks at them and says "You know that God you says hates me? He had two dads" and winks. If they say 'well he also had a mother' she just says "Kinky!' and moves on. :lol:

Know what the Bible also says? Psalm 137:9- Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

I can't imagine myself eating durian, because I think it smells like death. Ewwww. And yet, so many other people in the world embrace its stinky deliciousness.

I was going to make a crack about oyster (because, eeeew), but then I remembered that I have heard more than one person express the opinion that no-one drinks alcoholc drinks for the taste, they just choke it down for the drug effects. It seems some adults are still working on their theory of mind.

Ok, WTF?!? I don't agree with them, but I do hope they change their minds about marriage equality.

Also, proofreading and legibility wouldn't hurt.

To counter them, here are some awesome signs from supporters. Not breaking link because it's Buzzfeed.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/the-abso ... #responses

#5 is one of my favorites.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/37-messa ... rriage-equ

Notice how they are free of spelling and grammatical errors and overall, legible?

Are you comparing lady bits to a fruit? Because mine personally smell like strawberries and sometimes, vodka.

Ha! Nope. I was just at the store earlier and saw some durian, so it came to mind as something I don't like but others do.

Hopefully, no part of my body will ever smell like durian. Eek!

I'm really REALLY sad that none of those kids has a critical thinking brain cell or even a clue WHY they supposidly think the way they think. There was no explaination. And, no, "because god says so" is not a thought process, it's an excuse NOT to think.

I think #14 is one of those people who opposes "gay marriage" but supports civil unions or some alternative. I have at least one conservative Christian friend who doesn't feel comfortable supporting gay marriage for religions, but who believes they deserve all the rights that come with marriage (including all those federal benefits and protections gay couples don't currently get).

I don't agree that civil unions are good enough, but it's at least a step forward when even fundamentalist Christians start supporting them.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/60-momen ... ng-seattle

I couldn't help tearing up and smiling as I scrolled through the 60 page essay of gay and lesbian couples being married in Seattle. I wish anyone who's against gay marriage could look at these photos and see the love and joy in these couples' faces as they celebrate public confirmation of their relationship and still deny their right to get married.

I really h ate that 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' saying. My retort is always 'Yeah, how about Adam and Steve because your Adam is make-believe'.

I just don't get how two women or two men getting married has any bearing on these people at all ever. It makes no fucking sense to me.

I like Number 19: "I think everyone deserves a mom and dad."

The trouble is, I'm giving the author of 19 a big benefit of the doubt, and deliberately taking her very literally. Yes, everyone DOES deserve a mom and a dad, I had both, and I'm really happy about that!

I believe though, that she is making the big leap in logic that says that the only way to have the mom and dad we all so richly deserve is to make sure that the only permitted marriage is the man-marrying-woman kind. Because all of those marriages result in children. Because the only way you can have a mom and dad is if they are married. Because no moms and dads ever get divorced. Because no legally married heterosexuals ever die, leaving a child with just one parent. Because you can't have 2 mothers (or 2 fathers) at home and a father (or mother) in another location. Because there's no such thing as a father-figure or mother-figure if you don't happen to live in a traditional family.

Makes me want to become a mother-figure to Number 19. I would encourage her to take her basically positive thought and use some critical thinking skills to go beyond the limited viewpoint that someone else has imposed on her.

The no kids without mom and dad baffles me. What do they think, that if gay marriage becomes legal a door through time will open and every child in history will not be born? Or rather that no one will ever have children anymore because of gay marriage? Will all the straight people turn gay? Will in vitro disappear? Look at me looking for logic where there's none to be found...

Also, everyone that's saying "because it's right" strikes me as "it's true because I say it is!". Who died and made you king/queen?

The first one pissed me off the most. "Ewww...I could never see myself with a woman". Therefore, it’s the "right thing" to deny civil rights to people who are different from her.

Classic narcissism, but also a prime example of why we should never allow the whims of the majority to dictate the rights of the minority.

I can't picture myself with a woman, either- much like my gay friend can't. Does not mean I am going to put that onto others.

I really h ate that 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' saying. My retort is always 'Yeah, how about Adam and Steve because your Adam is make-believe'.

I just don't get how two women or two men getting married has any bearing on these people at all ever. It makes no fucking sense to me.

The best part of that sign was that she felt the need to add "YOLO" to it. Like, "You only live once! Make sure to be an asshole about your religion and stomp on other people's rights! YOLO!"

The whole lot of them irritated me. None of their "arguments" made me change my mind about same sex marriage or the Bible. They can candy coat their hatred for LGBT people with smiles but it is still hatred.

You know what, I want to show up to one of these protests once just to hold a sign saying something like, "God loves everyone" and another that says "why don't you Christians go get up in arms about something like rape or murder? You know, things that are against the ten commandments (there is no commandment saying "thou shalt not be homosexual) and that actually HURT people?"

Ok, the latter is too long for a sign, but still.

I am really offended by the number that answered that marriage was about children having a mum & dad, particularly the girl who said marriage is child centred not adult centred. (Maybe offended is not the right word as I feel like most of these kids are just parroting their parents. I am sad that they don't appear to be thinking for themselves yet and I am offended by their parents attitudes.)

There are a lot of married adults in my family who do not have children. I wonder would these people prefer them to be "living in sin" rather than married, especially as most of them married knowing they would never have children? That would seem to be the only alternative, if marriage is only about children. Maybe they expect them to remain single?

I also know a lot of single parents doing a great of raising children. You need a mum and dad to be created but you do not need a mum & dad to grow up. (I do think it is a good idea to have male and female role models.)

I would love to tell these kids that I married my husband because I loved him and wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. Fifteen years later I love him even more than I did when I married him and still want to spend the rest of my life with him. Yes, we have kids but that is not the reason we married and is certainly not a reason we would stay married.

I like Number 19: "I think everyone deserves a mom and dad."

The trouble is, I'm giving the author of 19 a big benefit of the doubt, and deliberately taking her very literally. Yes, everyone DOES deserve a mom and a dad, I had both, and I'm really happy about that!

I believe though, that she is making the big leap in logic that says that the only way to have the mom and dad we all so richly deserve is to make sure that the only permitted marriage is the man-marrying-woman kind. Because all of those marriages result in children. Because the only way you can have a mom and dad is if they are married. Because no moms and dads ever get divorced. Because no legally married heterosexuals ever die, leaving a child with just one parent. Because you can't have 2 mothers (or 2 fathers) at home and a father (or mother) in another location. Because there's no such thing as a father-figure or mother-figure if you don't happen to live in a traditional family.

Makes me want to become a mother-figure to Number 19. I would encourage her to take her basically positive thought and use some critical thinking skills to go beyond the limited viewpoint that someone else has imposed on her.

One of my catholic FB friends has been putting up "Support Marriage" messages complete with images of man+woman+child as an ideal family. Except that she's divorced from her kids' father and hates the guy, and is currently married to a man with whom she has no kids. Of course the catholic church hates teh gayz, but they never said anything about divorce. Like ever. Really :roll:

I just don't understand the argument these kids are making. A majority of them claim because you can't procreate with same sex people. Well what about infirtile couples? Elderly couples? They cannot procreate, yet can still be married.

I know I'm preaching to the choir. These stupid arguments infuriate me. I mean, if I had a chance to write on a piece of paper my opinion to the world, I sure as hell wouldn't waste it with "I can't be a fucking princess without a king and queen." Um way to show your stupidity to the argument.

Some gay men are queens too, so theoretically you can have a king and a queen!!

Is that one of them talk about something other than the "law of God" "God" "Word of God" ... ?

Do they know that it will not convince atheists and educated people ?

Can they do anything other than repeat what they said ?

Other questions: what they have known the hell to grow up in the home of state * ? When I was a young child I would have preferred to have two fathers or two mothers rather than 8 fathers and mothers that change every 12 hours and are paid for it.

* Home of state : I mean there homes / houses of the state for abused children, orphans, poor parents, etc. ...

One of my catholic FB friends has been putting up "Support Marriage" messages complete with images of man+woman+child as an ideal family. Except that she's divorced from her kids' father and hates the guy, and is currently married to a man with whom she has no kids. Of course the catholic church hates teh gayz, but they never said anything about divorce. Like ever. Really :roll:

A friend of mine just posted something similar. A not equal sign (equal with a diagonal line through it) and wrote something about gay marriage not being God's plan. Yet she's divorced and has kids from two different men that she never married. I'm not judging her, I was happy she found the strength to leave the abusive asshole and her children are beautiful. But I can't understand why she wants to align herself with people who don't think her own family is "God's plan" either.

Such pretty smiles, with so much ugliness behind them. And it's all so mindless and automatic. :(

I really do think of raising children to be bigoted is a form of child abuse. Unfortunately, it's one for which the parents can't be prosecuted.

Archived