IGNORED

Have We Talked About this Book?

GenerationCedarchip

I know Vision Forum really touts a book called Ten P's in a Pod, which sounds like a homeschooling memoir from back in the days before the homeschool movement. Here's the blurb:

visionforum.com/browse/product/ten-ps-in-a-pod/default.aspx

Has anyone read this book? I've noticed it being cited as inspirational on several fundie and even mainstream Christian blogs so I was just curious.

My family was given a copy of this book by a fundie-lite friend... I remember my mom trying to read it and eventually stopping. I think she thought the writing wasn't very good and that it was boring. It's definitely not as charming/interesting as Cheaper by the Dozen, though that has problems of it's own. I also seem to remember the father taking unnecessary risks/doing stupid things like driving in snowstorms just to prove that God was providing for the family. The author is definitely a fundie, he's spoken at VF events, but I don't know if his other siblings are as proud or supportive about their growing up years. My guess is that some of them didn't like traveling all over, preaching and singing, and not having a normal childhood but it's hard to know for sure.

Archived