IGNORED

Maxwell music

ricky_ticky

I think it's wonderful that the Maxwells have found an outlet for their music entertaining the elderly. I don't mean to be harsh or judgmental when observing that the elderly in our society are starved for attention and therefore not highly discerning. Many probably have suffered some hearing loss and feel comforted by familiar, repetitive music like the Maxwells play. Seems like a win-win situation for all involved.

If you haven't already, you have to listen to the sample of Trust "eend" Obey here:

titus2.com/ecommerce/products/prod_listing.php/3000

I'm sorry, but their singing is just awful. I ain't no music critic, but it's just painful to listen to. I'm a lousy singer too,and have no room to talk, but I would not put out a cd like they did, that's for sure.

I'm tempted to make a snarky remark about some of the resident's possible hearing loss and the Maxwell's music. Maybe *that's* why the residents don't mind it.

They prey on the elderly, plain and simple. Yes, there are too many who soak up and need the attention, but that is the fault of their families. The Maxwells just take advantage of that. Have church in a room full of wheel chair bound people, some of whom cannot communicate. Well then, no resistance to your message there. No discussion or argument; no one to question what you say or preach. Only a room of people either desperate for 'church' along with others who don't really know what choice they're making, and damn! Maxwells look awesome, don't they? There isn't a soul in their congregation who questions them or defies them or contradicts them...nothing. Just an open, accepting, silent audience that smiles and goes along with it for their own reasons.

And the music? Oh, man, that stuff is horrible. They love to talk about 'self taught' music and instruments and vilify music teachers who take time and attention from the whole family thing. They are incapable of even thinking that people who teach music do so for a reason; self teaching can only get you so far. Some have a gift and are 'naturals' - chances are slim to none that a whole Maxwell family is gifted with natural talent in so many areas of music. I've only ever listened to one small part of their 'music'. It sucked. Just because it is 'godly' doesn't automatically make it good.

Residents either don't hear, don't care, or take what they can get as far as entertainment. I even concede that some are happy to have the Maxwells around and believe their message and love them. I just don't think for a second that it is the majority.

Hey, great. There really are far too many people left to rot in nursing homes. I am all for giving them attention, love, affection, entertainment and even worship if that's what they want. But, that doesn't change the fact that the Maxwells are taking advantage of them and their situation. Did they ASK the residents what THEY want? Or, do the Maxwells give the residents the Maxwell machine and expect appreciation in return without comment?

Their music is terrible. I feel bad for Anna (lead singer). Her voice is so flat and barely in tune. How awful for her family to put her "out there". Their instramentals aren't *to* bad. The vocals are terrible.

I think with fundies if they think what they do is godly it is good no matter if they are fully uneducated about it and have no experience with it. We see this over and over with poor singing/music poor marital advice from people never married and with no children. dating advice from people who never dated and boy advice from females who have never touched a boy.

all this really shows me is the gullibility of fundamentalism. the stronger you believe in a religion the easier it is to dupe you about those beliefs.

They prey on the elderly, plain and simple. Yes, there are too many who soak up and need the attention, but that is the fault of their families. The Maxwells just take advantage of that. Have church in a room full of wheel chair bound people, some of whom cannot communicate. Well then, no resistance to your message there. No discussion or argument; no one to question what you say or preach. Only a room of people either desperate for 'church' along with others who don't really know what choice they're making, and damn! Maxwells look awesome, don't they? There isn't a soul in their congregation who questions them or defies them or contradicts them...nothing. Just an open, accepting, silent audience that smiles and goes along with it for their own reasons.

And the music? Oh, man, that stuff is horrible. They love to talk about 'self taught' music and instruments and vilify music teachers who take time and attention from the whole family thing. They are incapable of even thinking that people who teach music do so for a reason; self teaching can only get you so far. Some have a gift and are 'naturals' - chances are slim to none that a whole Maxwell family is gifted with natural talent in so many areas of music. I've only ever listened to one small part of their 'music'. It sucked. Just because it is 'godly' doesn't automatically make it good.

Residents either don't hear, don't care, or take what they can get as far as entertainment. I even concede that some are happy to have the Maxwells around and believe their message and love them. I just don't think for a second that it is the majority.

Hey, great. There really are far too many people left to rot in nursing homes. I am all for giving them attention, love, affection, entertainment and even worship if that's what they want. But, that doesn't change the fact that the Maxwells are taking advantage of them and their situation. Did they ASK the residents what THEY want? Or, do the Maxwells give the residents the Maxwell machine and expect appreciation in return without comment?

I agree with you, the Maxwells are taking advantage of the people and later when some of residents don't do certain things the Maxwells bash them. Sarah bashed a resident in a blog once.

Archived