IGNORED

Poor Sarah Maxwell lacks gratefulness -MERGED

0 kids n not countin

Stevo (oops, I mean Jesus) told her she's not being greatful, this is just so sad, wtf Stevo:

Recently, the Lord has showed me how I lack gratefulness. There are countless things Jesus has blessed each of us with.

Psalms 107:8-9: â€Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness,

and for his wonderful works to the children of men!

For he satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness.â€

DSC_2580.jpg

Four things I’m grateful for today:

A Savior Who died on the cross for my sins

Rain

Many things to do

You

Psalms 107:43: “Whoso is wise, and will observe these things,

even they shall understand the lovingkindness of the LORD.â€

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's 30 years old and can only list 4 things she's grateful for? I feel so sorry for her, her life is literally being sucked away by her father- who I imagine like a spider that sucks the juices slowly out of an insect caught in the web.

So basically she was unhappy and Steve told her to suck it up and be grateful for what she has.....urgh it makes me mad! I'm 10 years younger than her and have already done so much more with my life. She could be so much more if it weren't for him.

I wonder how the Lord went about showing her that? Did he say, "Sarah, you ungrateful bitch, make a list of four things for which you are grateful!"? Or did he show her the page in the dictionary for the definition of "ungrateful" and there was a picture of Sarah. Or, perhaps, did she question when she might be allowed to court and was told by the All Powerful One/Jesus/Lord/Steve/Guardian-of-her-Virginity that she should focus on the many wonderful things in her life and be grateful for them rather than wish for things she doesn't have? I wonder...

The poor thing sits there at home, watching things change around her. Sisters-in-law with babies being born and taking care of their growing families; younger sisters and brothers becoming adults; new technologies booming (Kindle, e-books) and yet nothing changes for her. The same drudge work, day after day, working in Daddy's "ministry". Poor Sarah. Her life must feel like hell sometimes.

She's probably depressed she's 30, living at home, and single with nothing to look forward to. I would be to if I was kept in a perpetual childhood like that, especially if I was raised with the idea that marriage and motherhood was my greatest purpose. I truly hope that some nice widower will marry her. At least she'll have a home she can call her own and perhaps distance from the oppressive Maxwell household.

Sarah, you arent being ungrateful. Dreaming of better things is perfectly normal and a sign that maybe you should go do some of these things. If you arent happy, you need to do something about it. If you sit at home waiting for life to change, you will be sat there at age 40 waiting. You need to take control of your own future and go and do the things you wish you could.

Those four things really say a lot about Sarah's life. All she has is her religion, chores to do at home, rain and her blog readers. Thats practically nothing. She doesnt have any hobbies of her own, no friends, never been in a relationship, no job...

Im about 10 years younger than Sarah and have way more to be grateful for because I have a life.

Sarah, tell your dad you are an adult and you want to get a job, move out and start dating. You wont regret it. There is nothing he can do to stop you.

For her sake I hope a nice young CNA at the nursing home starts to chat her up under the guise of her saving his soul since he is attracted to her. When you think about it this is one of the few scenarious where she might escape. I know, I know wishful daydreaming.

Actually, she is 31. Poor thing, raised to be a wife & mother, and still be single. It's got to hurt. And to add more insult, she can't even vent once and a while.

I feel bad reading her posts. It just makes me...sad. I dunno :/ I'm hoping something will change eventually but I'm not holding my breath at all.

I feel bad reading her posts. It just makes me...sad. I dunno :/ I'm hoping something will change eventually but I'm not holding my breath at all.

This. :(

I feel so sorry for her, her life is literally being sucked away by her father- who I imagine like a spider that sucks the juices slowly out of an insect caught in the web.

Perfect image.

Under a spoiler, for the sake of our arachnaphobes:

mmTtluK.jpg

Perfect image.

Under a spoiler, for the sake of our arachnaphobes:

mmTtluK.jpg

Thanks for the warning, I did not click the spoiler. Spiders! :shock:

Poor Sarah. She has to force gratitude when her life is so awful.

Ugh...I hate what he's doing to her. You know being depressed won't be accepted in that family, given Terri's story. She might not even have said something, he will have noticed her being a little glum as yet another birthday passes without a marriage. I think he's decided he's keeping her forever. How will she react if/when her younger sisters get married?

I can't hate on her because of the fact that she's been raised like this.

It's one thing to be single at her age but Steve Christ believes that EVERYTHING is sinful so the poor thing can't even have any hobbies or little things to blow off steam. She can't even escape to her room or something because Privacy is apparently EBIL.

Out of all the fundie families I follow through Free Jinger, Sarah's story is the saddest to me. I get this overwhelming sense of bleakness and lifelessness when I read her writing - it really comes through. I get gloomy just thinking about what her life must be like. It's really heartbreaking to feel that there's nothing any of us out here can do about it. I wish there was just some way to get a message to her that would click for her, that would make sense; but with her lifetime of brainwashing, it wouldn't happen overnight. She needs a crack in the walls...a little light to shine through is all it takes to see that there is a way out, you know? Something to show her that this isn't how life is supposed to be.

Reading this stuff makes me hate Steve with a fervor bordering on abnormal pathology. What the hell does Sarah HAVE to be grateful for?: No friends, no jiob, a megalomaniac father, a mother who's checked out of her responsibilities (probably because Steve the Gweat and Powerful would overrule her if she offered her two cents). And no hope of fulfilling her destiny as a wife and mother. Sarah's only hope at this point is if Steve shuffles off his mortal coil while she still has some of her youth left. And he's beaten her down to the point that even if this happened, she wouldn't know where to begin. And Sarah, your father IS a creepy ass. You owe him NOTHING!

Oh, and if you're reading this, Sarah, remember this: your father has never had your best interests at heart, so don't waste time and emotion worrying about his.

I have a feeling that even if Sarah is eventually allowed to marry, the reality of it will be nothing like what she may have dreamed about. It's unlikely that Steve will give the approval to anyone who doesn't meet his very strict criteria, which means that for Sarah it will just be more of the same—a husband who's just like her father. And given that depression seems to run in the family, I just don't see a very happy future for this poor girl. But happiness seems to be at the end of a very long list of ways to live your life for Jebus.

This post makes me so sad. I keep hoping Sarah will have a Valancy Stirling moment and rebel against Steve:

http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Castle-Lucy-Maud-Montgomery/dp/1843913941/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1360268503&sr=8-2&keywords=the+blue+castle

The Blue Castle is one my favorite books and every time I go to the Maxwell blog I can't help but compare Sarah to the main character.

I can't hate on her because of the fact that she's been raised like this.

It's one thing to be single at her age but Steve Christ believes that EVERYTHING is sinful so the poor thing can't even have any hobbies or little things to blow off steam. She can't even escape to her room or something because Privacy is apparently EBIL.

Stevus Christ?

Her 4 things she's grateful for feel really forced and sad, like she's got nothing else to enjoy about life. I agree with whoever said there was no reference to her family....one of the things I'm grateful for today is my friend, who let me talk and therefore cry about missing my late grandma and gave me a much needed hug.

I really feel for Sarah and struggle to get my head round the fact that she's 31. I can't believe how horrible Steve is. You're meant to love and nuture your children, equip them with the skills they need and then let them fly the nest and live their own lives, whether you agree with the choices they make or not. I wish the Maxwell offspring could break free from his vice-like grasp and discover the world - yeah it's scary and big, but also so, so wonderful! Sadly I can't see this happening :(

Also ceg045 - :lol:

The poor thing sits there at home, watching things change around her. Sisters-in-law with babies being born and taking care of their growing families; younger sisters and brothers becoming adults; new technologies booming (Kindle, e-books) and yet nothing changes for her. The same drudge work, day after day, working in Daddy's "ministry". Poor Sarah. Her life must feel like hell sometimes.

Technically by Maxwell rules she hasn't quite seen YOUNGER sisters or brothers become adults yet. That would require one of them getting married.

However she came pretty darn close this past summer (2012) with Joseph's engagement. If he had actually gotten married and moved out, that would surely have been hard to take, as it would mean she was officially passed up.

Worse than that though will be if one of the reversal GIRLS gets married, as mentioned upthread too. I just can't even imagine.

Still though, have to say hear hear! As has been talked about here many times, it's just horrifying to think of being raised to do pretty much one thing and one thing only, and then having that denied. I was single at 31 too (didn't marry until age 38) but I was FREE and that was my CHOICE, I was an adult, completely different world. (Plus at 31 I wasn't married but I was already best friends with the man whom I eventually married.)

Stevus Christ?

LOL. :lol:

Archived