IGNORED

Fundie Spotting and leaving the mark of FJ in Chicago!

Mela99

Thought this would be a fun update to share. I went to Chicago this weekend, and lo and behold, at the Sky Deck [top glass floor of the Sears tower] was a gaggle of fundie families, complete with denim skirts, crunchy curls, and glassy eyed stares. One mom was reading scripture (from memory) about "the majesty of God's creation" while they looked out the windows. No joke.

On a fun note, Steve and I went to Gino's Pizza and I left several graffiti tags for FREE JINGER. Look around if you're ever there, there are at least three.

*sidenote: Gino's openly encourages writing on the walls/etc, so no vandalism :D

Chi-town was awesome; it was my birthday present from back in August. Tickets to see Jackson Browne [the other man in my life] and a weekend of Ghirardelli, House of Blues, pizza, and Cheesecake Factory

<>

I'm glad you had fun. The fundie-spotting is like frosting on the cake. Crunchy curls, long skirts, and memorized scripture. Duggars redoux. The visual makes me laugh!

So the majesty of God's creation was able to be viewed thanks to the efforts of scientists and engineers who've made it possible to build safe and incredibly tall buildings?

Is this the same god that hates all education outside of sotdrt and dodgy bible institutes with an absolute passion?

So the majesty of God's creation was able to be viewed thanks to the efforts of scientists and engineers who've made it possible to build safe and incredibly tall buildings?

Is this the same god that hates all education outside of sotdrt and dodgy bible institutes with an absolute passion?

Pfft, SOTDRTed children are just as capable of becoming doctors and engineers and architects and scientists as anyone else, they just choose not to because those domains are so full of corrupt evolution-believers. (I wonder if that's actually how fundies answer that question.)

Welcome to my city! Glad to hear you are enjoying and indeed left the mark of FJ on the wall!

Funny you should mention...but I was at Ogilvie Station this morning and saw a guy wearing a swearshirt that had FJ on the front in large font. I have no idea what FJ actually stood for, but I'd like to think he was a Free Jinger supporter lol.

Fundies in the city...I do see them on vacation. If I had seen them I would have recommended they visit the Halsted/Addison area teehehehehe.

Pfft, SOTDRTed children are just as capable of becoming doctors and engineers and architects and scientists as anyone else, they just choose not to because those domains are so full of corrupt evolution-believers. (I wonder if that's actually how fundies answer that question.)

I think first they'd have to acknowledge that the question had actually been asked.

Thought this would be a fun update to share. I went to Chicago this weekend, and lo and behold, at the Sky Deck [top glass floor of the Sears tower] was a gaggle of fundie families, complete with denim skirts, crunchy curls, and glassy eyed stares. One mom was reading scripture (from memory) about "the majesty of God's creation" while they looked out the windows. No joke.

On a fun note, Steve and I went to Gino's Pizza and I left several graffiti tags for FREE JINGER. Look around if you're ever there, there are at least three.

*sidenote: Gino's openly encourages writing on the walls/etc, so no vandalism :D

Chi-town was awesome; it was my birthday present from back in August. Tickets to see Jackson Browne [the other man in my life] and a weekend of Ghirardelli, House of Blues, pizza, and Cheesecake Factory

579085_10100378484341372_1254964218_n.jpg

Oh I am so jealous. I want to go back so bad. (I am a Chicago Gal) I miss Malnati's pizza and italian beef. Oh, I am so jealous. I am going to visit some friends in the spring. I'll go to Gino's (even though I really prefer Malnati's) and look for your graffiti.

If you're crazy-desperate for deep dish, Giordano's does a thing when they half-bake a pizza to you and ship it in dry ice. My sister in law used to do it when she lived in California.

If you're crazy-desperate for deep dish, Giordano's does a thing when they half-bake a pizza to you and ship it in dry ice. My sister in law used to do it when she lived in California.

Ooh, is that expensive?

Welcome to my city! Glad to hear you are enjoying and indeed left the mark of FJ on the wall!

Funny you should mention...but I was at Ogilvie Station this morning and saw a guy wearing a swearshirt that had FJ on the front in large font. I have no idea what FJ actually stood for, but I'd like to think he was a Free Jinger supporter lol.

Fundies in the city...I do see them on vacation. If I had seen them I would have recommended they visit the Halsted/Addison area teehehehehe.

Oh god no. Send them to Hamburger Mary's in Andersonville. That is the bombest gayest restaurant in town. As in, the waitress will openly discuss how her MTF trans surgery is going. And AWESOME food.

Guest Anonymous

Probably some of those scientists and engineers are teh ebil atheists.

Oh god no. Send them to Hamburger Mary's in Andersonville. That is the bombest gayest restaurant in town. As in, the waitress will openly discuss how her MTF trans surgery is going. And AWESOME food.

Yes! They can order the GLBT (what? It's a guacamole BLT!). Then they can go thrifting at Brown Elephant next door. Buy used, save the difference!

ETA: They could also buy used and save the difference at Halsted and Addison! So really, it's win-win either way :banana-rainbow:

Sorry for being off topic, but does anyone else see hotlinks in this thread? Like in the first post, over the word windows. When you hover over it, an add pops up and you have the option to save link as. I haven't clicked, but did the OP mean that to be there? Is it a website issue or should I be scanning my computer for viruses/trojans?

P.S. Gino's East rocks. I'm super jealous of you.

Yes! They can order the GLBT (what? It's a guacamole BLT!). Then they can go thrifting at Brown Elephant next door. Buy used, save the difference!

ETA: They could also buy used and save the difference at Halsted and Addison! So really, it's win-win either way :banana-rainbow:

Both places are wins! Though the Boystown Brown Elephant is far superior to the Andersonville Brown Elephant.

I literally eat cheeseburgers a couple times a year, and I go to Mary's after running halr/full marathons. I don't know when the last time you were there but they now have a micro brewery on premise and make some decent beers.

Sorry for being off topic, but does anyone else see hotlinks in this thread? Like in the first post, over the word windows. When you hover over it, an add pops up and you have the option to save link as. I haven't clicked, but did the OP mean that to be there? Is it a website issue or should I be scanning my computer for viruses/trojans?

P.S. Gino's East rocks. I'm super jealous of you.

It sounds like it's your computer. It's not showing up for me on either the standard skin or the Artodia Black.

It sounds like it's your computer. It's not showing up for me on either the standard skin or the Artodia Black.

I don't see it either. What you're describing is very bizarre.

I don't see it either. What you're describing is very bizarre.

I did some research - it's Malware referred to as "text enhance". I now know what I'm doing today (in addition to fixing the plumbing). Alas, if only I had a strong headship to perform these complicated technical tasks for me. :roll:

I did some research - it's Malware referred to as "text enhance". I now know what I'm doing today (in addition to fixing the plumbing). Alas, if only I had a strong headship to perform these complicated technical tasks for me. :roll:

If you have Windows, Microsoft offers a free virus-check/remover. It's not on-going, so it shouldn't be your only protection, but it's caught things my Norton missed.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scann ... fault.aspx

Archived