IGNORED

How not to homeschool:

Koala

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

They can raise their scientifically illiterate, historically inaccurate, and narrow minded soldiers of christ. That is fine. When it comes down to battle, they'll be praying on their knees while the nerds that went to school bake them alive with a microwave gun.

(Yes, it exists, and you can fry people through walls with it)

So, basically brainwash/mold your kids into robots who only spew the conservative Christian party line for God's Army... Oh, yeah, that'll go great for the people in the world who aren't Christian! You want tolerance, fundies? Practice what you Goddamn preach.

They can raise their scientifically illiterate, historically inaccurate, and narrow minded soldiers of christ. That is fine. When it comes down to battle, they'll be praying on their knees while the nerds that went to school bake them alive with a microwave gun.

:clap: Oh, that is awesome. Your post, I mean, not the microwave gun. That's kind of terrifying.

Her idea of an English lesson is to give her kids (of all ages) a Bible passage and tell them to list the verbs?

Wow.

I know, right? :roll: Don't actually explain what verbs are and circle them and have them explain in their own words why they're verbs, just tell them to list the verbs! Again, this reminds of my History101/102 classes where back then, it was considered "unGodly" by scholastics (people who only use the Bible and works of saints to educate themselves) to study anything but the Bible as giving way to impure thoughts. :lol: And books deemed undeemable by the Chruch were banned/over-priced/schools of thought that were deemed not coinciding with the Bible unfit unable to be taught in universities... Are we really going back to the early medieval European times? That's a scary thought... :shock:

I like that the Bible can sometimes have math lessons. "If there are 10,000 Egyptians and 500 are firstborn sons, how many are left after God kills them all?" I'm also curious about history and geography lessons...

I like that the Bible can sometimes have math lessons. "If there are 10,000 Egyptians and 500 are firstborn sons, how many are left after God kills them all?" I'm also curious about history and geography lessons...

Can you just imagine the subject of which country Noah's Ark landed in? Or that Judaism was originally * le gasp * polytheistic? :o

I don't know... I'm kind of glad to see these fundie children being raised to do nothing more than function as labourers and domestics. While it's sad the children are without the education needed to break free of their crazy lives, had they education and ambition they could do a significant amount of damage to their local communities, to the US and ultimately to those of us abroad.

Better to see toilet scrubbers for Christ than well-educated political operatives bound to do His bidding here on earth.

I've got a riddle for the older "children"- If Abraham had one wife*, a few concubines, and Jacob had two wives and at least 2 concubines, and Solomon had dozens of wives and hundreds of concubines, and finally Jesus talks about the 7 wise brides and 7 foolish brides..............How many wives is a Christian man allowed in the 21st century?

Higher level math for fundies. Honorary doctorate rewarded for most kreativ answer.

*I believe Abraham took another wife after Sarah died, but I didn't want to make this a "trick" question.

I'm betting Joanne will show up to defend herself before Friday.

Dammit, experiencedd, you lit the grill again? :lol: Whatcha cooking this time?

Her idea of an English lesson is to give her kids (of all ages) a Bible passage and tell them to list the verbs?

Wow.

It's pretty limited...smite, die,sin,reap,sow, covet, marry, lay, bear, pray, begat.. I may have left a few out ;)

The bible is a big help when a kid needs to learn measurements. i hear there is a big movement to bring the cubit back.

Those kids will be super prepared for life knowing how many bushels in a cubit!

blog.inkleinations.com/p/about-copying-bible.html

The Klein family use the Bible for homeschooling.

I'm not sure how much science or history you can learn from the bible. I guess it doesn't matter since it's not about academics, it's all about having the same education as a peasant boy in the 18th century.

I'm not sure how much science or history you can learn from the bible. I guess it doesn't matter since it's not about academics, it's all about having the same education as a peasant boy in the 18th century.

I'm pretty ignorant on the Bible, but a peasant boy in the 18th century would have probably known how to milk a cow, shear a sheep, shoe a horse, hoe a field, look after his siblings, perhaps he would have learned a trade like smithing. If he was a farmer's son he would have known about husbandry, the seasons, crop rotations, how to make cheese and butter, probably would have seen his Mother spin, weave and knit wool, preserve food and give birth. He probably didn't know how to read and write which is the only thing these kids will know that he didn't. :(

The bible is a big help when a kid needs to learn measurements. i hear there is a big movement to bring the cubit back.

Even God may not remember what a cubit is:

bputeFGXEjA

I used to post at a Pentecostal site and I'd ask them if they thought their homeschooling classes were going to be enough to help their child get a good job as an adult (or *gasp* go to college). They didn't seem to care how their children fared as adults. All they cared about was the obedience they were going to get out of their children because there were no outside voices in their kid's lives. My son went to school in Detroit and instead of keeping him home cuz the school's were tough, I went to the schools and tried to make them a better place by volunteering. Yet, the Christians I posted with at this site could care less about the other children in the public schools, they only cared about their children (they actually said that). So, much for "love thy neighbor".

Archived