IGNORED

Deanna "Duggar" on FB

Buzzard

So this famewhore artist posted this today:

HELLO FACEBOOK FANS! AND FRIENDS I AM GETTING REQUESTS TO COME

AND SING AT CHURCHES WITH AMY DUGGAR! IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN HAVING US COME TO YOUR CHURCH OR EVENT CONTACT ME ON MY FACEBOOK MESS. GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/deanna.duggar?sk=wall

Lets break this down:

First off, she's referring to the people on FB as "fans" first. Um... not a fan, but thanks for trying. If you are getting requests for you and your daughter to come and sing in churches then you do not need to post about it soliciting more requests for you and Amy to come sing.

Please do not use caps, they are annoying.

Smooches!

I just find it funny how they use their famous family members to seek attention from others. Reminds me of what Amy said to on her facebook when someone mentioned her famous family members. She said something along the lines of how she's just a normal. Riiight, a normal girl who thinks the world revolves around her and seeks attention any chance she gets.

I see her mother is another one with a public profile and thousands of "friends". Famewhoring runs in the family for sure. I would respect them both if they actually DID something outside of the show, but a glorified babysitter and the occassional gig at the county fair or a church does not a career make.

It was Anna's sister who called out Amy for being a famewhore, although she said it in much nicer terms. She also added that her next BF would be along soon enough. Amy couldn't stand the heat, so she deleted the thread.

Maybe this post from Deanna (who never friended me when I put in a request) is writing on the wall that the Duggar gravy train is coming to an end and they're striking while they still have some pathetic name recognition.

As for Amy, she's a CINO if I ever met one; as they say, it takes one to know one and I faked it even better than she in my teen years (until, unlike Amy, I bailed as soon as I could). I guess we can add "mooch" to that as well. She dresses pretty well for a part-time babysitter, even one who lives at home, apparently rent-free.

Youd think there would be some youtube videos on the page more often (or ever) promoting their songs... assuming they're halfway decent. Atleast this explains where the duggar music genes came from!

Exactly. She knows what being "Christian" will do for her so she milks it. I had something else to add but I can no longer remember it, stupid weather.

What is CINO?

Wasn't it Amy who sang Amazing Grace at the end of the episode for Grandpa Duggar's funeral? If so, not impressed. And they're getting requests to sing? Must be slim pickins in Arkansas!

Amy changes her FB photo at least 10 times a week. I know one other person who does this, and she does it so that people compliment her. I guess the fame-whoring apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I've never seen a 40-something woman use so many exclamation points in my life:

Deanna Duggar posted to Amy Rachelle Duggar

Hello Beautiful!!!!! Any guy who wins your heart is a lucky man!!!!!!!!!

----

I was just reading Deanna's "bio" on her website. They mention that she was in a car accident that was covered on various news stations, as if it was a performing credit. I haven't been able to find any story, but maybe it's under her married name, Deanna Jordan? http://www.twoheartsnhim.com/Two%20Hear ... %20Us.html

"Deanna hit a bump in the road in a tragic auto accident that could have been the end - CBN, TBN and FOX Networks all picked up the remarkable story of God’s grace"

and on this site: http://deannaduggar.tripod.com/id2.html says

"Deanna is an Arkansas native, born and raised in Springdale, AR. She has been singing and performing most of her life in churches, social events, and other venues. Deanna traveled for two years with "Life Line" now the "Galloways" Deanna' auto accident story was filmed by CBN and aired on "CBN", The 700 Club ,"TBN" and "The Fox Network"

Sorry for the double post but I found this odd. Amy's father posted this on her wall awhile back:

Terry Wayne Jordan posted to Amy Rachelle Duggar

Hyper! you haven't seen nothing yet ! Thank you for being a friend. I am ready to get insane. I can't wait until you receive you workout cd's. I love you, tj

I thought that maybe he wasn't her bio dad but another post says this:

Terry Wayne Jordan

Hello to all my friends on facebook! I'm doing great I've been painting alot and working a lot! and yes Amy Duggar is my beautiful daughter!!!!

What is CINO?

Wasn't it Amy who sang Amazing Grace at the end of the episode for Grandpa Duggar's funeral? If so, not impressed. And they're getting requests to sing? Must be slim pickins in Arkansas!

Considering that RINO and DINO are a Republican and Democrat in name only, I would think CINO is a Christian in name only.

I wondered why Amy even appeared on the show to start with. She is related to the Duggars but the show is about them and not about her. I'm sure Anna and her sister are both tiring of Amy's fame seeking :naughty:

In another thread we already had the discussion that the whole Duggar family seems to be addicted to fame.. beginning with Grandma Mary. Would have been hard for Amy to resist the chance of beeing in national TV.

Well, as snarkykitty pointed out, he's drawing attention to their association. He's her dad, right, her stepfather/adoptive father? I don't know what her real last name is, it's her dad's not her bio father's or her mother's. Anyway, saying "Yeah I'm totally related to this chick" is pretty attention whore-y - if they're your friends they know who your daughter is.

Well, as snarkykitty pointed out, he's drawing attention to their association. He's her dad, right, her stepfather/adoptive father? I don't know what her real last name is, it's her dad's not her bio father's or her mother's. Anyway, saying "Yeah I'm totally related to this chick" is pretty attention whore-y - if they're your friends they know who your daughter is.

Terry is Amy's biological dad. I think he and Deanna didn't marry until Amy was 14 or 15. I have heard/read different stories about Amy's last name. One story that has been going around is that since Terry and Deanna weren't married when she was born that Deanna simply had Amy run by Duggar. That could make sense. I knew a family that had two daughters. The parents weren't married when the older daughter was born and the father didn't care if she used his last name so she used the mother's last name. The couple eventually married and had another daughter who then used the dad's name by default. The older daughter never bothered to change her name to the dad's name.

The other story regarding Amy is that she only uses Duggar at times to get attention and help her music career.

Ohhh, right. Didn't realise he was actually her bio-dad. In that case I sure hope all his friends would already know who she was :)

(as compared to the scenario I thought was possible - that he was her bio dad who had had very little to do with her.)

I know some families who had children before marriage and the kids took the mother's name and I know some couples who are married and their wives kept their maiden name.

HOWEVER, I'm convinced that Amy and Deanna are keeping the "Duggar" last name not as a stage name but because of their famous family members. If someone says "Amy Jordan", no one will know but when they hear "Amy Duggar", people will say "Oh yeah, you're related to JB and Michelle".

Attention seekers.

I'm not sure if any of you are familiar with the Meyers-Briggs or Kiersey temperament personality types, but Amy and, I believe, Deanna are both what is called the Artisan or SP personalities. Additionally, they are both extroverts, which means they are the classic loud-mouthed, attention and thrill seeking types. They tend to take up all the space in a room, and are generally not happy unless they are the center of attention. For the more reserved types (like myself), it can be embarrassing to be around Artisans at times, though at other times they can be a lot of fun. There are 4 main Meyers-Briggs personality types, and each one has its weak and strong points. I like to learn and understand WHY people behave the way they do, and personality typing has been immensely helpful with that. On every Duggar episode featuring Amy, she has never once failed to prove to my mind what an Artisan she is. I can only take so much of that type, and watching her just exhausts me, haha.

As far as her singing goes, it's not bad, but is nothing special either. She seems to enjoy it, so whatever. But yes, everything in her life will be used to bring attention to herself - it's built into the way she operates, and when not taken under control it results in, well, Amy.

I have been reading on these boards on and off for a few years now, and am FINALLY getting around to throwing in my 2 cents worth. Carry on!

Archived