IGNORED

Older female and male siblings can't be alone together?

Guest LilaFowler

Guest LilaFowler

I thought I read that the Duggars would not allow say...Joseph and Jinger to stay at home alone together. Or say Jill and John David. That something might happen. Has anyone else heard this? It's pretty sickening.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've never heard that.

Me, neither, but I don't pay attention to the Duggars.

I did see a young fundie man proclaim that even sisters could be guilty of defrauding brothers if they were not modest enough. I thought that was pretty gross.

Well, after all, brothers make such good practice husbands!

http ://god-sdaughter .blogspot. com/2011/01/brother-relationships.html

I don't think I've heard about this. In the episode were Boob and Mullett went to El Salvador John David was in the house with the other kids. But maybe the Duggars wouldn't allow the older boys and girls to be alone in the house.

One of my ex-roommate's "friend" comes from a very conservative Christian family of 13. She told me that one time her friend's mom had to take a few of her siblings to go the doctor's office for their check ups but ended up canceling a few of their appointments when she realized her son and daughter were going to be alone in the house. My ex-roommate asked her why her mom canceled some appointments and her response to that was "just to make sure nothing happens". Lets just say that after that conversation and a few more other convos afterwards, my ex-roommate no longer talks to that girl and her family.

I don't think the Duggars are that psychotic with the whole not leaving a son and daughter alone in the house.

Considering they don't seem to be out of the house much...

oh god. I'm going to be sick. This is just disgusting that parents would worry that much.

In The Modesty Survey, there was a question asking young men if they were ever defrauded by their sisters or mother. The answers were very troubling but shortly after the old free jinger discussed it, that question disappeared from the Harris Brothers site.

Considering they don't seem to be out of the house much...

oh god. I'm going to be sick. This is just disgusting that parents would worry that much.

I agree. And ew. Just ew.

In The Mdesty Survey, there was a question asking young men if they were ever defrauded by their sisters or mother. The answers were very troubling but shortly after the old free jinger discussed it, that question disappeared from the Harris Brothers site.

Bingo. That's where I read that. IIRC, I think even mothers were considered a defrauding danger on occasion. Yuck.

I think you could definitely defraud your son's friends (Hums "Stacy's mom has got it goin' on") but kids? ew? I breastfeed in front of my teenager so I hope this is a fundie phenom.

Oh, the friends, for sure. I've heard who the MILFs are at my sons' high school. :D But not the sons themselves. . .

Jana and JD did go on the SE Asia mission trip together. I'm not sure that they were ever literally alone together, but they may have been.

Sounds to me like someone was a little too obsessed with "Flowers in the Attic" back in the day.

:lol: That's exactly what I thought!

Somehow it seems like the fundies spend way more time obsessing about sex than everybody else.

Jana and JD did go on the SE Asia mission trip together. I'm not sure that they were ever literally alone together, but they may have been.

Wasn't that a Gothard thing? I doubt that there was any time alone together.

But just EWWWW, I have a brother 20 months younger than me, ewwwwww!

This is probably a dumb question, but why only differing-genders?

I mean, the assumption is being gay is a 'choice'. They're at least nominally aware they could have a child who chooses to be gay...wouldn't there be a risk that 2 sons/daughters could busily 'defraud' e/o too?

I mean, the assumption is being gay is a 'choice'. They're at least nominally aware they could have a child who chooses to be gay...wouldn't there be a risk that 2 sons/daughters could busily 'defraud' e/o too?

That's not a dumb question at all, that's actually a very good point. I wonder just how these fundies would respond to that?

Isn't that one of their reasons for putting all of the kids of the same sex in a single bedroom?

I wonder if they will even leave a father alone with a teen daughter (of course a mother could be with her son because in their view, women have no sexual desire and therefore wouldn't pose a threat). But honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if some of these siblings did get tingling feelings for each other. When they are that isolated and don't even have masturbation as an outlet, they might turn to whatever's available. Of course even in those cases it would rarely lead to full-on physical contact, but they would probably think that even the most minor thought is a sin.

I think they don't consider the gay option because they believe that you have to be recruited into that "lifestyle", sort of the way vampires work. As long as they shelter their kids enough, they think the kids will never even consider the option of being gay.

Good point, If you're a choicer (in terms of believing homosexuality is a choice) and think your kids are so lacking in self control that they'd have incestuous sex as soon as mom left them at home alone, then you'd have to be just as worried about your daughters or sons experimenting on each other.

Of course many fundies believe that homosexuality is a choice but then it's the sort of thing that can be avoided if they were brought up in the fundie lifestyle and weren't recruited by evil gays.

Of course many fundies believe that homosexuality is a choice but then it's the sort of thing that can be avoided if they were brought up in the fundie lifestyle and weren't recruited by evil gays.

Yeah, that's what I was going to say. No godly Christian would ever choose to be gay! Only eeeevil sinners who went to government schools and have friends outside the family choose to be gay. Duh.

Archived