IGNORED

Do people really believe... _ Duggar Schedule

homeschoolmomma1

most of the real fans probably really think that Michelle is something like the best mother on earth. I don't think they realize that its the girls who do most of the work.

most of the real fans probably really think that Michelle is something like the best mother on earth. I don't think they realize that its the girls who do most of the work.

Yep there are plently of fans who believe Michelle is a supermom but she isn't. The real fans also ignored how Michelle had Mary,Amy and Priscilla help her out with the 7 younger kids when Boob and the others went on a missionary trip.

Didn't Michelle say in an episode that they don't all get up until 10 a.m.? So I guess somehow they manage to eat breakfast and start school before they are even awake.

That schedule in People is funny. I'd like to know what the end of the days discussion entails (where they claim to talk about what is going on in their lives) since, if their lives are actually being lived on that schedule, there is nothing going on in their lives to talk about.

Any of the J kids: "Oh, dad, when I was taking care of my quick clean chores, I had an independent thought."

Dad: "Well lets just read the bible and squash that, shall we."

Didn't Michelle say in an episode that they don't all get up until 10 a.m.? So I guess somehow they manage to eat breakfast and start school before they are even awake.

Haha- which episode?

I pretty much think that the Duggar show is a fictional. I'd bet that it is a very different thing when the cameras aren't rolling.

I pretty much think that the Duggar show is a fictional. I'd bet that it is a very different thing when the cameras aren't rolling.

I agree with you. I think when cameras aren't around, Michelle probably isn't anywhere near the homeschooling tables.

That schedule in People is funny. I'd like to know what the end of the days discussion entails (where they claim to talk about what is going on in their lives) since, if their lives are actually being lived on that schedule, there is nothing going on in their lives to talk about.

I'm not buying that schedule either. I think at 9 pm they have Bible time with Daddy and some of the younger kids fall asleep. This may be what the end of the day discussion is about.

Yep there are plently of fans who believe Michelle is a supermom but she isn't. The real fans also ignored how Michelle had Mary,Amy and Priscilla help her out with the 7 younger kids when Boob and the others went on a missionary trip.

Why why WHY are mothers-of-the-year always ALWAYS moms with more kids than they can personally take care of? How about awarding that title to a mother with one or two kids who desperately wants more, but who refrains because she and her husband understand that with the current economy and their own financial situation in relation to the economy, that having more children would be detrimental to the well-being and security of the child or two already in the home? I think it's more admirable to use some willpower and even self-deprivation when it's for the benefit of the children already born than to indulge in more babies. But I guess that's the idea of tending the flock, and tending the flock can't make a good mom.

Why why WHY are mothers-of-the-year always ALWAYS moms with more kids than they can personally take care of? How about awarding that title to a mother with one or two kids who desperately wants more, but who refrains because she and her husband understand that with the current economy and their own financial situation in relation to the economy, that having more children would be detrimental to the well-being and security of the child or two already in the home? I think it's more admirable to use some willpower and even self-deprivation when it's for the benefit of the children already born than to indulge in more babies. But I guess that's the idea of tending the flock, and tending the flock can't make a good mom.

I agree I would also rather award the title of mom of the year to women in the situations you described. A friend of mine and her husband last year made the decision to not have more children for reasons of the economy and their finances and for them it was a painful decision to make for different reasons. They have 2 sons for a long time they were planning to have four kids. My friend and her husband grew up in homes in which they each had 3 siblings. The idea of 2 kids for awhile sounded too small to them. In the last couple of years, things have been hard for them. The husband lost his job and had trouble finding another one and my friend decided to go back to college to get a bachelor's degree to get better a job. My friend also works part time. After doing a lot of financial planning and evaluating other things they decided not to have more kids and I think it sill pains them a bit.

I also don't like how most of the time the "mother-of-the-years" are woman with a lot of kids. Michelle's recent mother of the year award was given to her by Vision Forum and she got one award back in 2007 from a non-denominational Christian organization. I think the state of Arkansas or Arkansas based organization gave her a MOA award too. I think there are some parenting organizations that wouldn't give Michelle awards. I hate to sound mean, but I think a lot of people particularly the Duggar fans ignore a lot of things about Michelle because they simply like her because she is a Christian and because on TV she comes off as a sweet simpleton. They really don't look at the big picture. They ignore how much work the older girls do and they ignore how some people related to the family or friends of the family are always going over and helping Michelle out.

Michelle in a lot of ways is sheltered and has lucked out many times. Boob's businesses have always done well and I remember hearing a rumor on another site that years ago people used to give them clothing donations for the kids. I think if Boob had flopped with his busineses and the family had struggled in the past. Michelle would have seen how it hard it can be for even small families to survive financially.

Archived