IGNORED

"Like the Duggars"

homeschoolmomma1

OKay, I think it is because our family has watched the Duggars and in fact I used to take notes in the early special (shame :( ) anyway, Do you ever do something and then think of the Duggars?

For instance, We were packing tgo move- thought of the Duggars

Went on Vaction- Thought of the Duggar Bus

Walking to Wal-mart or Aldi- Thinking of Duggars shopping

and today we are going to a museum (Granted it is for a Harry Potter exhibit) but here I am thinking about the darn creation museum.

Have you all ever done this?

Yes! Sometimes while shopping and I am in the skirt section, I will hold out a skirt and think, "Would that be modest enough for a Duggar?" There are not many fundies where I live, or they hide away/blend in, but, when I am in Florida and I see a woman in a long dress or a man dressed somehow "off" or geeky, I wonder if they are fundies and know the Duggars or the Kellers (since I am in Florida). At work we have potluck sign ups and there is a section for casseroles - I have considered making TatorTotCasserole.

today we are going to a museum (Granted it is for a Harry Potter exhibit) but here I am thinking about the darn creation museum.

I'm sorry, but whereabouts is this amazing museum with a HP exhibit?

Also, yes I've done that. Especially the "would this be modest enough for a Duggar?" thing.

When I used to camping, I used to run into fundies (and I avoided them like the plague). I noticed that was a common fundie vacation (camping). It was funny cuz I would usually end up with a wild party group on one side of my camper and a fundie family on the other. Since I'm neither a fundie or a partyer, I never quite fit into the whole camping scene.

I saw a 20-something hipster couple walking down the street yesterday. It was a cool day and the guy was wearing suitably skinny jeans, leather jacket and a LAVENDER scarf. The girl was wearing an East-Indian inspired top and a LONG DENIM SKIRT.

Needless to say, after they passed, I laughed my ass off for a good minute. That girl was Jinger freed, in grad school at Berkeley. This is not unrealistic where I live; I'm a grad student there myself, so I know what of I speak. :twisted:

I'm sorry, but whereabouts is this amazing museum with a HP exhibit?

Also, yes I've done that. Especially the "would this be modest enough for a Duggar?" thing.

New York

http://www.harrypotterexhibition.com/ There are more locations coming soon. We saw it in Chicago with the cousins hmmm a year or 2 ago. Kids wanted to go again... so did I ;)

I have sort-of invented my own version of a tater tot casserole... Mine involves a layer of tater tots covered with a jar of queso dip. pour the last of the leftover homemade chili on top.

cover and bake 45 minutes at 350.

the husband and son DESTROYED it! :drool:

heart attack in casserole form.

Ahh I can't wait for that Harry Potter exhibition- my friends and I are road tripping to Sydney to see it next year :D

But yes, I do occasionally think about things I do in relation to the Duggars. I wonder if the Duggar girls would read this book, if they get as extremely annoyed at their brothers as I do at mine, if these clothes are modest enough for the Duggars...A resounding "NO" would probably answer all these queries...

I shamefully admit I do wonder if (insert subject here) is Duggar approved quite often. I can't look at a clothing magazine for either myself or children and not wonder if a dress or shirt is modest enough for them. Or if swimming lessons would ever happen as public pools have arms, legs and sometimes tummies exposed. And so forth. That is why I am here as it is nice to know I am not alone.

Yes. I too am guilty of shopping with the Duggars on my mind. I think that even if I were in a long black skirt and the world's most modest polo shirt I would still not fit in around a Duggar. Even if I did not say a word I think there is something about me that would radiate "non-Duggar material". Now I have Duggar hangover. :oops: Maybe I will go and prepare a tater tot casserole.

I have a confession to make. I caught myself using the phrase "phase in life" the other day. Yeah. Is there some kind of FJ absolution?

I have a confession to make. I caught myself using the phrase "phase in life" the other day. Yeah. Is there some kind of FJ absolution?

[Michelle baby voice]That's "SEASON" of life.[/Michelle baby voice]

I also wonder if any hair stylists do perms anymore, save on little old ladies who can't really style their own hair any longer? I know that there are a couple styllists in my MIL's senior community, but at $10 a haircut (IIRC, no idea what they charge for a perm) they can't be making that much money, especially since seniors, even the rich ones who live in this place, make JimBoob look like Simon Templar.

A couple of my friends at University have perms. I met them perms in so I assumed their hair was naturally curly until they told me otherwise. One had wavy curls, looser than the JSlaves another has really tight curls that are smaller and tighter than the Duggar girls so they must still do them.

Yes, unfortunately around here perms are alive and well. So are mullets :(

OH CRAP! :doh: How could I have forgotten this? My son is pretty much forced to watch the Duggars with me cause his PS3 is on that tv.... Anyway, he and I have taken up use of the Duggar side hug!

We also tease his GF that she is defrauding everyone with her shorts and tanktops, "NIKE!!!!!"

I imagine that if I ever came across a Duggar or other fundie family that I would be deemed as defrauding. I don't show much cleavage or dress scantily clad but I do wear pants and have shorter hair. Those two things themselves would render me to horrible to stand within a mile of one of the Duggar boys (or girls). I would be a NIKE moment no matter what. I think fundies can detect fear or "outsiders" like wolves detect meat. :oops:

I refuse to cut my hair, and I like skirts, and I have several young kids despite being in the same "season" as Michelle, and wouldn't say no to another. After watching the show, a friend teasingly said I was just "like" Michelle. I cracked open a beer, guzzled it two gulps, burped loudly, and that was the end of that.

The Duggars would never, ever want me around their boys. I dress pretty conservatively for a 19 year old, but we're talking a normal 19 year old ;)

Really, I don't do anything crazy, but I do work outside the home, swear profusely, and drink alcohol. They would absolutely loathe my taste in music too :D

I have a secret desire to be on Wife Swap and trade places with a fundie. I have daydreams about it! Does that count?

I had perms a few times when I was younger. However, they looked very natural once the curls relaxed a bit, probably because my mom insisted I have it done at a higher-priced salon so it was done properly and my hair wasn't damaged (well, anymore than it was going to be). I actually surprised a few people when I told them my hair wasn't naturally THAT curly.

My family likes to get things used (presuming that they're in good shape) and I also dress fairly modestly for someone in her early twenties. Still, my style is probably "NIKE" material for the Duggars.

Guest Anonymous
The Duggars would never, ever want me around their boys. I dress pretty conservatively for a 19 year old, but we're talking a normal 19 year old ;)

Really, I don't do anything crazy, but I do work outside the home, swear profusely, and drink alcohol. They would absolutely loathe my taste in music too :D

It's not your taste they would loathe, but the fact that you listen to music at all.

It's not your taste they would loathe, but the fact that you listen to music at all.

Listening to music would shock them and make them gasp. The fact that my music tastes range from Avenged Sevenfold's "A Little Piece of Heaven" to a techno song called "Ass Up"* would mean death by heart attack, and also the shitting of pants.

*The song's lyrics are basically "Put your ass in the air, put your ass up in the air/Put your ass in the air, move around like you don't care." It's a very fun song to dance to, STOP JUDGING ME. :naughty:

My son works for a center for developmentally disabled adults and he calls the bus he takes them around in The Duggar Bus.

Archived