IGNORED

niednagel photos of the Titanic 100

Pclee

Why are the "famous" people not in period clothes? And who is the girl who is?

I wonder if anyone could give us a very brief run-down on the Niednagels? I know we don't discuss them here much, but I've seen the Dominion Wackiness Troll bring them up often over at Data Lounge. It's hard to tell how fundie they are from their website - it all seems very stylized, for lack of a better word.

I wonder if anyone could give us a very brief run-down on the Niednagels? I know we don't discuss them here much, but I've seen the Dominion Wackiness Troll bring them up often over at Data Lounge. It's hard to tell how fundie they are from their website - it all seems very stylized, for lack of a better word.

I'll give it a go.

Father Niednagel is making million$ as "the brain doctor," providing professional sports teams with insights into which athletes are most likely to be profitable contracts. His two sons apparently work for him; each son has two child and Jordan and Melissa have a 3rd on the way. These three families appear to be based on quite a bit of acreage with very nice homes in southwest Missouri.

Jumping ahead, the young woman in period clothing wiht the Botkin 3 is Melissa Niednagel.

Melissa's family are 'themthomases', a family surnamed Thomas who have given all their children names beginning with "m." She has several siblings including two younger brothers with names I can never remember how to spell properly; Jordan (her husband) has lots of photos of them (they sometimes wear t-shirts emblazed with THING 1 and THING 2 on them) on his blog and FB. It is about those two cute boys that DomWackTroll has been known to snark occasionally, bless that 100%-troll heart! The Thomases recently relocated from their rambling home on ground in Massachusetts to somewhere in Oklahoma where Father Thomas is now employed. The boys and - IIRC - Melissa's twin sister still are under the parents' umbrella o'protection.

Jordan also has some dear male friends to whom he is very loyal, at one point traveling to California to visit and bringing along the heavily pregnant Melissa - another trip snarked upon masterfully by the DWT.

My personal opinion of Jordan, over and above his reasonably good sense of humor and considerable talent at satire and videography, is that he is a snide, small-minded, preening narcissist. Why? Because his so-called "God honoring" wedding was basically a costumetravaganza Medieval Faire in which the things that were honored were: he, his bride and their virginities and the clothing and theatricality of having her dad perform the ceremony ... but he (Jordan) on FB later verbally slashed a couple for having had a no-frills ceremony - I won't identify them but they're e-friends whose essays have impressed me. At the time of their wedding, both were (IIRC) professing Christians and one of them had courageously left a downright abusive parental umbrella. Both were well past age 21, much less 18, and neither - at that time - had publically shown the abusive parents any disrespect other than to quietly quit the mess. At least, that's how I remember it. In any case, for Jordan, the couple were beneath contempt, and Jordan is now beneath the same for me. JMHO. ;)

To the photos that led off this topic - gad. Could it *be* any plainer?

I'll give it a go.

Father Niednagel is making million$ as "the brain doctor," providing professional sports teams with insights into which athletes are most likely to be profitable contracts. His two sons apparently work for him; each son has two child and Jordan and Melissa have a 3rd on the way. These three families appear to be based on quite a bit of acreage with very nice homes in southwest Missouri.

Jumping ahead, the young woman in period clothing wiht the Botkin 3 is Melissa Niednagel.

Melissa's family are 'themthomases', a family surnamed Thomas who have given all their children names beginning with "m." She has several siblings including two younger brothers with names I can never remember how to spell properly; Jordan (her husband) has lots of photos of them (they sometimes wear t-shirts emblazed with THING 1 and THING 2 on them) on his blog and FB. It is about those two cute boys that DomWackTroll has been known to snark occasionally, bless that 100%-troll heart! The Thomases recently relocated from their rambling home on ground in Massachusetts to somewhere in Oklahoma where Father Thomas is now employed. The boys and - IIRC - Melissa's twin sister still are under the parents' umbrella o'protection.

Jordan also has some dear male friends to whom he is very loyal, at one point traveling to California to visit and bringing along the heavily pregnant Melissa - another trip snarked upon masterfully by the DWT.

My personal opinion of Jordan, over and above his reasonably good sense of humor and considerable talent at satire and videography, is that he is a snide, small-minded, preening narcissist. Why? Because his so-called "God honoring" wedding was basically a costumetravaganza Medieval Faire in which the things that were honored were: he, his bride and their virginities and the clothing and theatricality of having her dad perform the ceremony ... but he (Jordan) on FB later verbally slashed a couple for having had a no-frills ceremony - I won't identify them but they're e-friends whose essays have impressed me. At the time of their wedding, both were (IIRC) professing Christians and one of them had courageously left a downright abusive parental umbrella. Both were well past age 21, much less 18, and neither - at that time - had publically shown the abusive parents any disrespect other than to quietly quit the mess. At least, that's how I remember it. In any case, for Jordan, the couple were beneath contempt, and Jordan is now beneath the same for me. JMHO. ;)

To the photos that led off this topic - gad. Could it *be* any plainer?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Outstanding job, Mama JB.

Just watch some of Jordan's videos (linked from their blog or FB page) and you'll see why eyebrows are raised & snickers heard over at DataLounge.

The Thomas family is a conundrum. Pa works for Raytheon, IIRC, which is why they moved to OK - Pa was transferred to another position or company office. Pa & Ma Thomas seem to have a loving and (dare I say) egalitarian marriage but they certainly lap up the VF Kool-Aid & participate whole-heartedly in the wackadoodle stuff - especially when costumes are involved. Melissa is the first to marry of the children but her twin, Melanie, aced Dougie's Jamestown 500 treasure hunt contest back in 2007 ( - beating out a bunch of teh menz! :shock: (visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/2007/06/2805/)

Outstanding job, Mama JB.

Just watch some of Jordan's videos (linked from their blog or FB page) and you'll see why eyebrows are raised & snickers heard over at DataLounge.

The Thomas family is a conundrum. Pa works for Raytheon, IIRC, which is why they moved to OK - Pa was transferred to another position or company office. Pa & Ma Thomas seem to have a loving and (dare I say) egalitarian marriage but they certainly lap up the VF Kool-Aid & participate whole-heartedly in the wackadoodle stuff - especially when costumes are involved. Melissa is the first to marry of the children but her twin, Melanie, aced Dougie's Jamestown 500 treasure hunt contest back in 2007 ( - beating out a bunch of teh menz! :shock: (visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/2007/06/2805/)

Egalitarian? Intriguing!! Evidence? :) :) :)

ETA: I'm not doubting you -- I'd *love* to see examples of egal'm in this bunch!!!

And here we are on a lovely Sunday Spring afternoon enjoying my newly completed creek and pond. Our property value has increased at least at few hundred grand with this newest installation. I'm thinking of hosting a conference on home economics next year. Entry fee will be $499. Children under 6 months come free.

A new man made creek and pond really increased the property value that much? Somehow I don't think so.

And children over 6 months learn so much about home economics that they have to be charged. :snooty: :whistle:

Egalitarian? Intriguing!! Evidence? :) :) :)

ETA: I'm not doubting you -- I'd *love* to see examples of egal'm in this bunch!!!

No evidence per se -- just the way they portray themselves (or are portrayed) & their family life. They may steeped in VF nonsense, but they don't spout it on all their blog posts.

One interesting thing to me is Ma Thomas is lovely & her clothing actually enhances her looks - I've never seen a frumper or ugly denim skirt on her, or on Melanie or Melissa for that matter.

Remember VF IS NOT ATI their are families that look and usually act like any other American family.It's only when you talk about religion,politics or gender you find out the domininist patriarchal views they espouse.That's how they appeal and draw people in.

A new man made creek and pond really increased the property value that much? Somehow I don't think so.

And children over 6 months learn so much about home economics that they have to be charged. :snooty: :whistle:

LOL!

See, I'm probably misreading it, but that part of his blog is where I see him being ironic & over-the-top & maybe even getting in a dig at Dougie P. ;)

There's no way a water feature adds $100 thou to a place, and while Jordan and Meliss (stop it!) wowed 'em at Titanicpalooza, they've been consistent losers at the San Antonio Christian [sic] FilmFest, in large part (JMHO) because Jordan's films tend to mock Doug. Gently mock, to be sure, but mock nonetheless. Thus, the more the bloom doesn't appear on the rose, the more likely Jordan is to comment wryly on conferences that charge in the hundreds of dollars for even infants in attendance, claiming overarching benefits to all who koff up the kash.

Remember VF IS NOT ATI their are families that look and usually act like any other American family.It's only when you talk about religion,politics or gender you find out the domininist patriarchal views they espouse.That's how they appeal and draw people in.

This reminded me of something I read online a while ago, about the Botkins:

One of Geoff Botkin’s former associates in the Great Commission continues to stress with me the charisma of Geoff Botkin, and I want to communicate that concern to those who might be at risk for influence by this religious totalitarianism:

rethinkingvisionforum.wordpress.com/2011/09/11/vision-forum-christian-reconstruction-dominion-new-zealand-warning-letter/

People who think Christian Fundamentalism is all frumpers and Maxwells and think you can't can't be fundie if you wear pants or cut your hair are sadly mistaken.

Blondie Botkinette looks a tad on the slutty side. Sorry to use that word, but she needs to do something with that hair.

Blondie Botkinette looks a tad on the slutty side. Sorry to use that word, but she needs to do something with that hair.

What's wrong with her hair? It's just long and a little mussed.

Guest Anonymous

I don't understand this comment. I think it's crappy to call anyone a slut or say that someone "looks slutty."

Archived