IGNORED

Wife & Mom blog

Sweetpea1

growthasawifeandmomdotblogspot.com/

Have we snarked on this one?

I am not using her method to cure a UTI next time one strikes. Ugggggh.

Okay WTF is up with all these fundie moms counting miscarriages and even naming them now? A miscarriage is a very traumatic thing, and you can mourn the loss and even think "what might have been", but damn. I've had 2 miscarraiges and every once in awhile It'll dawn on me that one would be 13 and one would be 11 now, but its just a fleeting thought and thats that. I tell people I have 1 child, because I have 1 child. I don't say "well I have 1 child but 3 are in heaven and 2 more are on venus and the neighbor lady wanted to get pregnant but didn't so her baby is still in heaven too". Jeez!

Ugh. I realize that I'm about to be a bitch. Bitch hat on. They name their children alphabetically. From oldest to youngest: Arianna, Benjamin, Cassandra, "D" ("Baby D" -- miscarriage), Edmund, Francesca and Graham.

Also -- I totally believe gluten intolerance exists. But does anyone else find it odd that all these natural fundies, who push non-medical intervention, also coincidentally, happen to be gluten intolerant?

I think that naming a miscarriage and dwelling on it would make the tragedy just that much worse. You can never get over it and get on with your life. I mean, miscarriage can be a big deal, but they are making into and even bigger deal.

And the gluten intolerance is a new fad in general. A lot of people actually have it, but a lot more think they have it because of very vague symptoms, and a lot of people think that all gluten is bad for every person whether they have an intolerance or not. IMO, it's a little insensitive to people who actually have the disease. But gluten is now a boogeyman that causes basically every conceivable health problem.

Guest Anonymous
Ugh. I realize that I'm about to be a bitch. Bitch hat on. They name their children alphabetically. From oldest to youngest: Arianna, Benjamin, Cassandra, "D" ("Baby D" -- miscarriage), Edmund, Francesca and Graham.

I think the alphabetical names are kind of cute! At least they are spelling them well. Although I can't imagine using a letter for a miscarriage...then every.single.time you are talking to someone about the ABC names you have to bring up the miscarriage.

ETA: They have been married 8 years and have an 8 year old...premarital sex/conception?? Abomination.

Very "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" -- at least nobody's named Frankincense.

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v3495872DdQwtx3n

Go to 18:40 to get the reference (or watch the whole movie -- it's got some wonderful stuff, and some things that belong in that "old movies and misogyny" thread!).

Archived