IGNORED

YLCF Gets Owned at Feministe (Old Post)

Modern women chafe at the command that wives “obey their husbands,†because they want to maintain their own autonomy. This is incompatible with the Christian worldview. “He who would be greatest among you must be servant of all!â€

So, secretly, she holds the view that women are "the greatest" because they are the servants to man and God? Or maybe, because she also mentions how the "order" is "God, man, woman, animals," then ANIMALS are the greatest, because they serve all of us!

BWAHAHAHAHA...So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Haha! Thanks, I missed this the first time around. (I notice Gretchen seems to have removed some of that old Jennie Chancey drivel from YLCF. Think she's trying to distance herself from it?)

nice find - I had not seen that article before

Here's my favorite quote: " When we step out from under our coverings and try to do things “independently,†we deserve whatever happens to us (financial struggles, family arguments, failed marriages, disobedient children, etc.)."

Yes, if you make your own decisions you will have to deal with the negative consequences but you also get all the good things that come from being independent. Fundies never seem to get that good and even glorious things can happen to women who are free and independent.

It's a great article, but I just can't take the girl who started YLCF seriously. She went out into the world, couldn't deal with being an adult and went boo-hooing back home. Plenty of us have experienced a need to return home for financial or emotional reasons, but we don't turn it into a biblical principle.

Archived