IGNORED

Where was this devotion to the Catholic Church when the.....

dawn9476

wars started? All these politicians going on and on about how we must honor the Catholic Church when it comes to birth control yet they had no problem going against the Pope when it comes to the Iraq war and are chomping at the bit for us to go to war with Iran.

I heard tons from the Catholic church about the unjust Iraqi war. My children were going to Catholic school at the time and they learned in school what makes a just vs. unjust war, and why this war was unjust. The bishop talked about it in the media and I think had an op-ed in the local paper.

The bishop here is equally outspoken about immigration justice. He is Latino and strongly urges the parishioners to vote social justice. It falls on deaf ears because the Catholics in my area are quite conservative.

Yes! The whole Republican co-opting of "Catholic Church = anti-abortion/BC" and ignoring that the Church's culture of life also says no death penalty and no unjust war irritates me. I don't necessarily support the culture of life idea, but it is more then what they play it as.

I don't remember what made a just vs. unjust war, but it was pretty stringent. I remember snarking in my head that the fucking Crusades were unjust by their measure.

Archived