IGNORED

Good News and Bad News regarding teen pregnancy.

dawn9476

Whats the reason for that? I mean that especially black and Hispanic teenies get pregnant?

Considering that a lot of Hispanics are Catholic, I am sure being told contrception is wrong by the church has a lot to do with it. For other hispanics and blacks it is probably no access to birth control and the lack of education regarding birth control at home and in school. Many girls are also most likely having sex with boys who won't wear condoms and because the girls don't know any better, they agree.

I'm a black female. While I don't have any children, my sister got pregnant at 17 and had three children out of wedlock. So did two of her daughters, who were 13 and 15. They got pregnant because my sister was extremely abusive (verbally and physically) and they wanted someone who would love them. I also recently found out they were molested as children which played a role in them becoming promiscuous in their teens. They did have access to birth control, because they government provided it for free. There are Planned Parenthood clinics all over the place. But they refused to take the birth control. And my sister refused to put the girls on the shot that lasts several months. My nieces once told me that they have no control over their lives, and were too young to make good decisions. I also worked in a group home for pregnant teens, and they seemed to get pregnant for the same reasons as my nieces. Abuse, low self esteem, feeling helpless, wanting to be loved, and not knowing how hard it really is to raise a child alone.

Well funny how teen mom is also just white girls (I know in 16 and pregnant it's a little more diversified)

I think it's mainly that the politics or campaigns are not culturally adapted and as such does not touch the variety of reasons teen girls get pregnant and teen boys get girls pregnant.

Well funny how teen mom is also just white girls (I know in 16 and pregnant it's a little more diversified)

I think it's mainly that the politics or campaigns are not culturally adapted and as such does not touch the variety of reasons teen girls get pregnant and teen boys get girls pregnant.

In my experience it is usually grown men who get these teenagers pregnant. Most girls I knew got knocked up by men in their 20s and 30s...sometimes even 40s. So there is a statutory rape issue as well.

In my experience it is usually grown men who get these teenagers pregnant. Most girls I knew got knocked up by men in their 20s and 30s...sometimes even 40s. So there is a statutory rape issue as well.

Yep, My mom was 15 and my dad was 24 when she got pregnant with me. This was in late 1962. They got married and it lasted 18 months. My dad's other choice was to go to jail for statutory rape.

My mom comes from a solid middle class family, but my grandmother was very self-centered. She let my mom go on dates to the drive in movies when she was 12, just so she wouldn't be around to bother her.

My mom got pregnant with me so she could leave home, plus she wanted someone to love her unconditionally, like her mother should have.

Archived