IGNORED

Nuns VS Strippers...

tabitha2

Few people want to be neighbors to a strip club. I don't know what makes people feel that nuns deserve to not live next door to one any more than anyone else.

I knew nuns who had a convent across the street from a corner where the hookers would hang out. I don't think there were any problems, except for the one time a sister got pissed because she had just finished cleaning the sidewalk and a hooker spit on it or something, so the nun turned the hose on her. The nun went and apologized the next day, but I would have paid good money to see that.

Course, the nun's convent was also built like Ft. Knox and the sister in question was bat-shit crazy, so there's that.

this reminds me of a joke for some reason

While driving down the road, a man sees the following sign: Sisters of St. Mary: Nunnery and Whorehouse 10 miles

He thinks it was a figment of his imagination and drives on without a second thought......soon he sees another sign, which says: St. Marys: Nunnery and Whorehouse 5 miles

Suddenly, he begins to realize that these signs are for real....then he drives past a third sign saying Sisters of St. Mary: Nunnery and Whorehouse next right

His curiosity gets the best of him and he pulls into the drive....on the far side of the parking lot is a stone building with a small sign next to the door reading: S isters of St. Mary

He climbs the steps and rings the bell....the door is answered by a nun in a long black habit who asks, "What may we do for you, my son?"....he answers, "i saw your signs along the highway, and was interested in possibly doing business.".....

"Very well, my son. Please follow me." ....he is led through many winding passages and is soon quite disoriented....the nun stops at a closed door and tells the man, please knock on this door".............

He does as he is told and another nun in a long habit, holding a tin cup answers the door.....this nun instructs, "please place $100 in the cup, then go through the large wooden door at the end of this hallway"....... He gets $100 out of his wallet and places it in the second nuns cup.....

He trots eagerly down the hall and slips through the door, pulling it shut behind him........ as the door locks behind him, he finds himself back in the parking lot, facing another small sign:

Go in peace. You have just been screwed by the Sisters of St. Marys

:lol: for the joke.

As for the Strip Club and the Convent. I would think that the Sisters would find it a way to administer to sinners without leaving their front yard. It would be perfect for protests, interventions of customers and the conversion of the strippers themselves.

I am actually really surprised that the guy is building it knowing that he may not have alot of business if the nuns become active. No one wants to face down a nun so you can watch some unfortunate girl take her clothes off for dollar bills. Most strip clubs usually operate in industrial areas where you don't have to worry about the girlfriend finding out where you are.

If i were the nuns, a few google searches and they can start an alert/website that tracks the customers in and out. Also women can sign up for a service that they are alerted if their boyfriend enters the club. Web cams and all.. :lol: 8-) :lol:

I am actually really surprised that the guy is building it knowing that he may not have alot of business if the nuns become active. No one wants to face down a nun so you can watch some unfortunate girl take her clothes off for dollar bills.

I guess they, like me, are hoping the nuns aren't going to be dicks about it (not that the Catholic church has a history of refraining from dickery) If the place can't get customers, it's not the customers who are going to suffer- it's the "unfortunate girl" (btw, I've known strippers and even babysat as a teen for one and they wouldn't appreciate the condescension) who needs the money to pay her bills.

Most strip clubs usually operate in industrial areas where you don't have to worry about the girlfriend finding out where you are.

My city must be funny. We have two strip joints in our (small) downtown area and one on the city's main East/West running street, just a few blocks from our (very busy) hospital.

If i were the nuns, a few google searches and they can start an alert/website that tracks the customers in and out. Also women can sign up for a service that they are alerted if their boyfriend enters the club. Web cams and all

To what end? Besides the aforementioned dickery, of course.

In my hood in Toronto a strip club is actually adjoining an evangelical church (I think the buildings actually touch or are part of the same structure)....lots of opportunities for drunken soul-winning if patrons go in the wrong door, I guess....

http://www.dine.to/clubparadise

(pan left)

ETA - I think the nuns would have more luck arguing that traffic/noise doesn't fit in with a residential setting...but money will win.

Guest Anonymous
:lol: for the joke.

If i were the nuns, a few google searches and they can start an alert/website that tracks the customers in and out. Also women can sign up for a service that they are alerted if their boyfriend enters the club. Web cams and all.. :lol: 8-) :lol:

Are you aware that as long as the strippers and their customers are all legal adults, and no drug traffic or prostitution is in progress, the patrons of the club have a right to come and go as they please? If the club has complied with the local zoning laws, the nuns can complain but can't touch them legally. I can understand wny the convent doesn't want the strip club, I even sympathize with them. But that does NOT give them the right to stalk and harass either the customers of the club or its employees.

The article says the club got approval. I don't know about laws in other states, but mine does not allow strip clubs within so many miles of a residential area. If it's a suburb, I wouldn't like it either. If it's in a business area and complies with laws then there isn't much they can do, but I understand not wanting it there.

Also, didn't know there were high class strip clubs. Maybe it's where I grew up that none were high class in any way and located in the shittiest parts of town in the shabbiest buildings.

I knew nuns who had a convent across the street from a corner where the hookers would hang out. I don't think there were any problems, except for the one time a sister got pissed because she had just finished cleaning the sidewalk and a hooker spit on it or something, so the nun turned the hose on her. The nun went and apologized the next day, but I would have paid good money to see that.

Course, the nun's convent was also built like Ft. Knox and the sister in question was bat-shit crazy, so there's that.

:lol: I have to admit that if I was cleaning a sidewalk and someone spat on it, I wouldn't be happy. I wouldn't squirt them with a water hose, but I might think about it. :whistle: Seeing a nun spray a stripper with a water hose would be funny though-like unexpected sort of funny.

Well,For the girls who have the calling to be sisters this place is going to be distracting to the training to say the least.

Why? I can't say that I've known anybody with a calling to be a nun who also feels called to be a stripper.... Or is attracted to strippers.

Why? I can't say that I've known anybody with a calling to be a nun who also feels called to be a stripper.... Or is attracted to strippers.

My grandmother's ex-girlfriend used to be a nun. And so did my grandmother's ex-girlfriend's current girlfriend.

My grandmother's ex-girlfriend used to be a nun. And so did my grandmother's ex-girlfriend's current girlfriend.

Yeah, but not all lesbians are attracted to strippers and not all nuns are lesbians. (I've actually known more who left to get married to men- and they usually end up quite liberal.)

Yeah, but not all lesbians are attracted to strippers and not all nuns are lesbians. (I've actually known more who left to get married to men- and they usually end up quite liberal.)

True, just pointing out it is a possibility (though unlikely) (and my grandfather's (same grandmother's ex-husband) current wife also used to be a nun... apparently my family attracts nuns like catnip)

penguinagogo, thank you for retelling my favorite dirty Catholic joke. My rogue uncle, who was the "bad seed" of our uber catholic family told me that one!

Am I the only one who thought, perhaps, there were some industrious young nuns stripping for Jesus? Say a rosary, and I will remove a piece of clothing for each decade?

penguinagogo, thank you for retelling my favorite dirty Catholic joke. My rogue uncle, who was the "bad seed" of our uber catholic family told me that one!

Am I the only one who thought, perhaps, there were some industrious young nuns stripping for Jesus? Say a rosary, and I will remove a piece of clothing for each decade?

LOL. No, you weren't the only one to think that. :whistle:

I'm surprised that the strip club would want to be that close to a nunnery. I would think that the customers just seeing the nunnery would detour business by a bit. Just imagine pulling in the parking lot and there are nuns standing around on the sidewalk looking at you. If I were a guy I might feel squicky about that but then again I might not. I'm not a man so I really don't know.

Well let me tell you all how little I know about the men folk. I asked my head ship and 2 of my adult sons how they would feel about going to a strip club right next to a nunnery.

Oldest son said, " Shit no. That would make me want to go even more." That son is agnostic for now.

3rd son said, " I would still go and ten go next door to confess my sins of pleasure to watch the old gals faces." That son is a 18 yr old dickhead and Christian. :?

Headship said," Why does FJ make you want to ask me these wierd questions? But honestly I would have to take a picture of the 2 sitting side by side."

Male pug just licked me and agreed that we needed more sugar snap peas. :whistle:

So there is my proof that I am in fact a prude. :snooty:

Archived