IGNORED

Next up: Reith/Bates Wedding?????

Sweetfellowshiphuh

Now that David and Priscilla have exchanged their sweet words, spit and virgninties...who is next to walk down Gothard's Aisle of Servitude? :?

The Sarah Reith/Zach Bates courtship has been going on for several months...surely they are getting tired of getting out the yard stick before sitting down (as they are living by the no touchin' while courtin' rule).

I think Zach has to finish his "college" first. And since he was following Santorum lately instead of "studying" it might still take some time for them to have (hand)sex.

Last time Kelly talked about their courtship, she said Zach wants to finish up getting his "college degree" before planning on engagement.

For a courtship, this is a pretty long one like a regular relationship. Priscilla and David courted for two months before engagement.

I think "finishing his college degree" was code for "we have no money for day-to-day expenses, let alone a wedding". Now that TLC is on the scene in some capacity, the wedding will be paid for. I'm guessing summer or early fall.

surely they are getting tired of getting out the yard stick before sitting down (as they are living by the no touchin' while courtin' rule).

I dunno, I never thought she looked like she was really into him.

Last time Kelly talked about their courtship, she said Zach wants to finish up getting his "college degree" before planning on engagement.

For a courtship, this is a pretty long one like a regular relationship. Priscilla and David courted for two months before engagement.

I think that the long courtship is a good thing. It gives them time to talk and learn about each other. I also dont fault Zach for wanting to finish his "degree" before he gets married. I dont agree with many things the Bates do. I do think that the long courtship is a step in the right direction for Zach and Kelly.

Edit: By Zach and Kelly, I mean Zach and Sarah.

I think that the long courtship is a good thing. It gives them time to talk and learn about each other. I also dont fault Zach for wanting to finish his "degree" before he gets married. I dont agree with many things the Bates do. I do think that the long courtship is a step in the right direction for Zach and Kelly.

:shock:

Priscilla Keller's brother in law (David's brother) is getting married either at the end of Feb or early March.

I dunno, I never thought she looked like she was really into him.

This. When Josh proposed to Anna she seemed pretty happy. When Zach courted Sarah on the Today Show her attitude seemed to be sort of "Oh, that's nice. Thanks." Granted, proposals and courtships are different but chemistry is chemistry.

I don't know how accurate these Examiner articles are, but there's a part that talks about what's new for Season 6 and it says this:

How the Duggars coped with their loss

Amy Duggar’s budding music career

More field trips and adventures

Wedding news from the Bates family

Campaigning for GOP candidate, Rick Santorum

Volunteer and community service projects

I can't imagine TLC is going to show them campaigning for Rick Santorum so take it with a grain of salt. Maybe Zach proposed but they have to keep it secret until the show airs? What a terrible way to live life.

[link=http://www.examiner.com/19-kids-and-counting-in-national/tlc-reveals-2012-premiere-date-for-19-kids-and-counting]Examiner Article[/link]

They may show campaigning with the name on the posters blurred out, but I doubt it.

Stupid article. It listed "an accident in Atlanta" as a "highlight" of season 5!

Zach and Sarah might be really anxious to get married already, since they can't even hold hands, let alone kiss. If I wasn't allowed to kiss i might be really anxious to get married to. Not that they've been courting too long in terms of a relationship in the real world, but for a courtship that's long. I wonder if there's a more interesting reason than they can't afford a wedding or Zach wants to finish his "education

".

This. When Josh proposed to Anna she seemed pretty happy. When Zach courted Sarah on the Today Show her attitude seemed to be sort of "Oh, that's nice. Thanks." Granted, proposals and courtships are different but chemistry is chemistry.

Yeah, I don't see them getting engaged. Probably why they're not touching. Don't want to give pieces of their heart away! It's gone on too long and I don't think she'd be too keen to leave and cleave w/him and quit the band.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone tell me, does Zach actually have a paying job? He is a volunteer fightfighter or first responder or something, right? No money here. He works with his Dad in the tree service but I don't think Gil pays him anything. (No way this business would support two megafamilies.) He also does something at the Sheriffs office but I don't know whether this is paid, unpaid, fulltime, parttime? Can anyone enlighten me? I assume he can't marry until he is able to support his wife.

Is Zach the one that is the city counselman? I'm sure it is a very small town, but he could get something for his time. Free pie at the local diner?

I think "finishing his college degree" was code for "we have no money for day-to-day expenses, let alone a wedding". Now that TLC is on the scene in some capacity, the wedding will be paid for. I'm guessing summer or early fall.

This is true, but wouldn't the Reiths be responsible for paying for the wedding? Presumably they have some money from their music careers.

Personally, I think there's going to be a wedding and it will be shown on TV. Now that Gil and Kelly have sold out to TLC, anything's fair game. I can't wait for all the intimate details of Kelly's cervix. :roll:

I also get the feeling that if they do get married, there won't be any little blessings right away. Even if they're both totally into each other (which I'm not sure of), they both seem just so shy. With Josh and Anna they were doing the handsex thing so it was basically months of foreplay and Anna probably got pg on the wedding night. I don't see that with Zach and Sarah. I think there would be performance anxiety for both of them. I can see them being really awkward and afraid to touch each other, especially after months of making a fetish of not touching. I don't see any sexual tension between them, only fear of intimacy.

Oh they are totally waiting so that it can be a more exciting episode. I'm sure Zach was told that he's not getting married until the cameras are able to be pointed at them for the engagement and the wedding. They can squeeze at least two if not three episodes out of a wedding.

Everyone loves a wedding, especially a snark worthy wedding!

I suspect they'd push one of their girls down the aisle too. Its not like the girls have much choice. For instance, if Sarah isn't that into Zach its not important as her daddy approved the courtship and once its started she has to see it to its inevitable end. Otherwise she's damaged goods that no other boy will want!!

I think that the Bates girls are far more attractive so there will be plenty of people wanting to watch pretty Micheala walking down the aisle in her homespun dress. Maybe she could ride off into the sunset with her hubby on a starving horse.

I don't know how accurate these Examiner articles are, but there's a part that talks about what's new for Season 6 and it says this:

I can't imagine TLC is going to show them campaigning for Rick Santorum so take it with a grain of salt. Maybe Zach proposed but they have to keep it secret until the show airs? What a terrible way to live life.

[link=http://www.examiner.com/19-kids-and-counting-in-national/tlc-reveals-2012-premiere-date-for-19-kids-and-counting]Examiner Article[/link]

Santorum will be out of the race by then, so it won't matter anymore. Romney is expected to wrap up the GOP nomination after the next few primaries.

Archived