IGNORED

Seven Sisters were in Florida

clibbyjo

They just got back and promise lots of pics. So far, the boys swimming in modest suits and the girls wearing their frumpers knee deep into the ocean are highlights. The picture of them in front of the firetruck....WTF is mom doing posing her bare foot like that? Dad's jeans with the belt screams fundie,nerd alert. Come on,they know they draw attention dressed like that, I still don't get how all that attention is ok.

I am just glad they are back, I was afraid the stopped blogging. :dance:

They just got back and promise lots of pics. So far, the boys swimming in modest suits and the girls wearing their frumpers knee deep into the ocean are highlights. The picture of them in front of the firetruck....WTF is mom doing posing her bare foot like that? Dad's jeans with the belt screams fundie,nerd alert. Come on,they know they draw attention dressed like that, I still don't get how all that attention is ok.

I am just glad they are back, I was afraid the stopped blogging. :dance:

I noticed that foot thing yesterday when I saw that post. I wondered what it was, then I realized that it's how she also stood while wearing her exercise garb/pants. Reminds me of how fitness models stand or something. Weird.

I noticed that foot thing yesterday when I saw that post. I wondered what it was, then I realized that it's how she also stood while wearing her exercise garb/pants. Reminds me of how fitness models stand or something. Weird.

LOL, exactly!!! She is sticking her frumper covered chest out too . She must think she is all that in that frumper she has on or something. :clap:

I am thinking of asking how tall they are, I really get distracted by their height.

Anyone notice this link near the bottom of the new site?

Hop on the Train

Shouldn't that be "Hop on the Train WRECK?"

I'd forgotten this family--they used to torture the little boy by making him a shirt that matches his sisters' frumpers. I see no end to therapy for him.

LOL, exactly!!! She is sticking her frumper covered chest out too . She must think she is all that in that frumper she has on or something. :clap:

I am thinking of asking how tall they are, I really get distracted by their height.

All that and a bag of GAPS-legal-chips? :lol:

And I seriously doubt those girls will ever get married off with how giant they are. Somehow, I doubt that fundies would be cool with the lady being taller than the man... That and they never seem to mention dating/courtship/marriage/any of that jazz, which you'd think would come up in a family with so many sisters!

Ohhhh, link please? Sorry, I don't seem to have them bookmarked!

http://sevenfarmgirlsisters.com/

All that and a bag of GAPS-legal-chips? :lol:

And I seriously doubt those girls will ever get married off with how giant they are. Somehow, I doubt that fundies would be cool with the lady being taller than the man... That and they never seem to mention dating/courtship/marriage/any of that jazz, which you'd think would come up in a family with so many sisters!

http://sevenfarmgirlsisters.com/

:clap: :clap: :clap: Only a true SS fan would know the GAPS legal business. I bow to your cleverness. :D

:clap: :clap: :clap: Only a true SS fan would know the GAPS legal business. I bow to your cleverness. :D

I think I've read their blog for, geeze, years now! *loser* They're right up there next to Regretsy on my big list'o'blogs--and I'd never noticed the humor in that until now. :P Also, I have to be honest... I have nooo idea what GAPS legal actually means (do they even???)! All I can recall is that seems like it involves lots of avocados based on their recipes. Haha

If they really are that tall I almost don't blame them for wearing frumpers. I don't even want to IMAGINE trying to find pants that fit if I was that tall.

It is like the mother is trying to pose modest-sexy. And why don't they have shoes on?!

I dunno, I think they look sweet in the jumpers. At least the younger girls, the older two maybe not so much. But then I wear jumpers, so you all know my feelings on the subject. No, what kills me are the veils. Seriously, surely you can cover your hair and still have it look attractive.

You know, out of all of them, this family seems to be the closest to really walking the talk for me. They look like they're really enjoying themselves, which kind of matters.

But my questions is...is it me, or my monitor, or the picture...but does Mom have a tat on her ankle?

Give me a break, I have lots of female cousins 6 ft tall and taller, they all married. My kids' step sister 6 ft tall and married, her husband is shorter, so what. And being tall and thin doesn't equate being a giant in my book. :?

I just don't get the Peter Pan collars. Ugh, my biggest pet peeve...you can dress modest...heck, even wear a modest dress...and not look like Laura Ingalls Wilder!

Moms blog says she's got a special announcement coming up. I guess she's pregnant again.

Honestly, when they had that picture of the incomplete pyramid with an announcement, I really expected it to be another pregnancy. It turns out they're just getting their domain. I wonder how old the mom is? The youngest looks at least 6 or 7 and if Mom hasn't become pregnant in that time, there's a good chance that she's just done.

Anyway, the seven sisters are my favorite to snark on. I think the worst offense in this recent post is the bright yellow blouse paired with a green frumper. The dad is one of the nerdiest fundie men that I know of, but the mom actually looks pretty, even in that frumper. I think this is the first time I ever saw the dad, and it kind of makes me wonder how he ended up with a woman who seems out of his league. The boys are wearing home-made shirts out of bargain-bin fabric, but I wonder how long that will last. The daughters can remain childish forever, but I doubt the boys will be forced to wear something so childish after they reach puberty.

Give me a break, I have lots of female cousins 6 ft tall and taller, they all married. My kids' step sister 6 ft tall and married, her husband is shorter, so what. And being tall and thin doesn't equate being a giant in my book. :?

I think you misunderstand what I meant! Most of the women in my family are right around 6 feet and I'm the "short" one at 5'6", so I certainly wasn't calling anyone a freak or anything for being tall. I just figured that in fundieland, where appearance is everything, that the women would be practically required to be shorter than the men that they marry. I mean, how can she be properly submissive if she's looking down at husband? :P

re: the mom's pose. Yeah, that seems rather un-frumperish. I'm wondering, however, if it's that she feels like she's not photogenic. Maybe she's trying to not appear stoop-shouldered or something. I can speak from experience - it's a family joke on how unphotogenic I am. I look stiff, and kind of like a deer in the headlights. I look frumpier than I am, too. So, I'm willing to cut her some slack.

I also am slightly tall (like a tall average), so most people who take my picture take it from below my chin. This makes the area under my chin look quite fat, like I've got a double chin, when in reality it's just one of those chins that doesn't angle upward. And I'm not even as tall as they appear to be.

If it was just sticking out her chest I can see it being her trying to make sure she doesn't look like she is slumping, but the hold weird foot thing, well that is just weird.

I agree. Especially about that photo with her in fitness clothes with her daughters in frumpers and headscarves! Maybe she has more liberty because she's married?

I was just trying to cut her a little slack because I HATE HATE HATE having my picture taken. I even had a professional photographer tell me I looked like I needed to be holding a pitchfork a la "American Gothic."

Why are they posing in front of a firetruck? Why are some of them not wearing shoes? Mom's foot pose defrauded me. I need to go spend some time in the prayer closet.

Do the girls not even have swim suits at all? Can't they wear those dreadful modesty suits? I hope I'm missing the pics of them frolicking in the water like their brothers.

Archived