IGNORED

Pastors Wife Sends Body Double to sit in the front pew

FJismyheadship

She hates going to church so much that she hired a look a like person? WTF? Why even bother and that would for her whole life. From marrying a preacher to acting like such a great Christian. She is fake and I hope her husband really rethinks his marriage to her. What else is she lieing about?

What's wrong with the husband that he can't tell that the woman in the front row isn't his wife?

Exactly what I was thinking!!!

He didn't even notice? wth? lol!!!

he knew but I think she just did not want to go to church and hubby would look bad if his wife did not show up. So I don't think what she did was wrong and it was more him having to have his wife there and not man enough not to have her by his side. I think it is a great idea.

Yeah, Lark News is a well-known Christian parody site run by Christians. It's pretty funny if you're familiar with church culture. I like some of their t-shirt slogans, too, like this, this, and this.

Hey I still think it is a cool idea.

The pastors wife at my church apparently didnt know that... she said she was gonna send those people a copy of her book. Yes, it would be awesome.

One of the ladies at church posted a link to a post about a church where the deacons carried tasers to keep people awake and undistracted in church... she thought it was kind of a cool idea. (Not sure what to make of that really... especailly when she said she might get her own if she wouldnt get ushered out of the church for it)

I wish jim boob would find this calling

JACKSON, Miss. — For years, Arlene Maxwell insisted that her husband Mike take the spiritual gifts class at their church.

“I probably badgered him about it,†she says. “He didn’t much care, but I felt we should pursue our gifts as a couple.â€

Mike finally gave in and at the day-long spiritual gifts assessment course discovered that he has the spiritual gift of celibacy, as mentioned in 1 Corinthians 7:7.

“It was awesome to discover that I actually have a gift,†says the father of four, who is very much attracted to his wife but says he now realizes he has the special ability of abstaining. “I can’t believe I stayed in ignorance this long. What a relief to know what my spiritual gift is.â€

Mike came home that night and announced that he would begin practicing his gift immediately by sleeping in a separate bedroom.

“We’ve got plenty of kids,†he says. “It’s time to step into my calling.â€

In lieu of marital intimacy, he will devote himself to prayer, projects around the house and volunteering in the men’s ministry.

Arlene has gone through many emotions, including perplexity and anger at the turn of events.

“Part of me wishes he’d never taken the class,†she says. “Serves me right for pushing him into it.â€

Counseling has not produced a workable solution.

“For years I’ve supported Arlene in her gifts of compassion and hospitality, even though I don’t like having people in the house,†says Mike. “Now she doesn’t like my gift — what should I do, walk away from the Holy Spirit on this one? I don’t think so.â€

Arlene is lobbying for a compromise of “once or twice a month†lest she fall into her own sin. Until then, Mike is enjoying his new life in the guest room.

“The Apostle Paul wrote that ‘the time is short, so from now on even those who have wives should be as though they had none,’†says Mike. “I am blessed to have the special grace to live that out. Celibacy — what a precious gift from God.â€

Exactly what I was thinking!!!

He didn't even notice? wth? lol!!!

I don't get that either. I mean she stands in line with him after the service. And they have kids so where are they? Don't the kids usually go to church with the mother when the father's a minister? And what about her voice, surely that didn't sound the same? Unless they are twins separated at birth. This is one strange story. :shock:

I don't get that either. I mean she stands in line with him after the service. And they have kids so where are they? Don't the kids usually go to church with the mother when the father's a minister? And what about her voice, surely that didn't sound the same? Unless they are twins separated at birth. This is one strange story. :shock:

me thinks you missed the boat

me thinks you missed the boat

LOL, I did. I just heard from a Facebook friend that the Lark has been around a long time writing parody. I just don't read the whole thread before responding, my bad.

[

LOL, I did. I just heard from a Facebook friend that the Lark has been around a long time writing parody. I just don't read the whole thread before responding, my bad.

I needed the laugh. I tried to find a boat icon but no luck.

Archived