IGNORED

Religious Knowledge Quiz

celestial

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got 14/15. I just didn't know the last question, never heard of it at all. I scored better than 97% of average Americans :shock: They seemed like pretty basic questions!

I got all 15. I was surprised I got the ones about the Supreme Court rulings right, because I didn't actually know those and just guessed, but they only had two possible answers, so I had a 50% chance of being right, anyway.

For the rest, I thank my Eastern Civ and Bible as Lit professors.

15/15 I'm a PK, and have actually read theology studied world religions deliberately. I'm not exactly at the average level of knowledge when it comes to religions. I'm surprised at how few know the answer to #15 according to the info at the end of the quiz. I leaarned about that in several College level Lit and History classes at secular University.

15/15

I can actually thank a couple fundie mommy bloggers for knowing # 15, they all love that bio of Sarah Edwards, Jonathan's wife who did absolutely everything to raise the family and keep a roof over their heads while he was out spreading the good news.

I'm surprised at how few know the answer to #15 according to the info at the end of the quiz. I leaarned about that in several College level Lit and History classes at secular University.

I must have slept through that lecture. ;)

I'm surprised at how few know the answer to #15 according to the info at the end of the quiz. I leaarned about that in several College level Lit and History classes at secular University.

Well, I'm not American, so that might have something to do with it...But after googling it, for a US quiz I can see how it would be general knowledge type of thing.

Well, I'm not American, so that might have something to do with it...But after googling it, for a US quiz I can see how it would be general knowledge type of thing.

Same here. I'm not a big history scholar, but I usually at least remember having heard a phrase before and this was totally new to me.

15/15. It's interesting how Jewish people, Atheists/Agnostics, and Mormons have the highest scores.

Also, 6% of Jewish people got the Sabbath question wrong, and 7% of Mormons got the Joseph Smith question wrong.

15/15...the only question I thought might be a bit tricksy was the one which asked when the Jewish Sabbath began.

I got a 15 and I'm an atheist. I honestly thought they were all pretty easy except the last one which I really had to think about. A lot of the stuff I actually learned in my evil public school, such as Ramadan and the predominant religion of Pakistan.

That was really easy...i can't believe that so many people did so poorly. I got 13/15...no idea about the last one, i'd never heard of that before.

15/15 I'm a PK, and have actually read theology studied world religions deliberately. I'm not exactly at the average level of knowledge when it comes to religions. I'm surprised at how few know the answer to #15 according to the info at the end of the quiz. I leaarned about that in several College level Lit and History classes at secular University.

15/15. I thought it was incredibly easy. Yeah, I'm surprised at the low scores on the last question, but I'm an American history nerd and know all about the Great Awakenings. Plus, Jonathan Edwards is buried in my home town and Charles Finney was an important figure in my college's history.

15/15. A few gave me pause, but nothing I didn't know for certain after a minute or two of thinking about it.

It's funny, I would imagine that secular, Satan-loving FJers would probably score better than a fundie family.

Archived