IGNORED

Did the Duggars go to Central America this year?

NJMom

Does anyone know if the Duggars went on their annual December trip to El Salvador/Honduras this year? I don't remember seeing anything about it, and they've gone down there for at least 5 years now (the last 3 years were shown on TLC). However, this would have been right about the time Michelle had the miscarriage, and nothing was said. Would they have skipped this year because maybe TLC wasn't helping foot the bill or filming the show?

Also, does anybody know anything about the Query family? They went along last year....also, the mom and some of her kids also stayed with the younger Duggars when Michelle was in the hospital having Josie 2 years ago. They seem to be a nice family...have some older girls, wonder if any of them are interested in John David. I think they live in Oklahoma, but I'm not sure.

The last trip that I know of to El Salvador was back before Mike was born. Jimbob, Michelle, Gill, and Kelly Bates went but not any of the kids (that I remember).

Yeah, they're in Arkansas. I didn't realize they were the ones who taught the Duggars. That... doesn't reflect well on their teaching skills.

Ok, thanks! I had thought that their violin teacher was the older woman who saved Michelle from the laundry back when she only had 7 kids...but maybe that lady is retired now. I was asking because I happened to catch last year's episode of the Duggars in El Salvador, and seeing how emotional Jill was to leave behind this one teen girl who had become very attached to her. Both Jill and Jessa had said last year how much they were looking forward to going back there. So, why didn't they? Maybe even Jim Bob can't afford a trip like that for 11 of his children if TLC isn't picking up the tab? Seriously, though, I can see Jill becoming a missionary for that part of the world through the SOS ministries, if she's be allowed to go. I really think she would find it very fulfilling and she'd be able to serve right now rather than the "studying under a midwife" and the college plus classes she's taking right now.

The Laundry "Nana" is ht eone who has taught them piano. Th eoldest Query daughter is the Suzuki violin instructor. I haven't heard any murmurs as to whether they went to the Mission this year but they tend to go right at the begining(first week) of December, however since 1 of the older girls seems to stay every year and since Jill seems to have the primary Buddy care of Josie perhaps they did. We won't know until it becomes public knowledge since they did theoretically have enough time to fly back once they knew about the miscariage it is possible they were there.

Seriously, though, I can see Jill becoming a missionary for that part of the world through the SOS ministries, if she's be allowed to go. I really think she would find it very fulfilling and she'd be able to serve right now rather than the "studying under a midwife" and the college plus classes she's taking right now.

I would love to see Jill become a nurse and work overseas in a 3rd world nation. I think that she would thrive in that situation.

I don't think they went because they were spotted filming in Nashville the week before Michelle had the official "micarriage." In the middle of that week, they got the news that the fetus had died and it sounds like TLC was taping there as well, being J20 and all. I think many, if not all, of the kids were there for that photo-op, but there's no official confirmation.

If they went, they were led by JD (remember, Smuggar was with Anna's family in TX and from what we know, Boob was at the "jender" appointment which was on a Wednesday, IIRC. If the kids went, they were only gone for two days, tops, before they were pulled back home.

Logistically, I don't think they could have pulled that off. Combine that with the bun cooking being J20, I think TLC wanted the entire family along for its milestones, especially the gender announcement.

I would love to see Jill become a nurse and work overseas in a 3rd world nation. I think that she would thrive in that situation.

I would love to see these things too, but it's far more likely that Jill will be married off once Josie is potty trained and Jill's compassion and midwife "skills" will be used for her own brood.

I'm sure they did. They spent fundie money on 20 plane tickets just to hand out 2 rolls of TP, 1 family portrait, a lollipop per capita and a can of tuna per family. Jimbo's patronizing the locals who are too lazy to make a free broom out of branches and sweet the chickenshit out of the living room YET humping each other and spewing out kids out of mere boredom. Before you call me anything, I assure you, I think 85 percent of the rest of the world is like that : ) So nothing personal.

• 11 months later...

Thriving because she'd proselytise the whole time.

I just saw "Duggars on a Mission" episode. It looks like one of the girls was wearing pants, but I think that was just another girl on their mission trip.

It's at 2.00 - just checked again and it does seem to be another girl

Boob's attempts at Spanish were pretty painful. And he did say them (or one of their kids) might adopt in the future.

The worst part was when one of the girls (Jill? Jessa?) said it was good for her to see how most of the rest of the world doesn't live like everyone in the USA. EVERYONE in the USA? There is plenty of poverty in the USA actually Duggars. Not that they care, because they are against social security and all sorts of other initiatives that decrease poverty (like birth control and abortion). That made me pretty angry.

They usually go around the first week of December, so if they're going (remember the Josie situation?), they're going any day now.

(snip)

The worst part was when one of the girls (Jill? Jessa?) said it was good for her to see how most of the rest of the world doesn't live like everyone in the USA. EVERYONE in the USA? There is plenty of poverty in the USA actually Duggars. Not that they care, because they are against social security and all sorts of other initiatives that decrease poverty (like birth control and abortion). That made me pretty angry.

Those people are lazy, leeching welfare queens, drug addicts, and communists! These people are so poor, they can't even afford a Bible. So they'll get a Bible, but nothing actually usefull to make a better life other than "spiritually."

Also, does anybody know anything about the Query family? They went along last year....also, the mom and some of her kids also stayed with the younger Duggars when Michelle was in the hospital having Josie 2 years ago. They seem to be a nice family...have some older girls, wonder if any of them are interested in John David. I think they live in Oklahoma, but I'm not sure.

The Query's have always been my prediction for the next courtship. It just seems to be a logical choice.

You can read this old thread about the possibility of courtship between the 2 families. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9267

Those people are lazy, leeching welfare queens, drug addicts, and communists! These people are so poor, they can't even afford a Bible. So they'll get a Bible, but nothing actually usefull to make a better life other than "spiritually."

I'm pretty sure they do actually believe that most of the people who need social security are at fault...like single mothers, they are all nasty sluts who got pregnant out of relationships, or people who refuse to work...which is why they are against it. Josh posted something on instagram recently about being against benefits and it was justified by a whole bunch of Christians even when people pointed out it goes against what Jesus says.

It's disgusting.

Maybe they don't understand what Social Security really is? It isn't for single mothers. It's the program for people who have paid into it while working and it's for the aged and disabled mainly. There is a payment for widows/widowers and dependent children if the worker paid in long enough and they qualify.

Maybe they don't understand what Social Security really is? It isn't for single mothers. It's the program for people who have paid into it while working and it's for the aged and disabled mainly. There is a payment for widows/widowers and dependent children if the worker paid in long enough and they qualify.

If Michelle is teaching elementary school kids about bankruptcy surely she could have covered Social Security. But we know she didn't and we can assume if she did she would not give an unbiased explanation of the system.

They probably don't fully understand and just assume it's money taken away from tax money for people who don't deserve it.

They probably expect if everyone had a billion kids they'd be looked after in old age anyway.

I don't know, they make no sense.

Archived