IGNORED

we remove all decorations to celebrate Jesus' birthday

vicka

so full of awesome:

bathedinhispraisehimblood.blogspot.com/2010/12/advent.html

here are a few of my favorites:

"In our family, my Husband Joseph has some very firm ideas about Christmas, and I agree with him on all counts." of course you do! all COUNTS!!!

"When you really stop to think about it, I think that Santa Claus is a tool of the devil." can't think of anything more evil than a man in a red suit who'll bring you presents for being good. right, that is so much worse than lets say... famine, or lack of clean water or dying of aids." yeap, fight santa!

"In the weeks of Advent, the time before Christmas for you non-believers (and please know I pray ESPECIALLY FOR YOU!!) we remove all decorations from our home. "

Thank you so much! i so appreciate the prayers. I have a husband that treats me like a fellow human being, but yes, i definitely need the prayers.

"Family pictures, paintings, vases, children's artwork, candles, clocks... everything. The house is very empty and grey and unhappy. This is how the world was before JESUS *Praise Him*! ...On Christmas morning my children come down and all of our decor has been replaced. We also string lights across our living room and in the Table of God *Praise Him* hallway. We have a special breakfast and talk about how lucky we are that God *Praise Him* sent Jesus *Praise Him* to us! Then we go to Mass and celebrate the day."

Yes lets totally strip our already depressing and patriarchal home full of win into a shell of its former self so that our children can be even more miserable. and then lets not appreciate the irony of going through all that just to celebrate the man's birthday on the day that has nothing to do with his actual birthday but is actually on day of roman winter solstice!

Praise Jesus!

Edited because too few praise jesus' are unholy. and yall are going to hell.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it), I am fairly sure that blog is satire.

Praise Jesus! i was feeling so bad for the kids!

Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it), I am fairly sure that blog is satire.

It does sound a little too crazy to be true. But then again, so do some of the real fundie blogs.

That is ASS BACKWARDS of most churches, which add decorations all through Advent (I remember the year I got to carry the giant cow up to the nativity scene & light an Advent candle). The time for grey & sorrow is Ash Wednesday through just before dawn on Easter.

I think she's for real too, *Praise Him*.

I love this:

I am happy to report that the evil spell cast on me by SATAN HIMSELF has been expunged! Through the efforts of my Dear Husband Joseph and our local Priest (who has asked modestly to be anonymous, bless his heart)

The priest wants to be anonymous because he does not want anyone to know he even knows you. *Praise Him*

I think she's for real too, *Praise Him*.

I love this:

The priest wants to be anonymous because he does not want anyone to know he even knows you. *Praise Him*

Bwhahahahah!!!!

You know how when you say a word over and over it starts to sound weird?

praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise praise

It even looks weird...

Anyway.

I am going to tell my husband *praise him* (note: *praise him* added by me) that he *praise him* (note: *praise him* added by me) should remove our Christ*praise him*mas (note: *praise him* added by me) decorations down. Or maybe not, since according to my FIL I'm supposed to be a helpmeet and stuff. Ok. We'll probably just pray about it and let him *praise him* (note: *praise him* added by me) direct the manhalf's thoughts and since I agree with him *praise him* (note: *praise him* added by me) on ALL COUNTS, you know...

so full of awesome:

http://bathedinhispraisehimblood.blogsp ... dvent.html

here are a few of my favorites:

"In our family, my Husband Joseph has some very firm ideas about Christmas, and I agree with him on all counts." of course you do! all COUNTS!!!

"When you really stop to think about it, I think that Santa Claus is a tool of the devil." can't think of anything more evil than a man in a red suit who'll bring you presents for being good. right, that is so much worse than lets say... famine, or lack of clean water or dying of aids." yeap, fight santa!

"In the weeks of Advent, the time before Christmas for you non-believers (and please know I pray ESPECIALLY FOR YOU!!) we remove all decorations from our home. "

Thank you so much! i so appreciate the prayers. I have a husband that treats me like a fellow human being, but yes, i definitely need the prayers.

"Family pictures, paintings, vases, children's artwork, candles, clocks... everything. The house is very empty and grey and unhappy. This is how the world was before JESUS *Praise Him*! ...On Christmas morning my children come down and all of our decor has been replaced. We also string lights across our living room and in the Table of God *Praise Him* hallway. We have a special breakfast and talk about how lucky we are that God *Praise Him* sent Jesus *Praise Him* to us! Then we go to Mass and celebrate the day."

Yes lets totally strip our already depressing and patriarchal home full of win into a shell of its former self so that our children can be even more miserable. and then lets not appreciate the irony of going through all that just to celebrate the man's birthday on the day that has nothing to do with his actual birthday but is actually on day of roman winter solstice!

Praise Jesus!

Edited because too few praise jesus' are unholy. and yall are going to hell.

This shit needs to be sent to Faux news just as an example of xtians waging the war on Xmas.

surprised they don't turn off the hot water and put the shoes in storage... Cos you know Jesus (praise him!) only had cold water and bare feet... *eye roll*

That is ASS BACKWARDS of most churches, which add decorations all through Advent (I remember the year I got to carry the giant cow up to the nativity scene & light an Advent candle). The time for grey & sorrow is Ash Wednesday through just before dawn on Easter.

I was thinking the same thing: "the stripping of the altars? But that's LENT!" Granted, there is some penitence associated with Advent, if I recall correctly, but it's not the big austerity-fest that is Lent.

And yeah, Advent candles. I started attending a Baptist church this year, and I was surprised at the similarities and differences compared to the Anglican church I used to go to. At the Baptist church, the candles are all purple, and someone from the congregation says a prayer while another person from the congregation lights it. At the Anglican church, the candles are purple except for the third candle, which is pink; and a child from the congregation lights it, and asks "Why do we light the third [or whichever] Advent candle?" and there's an official liturgical explanation for why, which reminds me a bit of Jewish tradition at a Seder, with the kids asking questions.

ha! those are great!

reminds me of the whole dress thing, how they are always saying skirts and dresses are for women... When Jesus and his apostles wore dress-like garb!? Always amazes me how they think pants are just so manly and such... Never will understand these trains of thought!

They remove the CLOCKS!!?? So you can't even time your tater tot casserole? Wow, there was a whole lot of burnt food before Jesus was born.

"in the Table of God *Praise Him* hallway."

What the fuck is THAT?

If I'm remembering correctly, this is the woman who put a table right in the middle of her hallway so that they can't open the front door all the way or walk down the hall without squeezing past the table. They put a rock on the table too to symbolize the Lord *praise him*. It's to remind them of...something. How Jesus *praise him* is bad fung shui? Or how He *praise him* doesn't want their children to have an unblocked means of egress in case of a fire? Something like that.

Ah ha! Found it on her old blog: bathedinhisblood.blogspot.com/2010/04/table-of-god-praise-him.html

In the entryway of our home, there is a small end table that holds a five pound boulder. It is not pushed to the side like an after thought. No, it is right in front of the front door and you have to actually turn your body to get past it. Why? Because this is our Table of God *Praise Him* and I want my children and all visitors of any faith to know that God *Praise Him* is always with us. Just like we have to always encounter the table, that is the same way we always are with our Lord *Praise Him*. Sometimes you may knock your knee on the table but it is still with us. Sometimes you may be able to use the table to store a newspaper or a pair of warm mittens. In good times and in bad, our table is always there, just like our God *Praise Him*.

So, you see, it makes total sense.

*Praise Him* is back! (totally what muslims do with Muhammed's name though, I wonder if she knows that).

We should really start some kind of Fundie Most Mental top 5. And this woman really does have a good chance of winning the Taryn Award!!!

Archived