IGNORED

Another Virginia Tech shooting 2 dead

Brainsample

gunman at large

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/cri ... rime-scene

Can't you just wait to hear what Doug the Tool has to say about things this time?

A Virginia Tech police officer was fatally shot Thursday during a routine traffic stop on the Blacksburg campus and a second person was found slain in a nearby parking lot after the gunman fled, the university reports.

. . .

The second body was found in a parking lot a short distance away from the original shooting, in the direction the gunman fled.

. . .

Freshman Matthew Spencer was walking to the bus stop around 12:30 or 12:45 when he saw police running and driving by and paramedics running to an area near the bus stop. There’s a large parking lot between the stadium and McComas Hall, where students work out, he said. At least 10 police cars were in the area around Washington Street and the basketball arena, he said. That’s when he got the alert from the university to get inside.

At about 1:45, he saw officers racing to another part of campus. “At least 15 police and undercover cars took off on Washington Street and headed towards the town and or that side of campus where Torgenson Bridge is,†he said.

“Everyone in the hallway is freaked out and stuff,†he said. He was in 8th grade when the mass shooting happened. “I lived in Christiansburg during the massacres, so it’s kind of scary.â€

Virginia State Police, as well as campus and local police, are searching for the gunman.

Oh shit oh shit oh shit I have friends at Tech. Not again. Not again. I'm going to see if I can get a hold of them.

my god. i can't believe it, again. i'm so so sorry...i always found blacksburg to be such a cool place, and now this, again. apparently, the campus police chief testified in DC today:

Strange timing. Virginia Tech's police chief testified in DC today about how the school handled the 2007 shooting. The university is facing charges of failure to issue a timely warning and failure to follow its own procedures for providing notification.

(huffpost)

They're all OK- most of them were online on Facebook and the one that wasn't picked up the phone.

I go to Virginia Tech. Things calmed down pretty quickly since the PTB think the second victim was actually the shooter. Folks are angry and sad, but I'm surrounded by folks studying for exams, pretty much on task. I was also here for the April 16th shootings (grad school, here FOREVER), they were horrible and any hyperreligious person who tries to turn this tragedy into a sermon needs a new job.

Re: the notification system- things today were handled very, very well. I got texted, called, and e-mailed every hour or better. There's no way I could have gone through today without being informed of what was happening.

Archived