IGNORED

BYU-Idaho bans skinny jeans

Diggers

Beware skinny jeans, the "gateway style to more scandalous attire." Also, don't you even think about wearing flip flops on campus!

My eyeballs hurt from rolling so hard.

thestudentreview.org/2011/12/06/byu-idaho-bans-skinny-jeans/

“Some girls are trying to wear skinny jeans three sizes too small — it’s a good idea to not wear them at all,†Taylor said.

I don't really see how that last suggestion is more modest. :lol:

I don't really see how that last suggestion is more modest. :lol:

Bahahaha. No pants = better than tight pants!

I kind of hope that students start wandering around pantsless. Except it's pretty cold in Idaho right now...

You've obviously never been to Utah or Idaho. ;) People here (the "DH" included) wear shorts with flip flops all.the.time. Right now it's 18 degrees out in good ol' Provo. I bet there are at least a hundred girls in flip flops right now!

The stupidest rule at any of the BYU campuses is the no beard/facial hair rule. Um, people, you are attending BRIGHAM YOUNG University. Here's ol' Briggy:

BY_hero.jpg

I really don't see what facial hair has to do with education. I have heard so many stories of men being turned away from the testing center because they had stubble, even though they shaved earlier that morning. :doh: Stupid, stupid, stupid.

The stupidest rule at any of the BYU campuses is the no beard/facial hair rule. Um, people, you are attending BRIGHAM YOUNG University. Here's ol' Briggy:

BY_hero.jpg

I really don't see what facial hair has to do with education. I have heard so many stories of men being turned away from the testing center because they had stubble, even though they shaved earlier that morning. :doh: Stupid, stupid, stupid.

"Long-haired freaky people need not apply."

I wonder how this will be applied. I have some skinny jeans (super cute black tie-dyed ones that I got for free!) and I wear them with tunics or short dresses, so my flabby butt does not offend anyone. Will that still be allowed? Jeez, Mormons don't need more arbitrary rules.

BY_hero.jpg

:lol:

Also, is it just me or does he kind of look like John Goodman with a beard?

What's up with this testing center? I never had one at either of the universities I've been to.

Any it seems so silly--how tight is too tight?

You can't wear flip-flops at ATI camps either, or so I've heard from someone who went to one. What's so terrible about flip-flops?

BYU-I is known for having ridiculously strict rules, much more so than BYU, from what I understand. And both have rules that don't apply to Mormons in general (like the ban on beards).

What's up with this testing center? I never had one at either of the universities I've been to.

Any it seems so silly--how tight is too tight?

About the BYU Testing Center

The Testing Center, a part of the Center for Teaching and Learning, houses the largest college testing facility in the United States. The main purpose of the Testing Center is to provide classroom testing for the University. It also administers a limited number of national tests to any interested party. The Testing Center also has the facilities to provide test proctoring service for both paper-based and computer-based tests.

What Is Classroom Testing

The grand majority of tests given in the Testing Center are classroom tests. These are tests that would usually be administered in the classroom during the normal course of a semester or term.

The Testing Center allows BYU Faculty and Staff to administer their tests in the Testing Center instead of the classroom. This provides the following advantages:

Tests don't take up valuable lecture time.

Tests can be written to take 2 or 3 hours. Tests administered during class time are usually limited to one hour.

Tests can be available to the students for a longer period of time (usually 3 days). This provides greater flexibility to the students allowing them to take the test at more convenient times.

Facilities

The main testing facility has a capacity for 650 students. This facility is also augmented by the Music Room: a adjacent room with a capacity for 50 students. The Music Room provides constant instrumental music from several styles to ease test anxiety. Additionally, the Testing Center has 40 computer stations that can be used for on-line testing.

The Testing Center also has a small testing area for specialized, national and other non-BYU tests.

According to the BYU testing center webpage. I don't really get it either.

I attended BYU-I for a year back in the 90s and I don't remember there being a ban on flip flops. Of course, it's really cold there. I don't know if I even had flip flops at the time--cause I am from an even colder place in Idaho.

Who knows how they will enforce no skinny jeans-- although from what I understand, they are only banned in the testing center, not on campus.

The testing center is a building on campus where you go to take most tests. It's a big room with a lot of desks, and you just go in, show them your student ID, and they give you the test.

I've just never heard of something like that. The info above is interesting--I like the idea of tests not taking up class time, and the flexibility avoids the "my alarm didn't go off/bus never came/grandma died I swear!!!!" crap that students try to pull.

I did read over their honor code, and it looks like even non-LDS students/faculty are expected not to drink coffee/tea. I could work on a non-alcohol campus as long as I could have wine at home, but not a no- coffee campus! Plus, that seems pretty strict--it's not like coffee/tea are on a level with illegal drugs.

You can't wear flip-flops at ATI camps either

That's weird, the Duggar girls loooOOOooove flip flops! Even while mountain-climbing! How very anti-ATI of them.

I've just never heard of something like that. The info above is interesting--I like the idea of tests not taking up class time, and the flexibility avoids the "my alarm didn't go off/bus never came/grandma died I swear!!!!" crap that students try to pull.

All of these things have been true for me before :P

I wonder how this will be applied. I have some skinny jeans (super cute black tie-dyed ones that I got for free!) and I wear them with tunics or short dresses, so my flabby butt does not offend anyone. Will that still be allowed? Jeez, Mormons don't need more arbitrary rules.

Skinny jeans accent my best features and a tunic top will cover the flaws. I wear them daily, currently I have 6 pairs of 'rock star' by old navy, lots of stretch, and they look great with my boots. BYU can kiss my old flat ass.

Archived