IGNORED

BYU-Idaho bans skinny jeans

Diggers

Obviously you have a nicer ass than I do. All of my caucasian/middle eastern/asian genes converged into a flat derriere that is shared by everyone in my maternal family. When I was thinner I would work out to add a little bit of roundness, but it took a lot of work to get a tiny bit of shape. I've kinda given up--sad but true.

I attended BYU-I for a year back in the 90s and I don't remember there being a ban on flip flops. Of course, it's really cold there. I don't know if I even had flip flops at the time--cause I am from an even colder place in Idaho.

Who knows how they will enforce no skinny jeans-- although from what I understand, they are only banned in the testing center, not on campus.

The testing center is a building on campus where you go to take most tests. It's a big room with a lot of desks, and you just go in, show them your student ID, and they give you the test.

Flipflops didn't really become popular as regular shoes (at least in the South where I lived) until the late 90s, like 98,99, and continued to grow and spread for the next ten years.

Obviously you have a nicer ass than I do. All of my caucasian/middle eastern/asian genes converged into a flat derriere that is shared by everyone in my maternal family. When I was thinner I would work out to add a little bit of roundness, but it took a lot of work to get a tiny bit of shape. I've kinda given up--sad but true.

Emmie I'm 60 I no longer have an ass :lol: that's why I love the elastic component of the rock star. I've managed to find them on the sale rack at $10 and in a short inseam.

I wonder how this will be applied. I have some skinny jeans (super cute black tie-dyed ones that I got for free!) and I wear them with tunics or short dresses, so my flabby butt does not offend anyone. Will that still be allowed? Jeez, Mormons don't need more arbitrary rules.

Here's the answer from their site:

Current Fashion Alerts:

Fashion trends change from time to time.

The following types of current fashion trends do not meet the baseline standard for campus/classroom attire:

• Underwear style clothing used for outerwear
    Above the knee skirts with leggings worn underneath
    Gaucho style pants above the ankle
    Gender based dressing (i.e., men wearing women style jeans)

If your tunic does down to your knees, it's probably a-ok.

(I thought I remembered that 15-20 years ago that women had to wear long skirts and men could not wear jeans at BYU, but Wikipedia says it was the 1960s and 1981 respectively. It must be some other restriction that I remember raising my eyebrows to.)

Archived