IGNORED

110% Surrendered

bionicmlle

(This has been mentioned but I realized it was on "chatter" not "Snark" so I figured I'd bring it over here...)

Katy, from 110% Surrendered is pregnant. She is also a friend of Rebecca at Rather Unusual Maiden for God (JuReam here, IIRC). She just announced it on her blog (er, sorry, the BABY made a post on her blog) with the following odd tidbit: "Please pray that Jesus doesn't

take me to heaven early..."

She must be two hours pregnant... they got married 5/28 and I'm not gettin' the "premarital sex is okay" vibe from them....

I sincerely all goes well with her pregnancy. As for many of these young ladies, however, it is sad she has no time to figure out what it's like to be "wife" before she figures out what it's like to be "mom." If you read through her blog it sounds like the adjustment to marriage has already been difficult for her. Sad.

110surrendered.blogspot.com/

I understand being excited about your first pregnancy, but announcing it to the world when the pee on the stick ain't even dry?

What a hideous "poem."

Mama and Daddy

are sort of hoping

for a boy

but they don't mind

as long as I am healthy.

*News Flash* your wishy-washy language ("sort of hoping," "don't mind") ain't hiding your patriarchal BS.

Wow, that is really early to announce a pregnancy. She hasn't even had time to miss a period yet.

When all your worth is tied up in your childbearing ability, this is the result.

Wow, that is really early to announce a pregnancy. She hasn't even had time to miss a period yet.

She has if she ovulated right around the wedding day (May 28, I think). Her period would've come about two weeks ago... so she announced within days of testing positive. Very optimistic, methinks.

We announced our pregnancy about a week after we found out, at about 6 weeks. My reasoning is, we wanted friends and family to know, so that if something did happen (touch wood), we would have the support and love of them, instead of having to hide it, or explain a MC after the fact. Having said that, I didn't announce it on my blog or on FB until 13 weeks.

We announced our pregnancy about a week after we found out, at about 6 weeks. My reasoning is, we wanted friends and family to know, so that if something did happen (touch wood), we would have the support and love of them, instead of having to hide it, or explain a MC after the fact. Having said that, I didn't announce it on my blog or on FB until 13 weeks.

That's what our thoughts are...though we didn't announce until 10 weeks because I was positive I was just having an ovarian cyst. (Well, I was right too, last ultrasound, the dr said I had a cyst on my ovary!) But yeah...wait for the stick to dry!!

I have no problems at all with honeymoon babies. Had one myself and I don't regret him for a minute.

I also tell *family* and close friends as soon as possible. I want support if/when I miscarry, and they're who I get it from.

But I don't see blogging the minute I get a preg test. Not going to be saying anything in my blog or on facebook until I hear a heartbeat at least. It's awkward to have to say "I take it back" after announcing pregnancy on facebook a week earlier. I have written about miscarriage, and I'm glad when people do, because it needs to be talked about, but that poem is really, really odd. I wonder if something in her experience makes her fear miscarriage in an overblown sort of way?

• 2 months later...

Is it just me or is this poor girl incredibly depressed? So many of her posts - including the most recent, talk about how she has been struggling emotionally, that she feels distant from God, etc. This should be one of the happiest times of her life (newlyweds and beginning to plan a family) -- I don't get the impression that her feelings are just because of so many changes... I think she needs some treatment from a professional. So sad...

I don't see the point of posting pregnancy pics when it's way too early to show.

Btw, she's not the modesty-obsessed type, I assume, since in the photos she wears pants and her wedding dress is sleeveless.

Is it just me or is this poor girl incredibly depressed? So many of her posts - including the most recent, talk about how she has been struggling emotionally, that she feels distant from God, etc. This should be one of the happiest times of her life (newlyweds and beginning to plan a family) -- I don't get the impression that her feelings are just because of so many changes... I think she needs some treatment from a professional. So sad...

I noticed this too, and agree.

And at 7 1/2 weeks her belly is getting bigger?

Nell

Annoyingly

spaced and

in

funked up

sizing.

Depression has

a cure.

It's called Zoloft.

(Praise Him!11!)

I would imagine that in fundie circles (in lots of circles, to be fair) there is a HUGE pressure on women, especially ones in her position (young, newlywed, newly pregnant), to be happy ALL THE TIME. I would think depression is a real no no word, after all, if you are following God and doing his work, how can you possibly be depressed. Therefore, if you are depressed its your fault for doing something wrong.

I have a fundie-lite friend who went through a very depressed stage a few years ago, tried to solve it by drinking, partying, smoking pot etc, and her "church" kicked her out and refused to speak to her, as if one bad apple will ruin the who lot.

I too hope 110% can find the help she needs, but it might not be from her peers.

Somewhat OT-

The whole thing of "110%" anything annoys me greatly. You cannot give or be 110% of anything- or 150%, or 200%, or whatever the latest thing anyone says is.

100%= all of it. Once all of it is given/done/been, there isn't anymore.

Rant off.

Somewhat OT-

The whole thing of "110%" anything annoys me greatly. You cannot give or be 110% of anything- or 150%, or 200%, or whatever the latest thing anyone says is.

Rant off.

Yes -- it's easy to see why she might have some unrealistic expectations of herself....

Somewhat OT-

Rant off.

11 out of 10, that's 110%. Which reminds me...

Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and...

Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?

Nigel Tufnel: Exactly.

Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?

Nigel Tufnel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?

Marty DiBergi: I don't know.

Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?

Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.

Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.

Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?

Nigel Tufnel: [pause] These go to eleven.

Archived