IGNORED

A Kids' Sleep Book Fundies Won't Use?

Guest mamamcd

I really don't think I would have read that to my kids (not that I wasn't thinking it back in the day) but I think it fits in with my dogs at 2 am who want to bark at nothing and everything until 4 am.

I know you did and I felt just the same way when my babies/toddlers would just not go the F to sleep. Don't worry though as teens they tend to sleep, sleep and then sleep some more. :D

Guest Anonymous

Oh I know, I've got a 12 y/o and a 14 y/o, but trust me, the sheer need for them to sleep does not change. I haven't read this book, but the title says it all, I think.

I followed the link which lead me to this;

http://edit.hollywoodreporter.com/risky ... o-f-202502

It is the book being read with pictures. And most parents have felt this way one time or another which is why it is funny. I doubt the fundies would feel the same as they would never beg the kid to go to sleep as plumbing line works so much better. :roll:

There is an audio book read by Samuel L Jackson. He does it SO very well. PIMP funny. I put the link in the other thread.

Hubby ordered the book, too. I'll kill him if he actually reads it to the kid, though.

I have an almost-2-yr-old and a 2 month old so this book cracks me up. I couldn't actually read it to the toddler though because that kid repeats everything these days! :lol:

Guys, it's NOT A KIDS' BOOK. It's a satire written for adults in the STYLE of a kids' book.

Guys, it's NOT A KIDS' BOOK. It's a satire written for adults in the STYLE of a kids' book.

I think we all get that.

At the moment, the Samuel L. Jackson audiobook is free for download at audible.com.

I got it. I could have written it. Though I've finally figured out something that helps--I ask my 4 year old to "help" me go to sleep (I often have insomnia). It usually works. The other night she "helped" her baby sister by sleeping on the floor in her room. Woot! *pumps fist and rocks out*

At the moment, the Samuel L. Jackson audiobook is free for download at audible.com.

I got it. I could have written it. Though I've finally figured out something that helps--I ask my 4 year old to "help" me go to sleep (I often have insomnia). It usually works. The other night she "helped" her baby sister by sleeping on the floor in her room. Woot! *pumps fist and rocks out*

That was hilarious. Samuel L. Jackson was the perfect person to get for the audiobook version. :clap:

I think we all get that.

Sorry. My arthritic knee hurts like hell today and I'm hella-crabby. :oops:

Love it ! I have always been a big fan of picture books for adults :D

My BF can relate after dealing with my insomnia...

I certainly understand the feeling behind this book!

Every day my co-teacher and I have to try to get 11 3-year-olds to take a nap and this is exactly how I feel! :-P

A friend of mine who is a parent showed me this book sometime back and I loved it. The audiobook is very good and Samuel L. Jackson was the perfect narrator. There are quite a bit of these types of books which are satire books told in the children's book format.

I think it's absolutely hilarious. We had the hardest time getting our oldest to sleep. Ever. So I really relate!

Archived