Marrying Well

Deleted12

Practical Wisdom for Courtship from the Botkin Families

westernconservatory.com/marrying-well-biblical-courtship-geoff-botkin-family

Get the popcorn.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, because they've been so successful in marrying off their daughters, not!

WE ALL SAID they'd market the two weddings, and we were right!!! Great spotting, AthenaC :clap:

Now the whole world can learn "What to think about emotions" in the Botkin-approved way.

Edited to add: I'll bet A-S and E are grinding the enamel off their teeth.

Time

15 August at 19:30 - 12 September at 21:00

The Internet, register at WesternConservatory.com

Created by:

Benjamin Botkin, David Noor, David Botkin

More info

Families across America are realizing that "dating" leads to brokenness, not dynamic marriages. Other families have realized that the "courtship" model is a maze of unexplored definitions, and find themselves taking wrong turn after wrong turn. Is courtship the answer? Is it always necessary? How do young people find each other and then discern the Lord's will for marriage? What does it mean to "marry well?" How do parents shepherd their children through the process? While the Bible doesn't offer a formula for getting to the altar, it has much to say about the maturity, vision, and love that make a marriage beautiful and powerful, from the very first day.

Scripture is rich with guidance for marrying well. Join Geoffrey Botkin and his wife Victoria, David Botkin and his wife Nadia, and Benjamin Botkin and his wife Audri for a five-part webinar series on courtship and preparation for marriage. Ben, Audri, David, & Nadia will share their stories, family photos, and lessons they’ve learned while seeking to answer the question, "Should I marry this person?"

Each session will provide opportunity for participating families to submit live questions and get live answers about gospel-centered families and gospel-centered marriages.

Some topics:

- Preparation for marriage starts early

- What the Bible says about courtship

- What about betrothal?

- Why strong brother-sister relationships are essential, in families and between families

- Dominion, discipleship, and life mission: Marry for the same reason you live your whole life

- Love like Jesus: Selflessly

- Risk management in relationships

- The deadly danger of worry

- What to think about emotions

- How do I know this is the right one?

- How to determine God's will

- The place of faith

- Maintaining peace and harmony between families

- When to skip courtship altogether

- Engagement periods

- Wisely reforming American wedding ceremonies

Follow this link to register: westernconservatory.com/marrying-well-biblical-courtship-geoff-botkin-family

--------------------------------------------

Sessions will take place Monday evenings, August 15 through September 12, 2011, from 7:30 to 9 p.m. (Central Time). Participants will be able to chat in questions live. Can't catch the live webcasts? Don't worry; attendees will have full access to MP3 recordings. The cost is $29 per household. Interaction will take place via the GoToWebinar® interface, which works in-browser on almost any PC or Mac. A faster-than-dial-up Internet connection is best, but it is possible to connect to audio by long-distance telephone, provided simultaneous Internet access is also available. Complete information on how to access the sessions will be sent to participants by email. Please email service at westernconservatory.com with any questions.

I always love when those who have been married a few weeks are giving relationship advice for a successful marriage. Especially those who have NEVER TOUCHED before marriage, because the really have the experience to tell us how its done.

I wonder if "When to skip courtship altogether" is code for "Let Daddy pick your spouse, and go into it unquestioningly and sight-unseen???"

I'm kind of curious how strong brother-sister relationships impact marriage, particularly marrying well.

I am not, however, curious what two newly-weds have to say about marrying well.

And there Anna Sofia and Elizabeth sit, their ovarian reserves diminishing BY THE DAY, waiting for the prince on the white horse to come in and sweep them away.....

:violin:

I wonder if the Botkinettes will get mentioned in the courtship series? Two women, well over marriageable age, sitting at home serving Daddy. Never courted, never engaged, never married. But I imagine Daddy RoBotkin will spin it as "send out your sons, but be more careful with your daughters!"

I always love when those who have been married a few weeks are giving relationship advice for a successful marriage. Especially those who have NEVER TOUCHED before marriage, because the really have the experience to tell us how its done.

AMEN. I have been happily married for over 10 years (to someone I dated :o no less), and I don't need somebody that got married last week telling me how to do it, thanks.

I wonder if "When to skip courtship altogether" is code for "Let Daddy pick your spouse, and go into it unquestioningly and sight-unseen???"

I was thinking the same thing.

On a side note, I just figured out how to do double quotes! I feel smart. :clap: :lol:

There's been that nagging rumor that GBot and VBot had an arranged marriage.

And there Anna Sofia and Elizabeth sit, their ovarian reserves diminishing BY THE DAY, waiting for the prince on the white horse to come in and sweep them away.....

:violin:

I wonder if the Botkinettes will get mentioned in the courtship series? Two women, well over marriageable age, sitting at home serving Daddy. Never courted, never engaged, never married. But I imagine Daddy RoBotkin will spin it as "send out your sons, but be more careful with your daughters!"

Prediction: Permission to Impregnate will be bestowed by Daddy on obedient married sons, and obedient unmarried daughters will begin the next "season" of their lives as built-in babysitters.

There's that David Noor popping up again. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I'll be kind of surprised if one of the Botkinettes doesn't marry him in the next year or two.

Edited to fix a riffle I noticed.

There's that David Noor popping up again. I've said it before, and I'll it again: I'll be kind of surprised if one of the Botkinettes doesn't marry him in the next year or two.

I'm thinking that, too!

I'm shipping him with Elizabeth, ha.

There's that David Noor popping up again. I've said it before, and I'll it again: I'll be kind of surprised if one of the Botkinettes doesn't marry him in the next year or two.

I'm wondering why he's part of this group. He's not married, is he?

Is he the one that DBot had to ask in order to court Nadia?

I'm wondering why he's part of this group. He's not married, is he?

Is he the one that DBot had to ask in order to court Nadia?

No, I'm pretty sure he's not married. I think he works for the Western Conservatory, so I think GBot is a mentor to him or something like that.

speaking of marriage advice, don't miss the link kendal put up. it's...uh...alarming! in fact, i'm having a really hard time believing it's real.

speaking of marriage advice, don't miss the link kendal put up. it's...uh...alarming! in fact, i'm having a really hard time believing it's real.

Where?

davidnoor-small.jpg

David Noor, future Botkin hubby?

He has kind of an Indiana Jones while he is being a nerdy professor thing going on (although he's no Harrison Ford).

Where?

sorry! shoulda been more clear; i made it sound like kendal commented in the botkin blog.

it's on kendal's blog. here's the link: squaredancecd.com/Bride/brides.htm

sorry! shoulda been more clear; i made it sound like kendal commented in the botkin blog.

it's on kendal's blog. here's the link: squaredancecd.com/Bride/brides.htm

Thanks!!

Were we ever able to ascertain whether the recent Botkin-Noor marriage was legal (i.e., with marriage license, since Tennessee does not recognize common-law marriage)?

i'm kinda doubting that they got a state/official license. they certainly make no mention of it...they just signed the 'covenant' (that we know of), right?

Wow, way to pimp out your kids! Good grief.

I've been married for 8 months now, so that makes me an expert, right?

Archived