IGNORED

Places similar to fj?

Patsy

I know that the first category in our blog list is 'blogs and boards', but at least from a quick scan, there aren't many and/or they do not stand out very well.

I know 'mckmama without pity' - mwopblog.com

and we recently had a bit of a link-up with 'get off my internets' - getoffmyinternets.net

there's also sweepingcobwebs.com and candyisanutjob.blogspot.com , which both seem to get a bit of discussion in the comments

and under1000braincells.blogspot.com gets a bit of discussion too.

Anywhere else? I'll be honest - I'm looking for gossip, not satire :?

There's No Longer Quivering, but Vyckie has issues.

I have been getting annoyed with Vyckie lately. But I'm glad that she NLQ online. The Duggars have lost fans because of NLQ, because she sheds the light on the no so good things about quivering. I give Vyckie credit in a way for partially showing that QF families aren't always rainbows and sunshine.

Reddit has a large atheist population so you tend to get a lot of snark in the comments towards religious and far-Right related topics.

It does not snark on specific fundie families like FJ does, though.

I will assert that there may be places similar to FJ, but no other place IS FJ. I've been all over the interwebz, and there isn't another forum that self-polices, and discusses potentially hot button issues (like it says "the things my grandma said never to talk about with strangers), with so many from such diverse backgrounds. This site is a treasure.

(I might be mushy today because it is nearing the special lady time for me---waaah, I love you FJ!)

I will assert that there may be places similar to FJ, but no other place IS FJ. I've been all over the interwebz, and there isn't another forum that self-polices, and discusses potentially hot button issues (like it says "the things my grandma said never to talk about with strangers), with so many from such diverse backgrounds. This site is a treasure.

(I might be mushy today because it is nearing the special lady time for me---waaah, I love you FJ!)

Not mushy at all! FJ is special. Even Doug Phillips thinks so.

I agree with you and it isn't my lady time. :naughty:

I agree with you and it isn't my lady time. :naughty:

Did you just give me Jerry Springer Finger? Oh helllllllllll no! Did you just say you think I look fat today by the way I type? How dare you?!?!

I'm sorry, I yelled at you; you're pretty. Let's never fight again.

I love FJ. Sometimes it is a total draw on my time, but that is only because it is so awesome.

The people here are almost uniformly supportive of each other, which is awesome because no one has to gloss over the ugly details the way we might have to with the rest of the public. I love it when fundies come here and say stupid shit, and then get smacked the fuck down. It gives me this crazy joy because irl, they say stupid shit and everyone applauds them.

I love you guys. And my time of the month already passed.

FJ is a really special place. I've been following fundies since the duggars were at 12. Before that I followed the influence of religion on politics and fringe groups.

I love the snark, it's refreshing. But, the intellect and knowledge base here that impresses me the most. It's almost as big as the hive 'gina. :clap:

Signed:

Exp.

My lady bits are merely an empty playground nowadays.

Ex-christian.net frequently brings up the shit we snark on at FJ re: sexism, patriarchy, child abuse. But it's not very, well, friendly to Christians and there's little snarking on specific fundies, except the ones who make the news with some frequency.

I didn't know of any other fundies outside the Duggars and Pat Robertson before coming to FJ. I actually was doing some research on the Duggars for worldbuilding, that's how I found FJ. And I must say, if it weren't for FJ I would NOT have built up my story's universe as much as I have. The knowledge base here is stunning. I don't think there is another place quite like FJ.

I love FJ. I love the diversity, I love the thoughtfulness, I love the silliness, I love the in-your-face passion, I love all the learning I do.

And I haven't had a lady time since May, so it's not that :D

I'm also curious about whats the gossip with Vyckie. The Duggars were defiantly my fundy obsession gateway, but Vyckies story was defiantly what hooked me in.

Archived