IGNORED

Institute in Basic Life Principles Refresh - Detox

Markie

I came across the following site. It is for former Gothard/ATI/IBLP members to detox and not bash Gothard.

http://iblpdetoxDOTcom/

The author/owner of the site is Anna Duggar's brother in law. It is very well written and interesting. Hope it helps those people struggling to find their way and some meaning in a post ATI/IBLP world.

That looks like an excellent site for those questioning ATI.

I hope he mails Anna printouts of that site every day, hoping one or two will make a difference.

Its interesting and the fact he's still a very conservative christian will probably encourage some borderline people, more than if it was written by someone not formerly from the fold or someone writing an expose.

However, this paragraph on "The Schooling Dilemma" really bothers me:

Recent polls in America and the UK have shown that the average age of attendees in conservative churches is over the 40 year mark. This fact that fewer young adults are attending church is an indicator of our spiritual status globally. Christianity is losing ground with the young adult crowd. Sin is accepted and is rampant. Young people do not sense the urgency to attend church. The primary reason is caused simply by their lack of relationship with God: most are not saved. Without the influence of the Holy Spirit and the Word of God, there is no hope for social morality to develop toward holiness.

Looks like he posted a new blog entry yesterday. It's pretty long but interesting.

Do you have to register to view the posts? So far I'm only seeing two, and no matter what I click along the sidebar there is still only those two posts.

Nope, you don't need to register. I would try again, because it looks like he filled out a lot of stuff in the past few days, so maybe it had made his site wonky.

In the 'other FAQ' section he appears to be taking questions (that aren't Duggar or Anna-specific). Seems like he'd be a prime person to ask about whether 're-education' actually goes on (I'm headed out myself, though).

Archived