IGNORED

2021 NCAA Football

47of74

Something good happened today. 

I was wondering if they were gonna pull it off cause usually the first game is against some school no one in Iowa ever heard of and is barely Division I.

I’m happy any time the Hawkeyes win. As long as they win more than they lose I’m happy. And I hope Floyd of Rosedale spends yet another year at his proper home in Iowa. 

(Yeah even if I move to Minnesota I’ll still bleed black and gold). 

• Love 2

• 4 weeks later...

@47of74 - I love their 1st Quarter Wave tradition! I think it's the sweetest thing!

I'm an Arkansas Razorbacks fan and have been since I learned to walk and talk. I totally get being happy with any win and being happy as long as there are more wins than losses. We lost to Georgia yesterday (no surprise, honestly) so we're now 4-1. After the last few absolutely dismal seasons, I'll take it. 

• Upvote 1

Jesus Christ!

Kansas (1-4, 0-2 Big 12) came into this week's game against Iowa State (3-2, 1-1 Big 12) as the underdog. But no one could've imagined that the Jayhawks would be this much of an underdog against a Cyclones team that struggled against Baylor last weekend.

The Cyclones did not disappoint some 60,000 fans in the stands when they trounced the Jayhawks 59-7.

It was Iowa State's game to lose from even the first quarter, and Kansas had one mistake after another that only helped push the Cyclones closer to victory. Highlight-worthy moments were few and far between for the Jayhawks, while, on the other sideline, a steady stream of Matt Campbell's players found their way onto the stat sheet.

Iowa State will have a week off to further work on their game, but they can go into this week's practice with a convincing win against a Big 12 opponent.

Except when they play Iowa I’m happy any time they win too. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Dude, even if you think they're faking it, be the bigger person.

The head football coach for the University of Iowa addressed a behavior by fans at last Saturday’s game against Penn State University that has caused some controversy among fans.

During his weekly press conference, coach Kirk Ferentz acknowledged that some players for the Nittany Lions “were legitimately hurt” during the game against the Hawkeyes in Iowa City. While not directly claiming that any Penn State injuries were illegitimate, he seemed to offer some defense for fans that expressed disdain for some of the visiting team’s injury timeouts by booing.

“I think, probably, it’s a reaction to there were a couple guys that were down for the count, and then were back a play or two later. And our fans aren’t stupid, they’re watching, they know what’s going on,” Ferentz said. “I’ve been here 23 years I think that’s only the second time we have seen that kind of stuff going on.”

Ferentz said that two members of the football team’s staff have been at other schools where players were directed, using code words, to fake an injury to gain a stoppage of play. He did not accuse Penn State of being one of those teams in his remarks.

I bleed black and gold and will continue to do so even if I move to another state as I really want to now.  But excusing behavior like this makes Iowans look more like assholes then they do already.  I don't care if it's the second time or the 1000th time.  Not trying to excuse bad fan behavior makes Iowa the better team on and off the field.   

• 5 weeks later...

Iowa brought home the bacon (again).

PropertyOfIowa.thumb.jpg.bf21b0f3f46b6f5574c121031af73f02.jpg

• Upvote 1

My Braves won the World Series, and now my Dawgs are 10-0 and ranked #1. Maybe the Georgia sports jinx is finally over….

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hawkeyes and Cyclones are both going to Orlando for bowl games this year....

IABowlGames.thumb.png.fa9b5757d667db5f0a04c98868608ae4.png

Cyclones game is on Dec 29.  Does make me wonder if any house divided types here in Iowa will go to both games...

Edited by 47of74

• 4 weeks later...

Fuck