IGNORED

Covet Fashion Game

EmCatlyn

Does anybody else play Covet, the fashion game?  My (adult) daughter got me started.  It consists of “dolls” or virtual mannequins you dress up with clothing designs from real designers to compete against other “dolls” in “challenges.  When my daughter first described it, I thought it would be silly, sort of like paper dolls for grown ups.  But it is really entertaining,  i have been playing for almost 4 years now. 

Anyone else on FJ a “Coveter”?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

Does anybody else play Covet, the fashion game?  My (adult) daughter got me started.  It consists of “dolls” or virtual mannequins you dress up with clothing designs from real designers to compete against other “dolls” in “challenges.  When my daughter first described it, I thought it would be silly, sort of like paper dolls for grown ups.  But it is really entertaining,  i have been playing for almost 4 years now. 

Anyone else on FJ a “Coveter”?

I did for awhile last year after my accident when I didn’t have enough attention span to read or anything. But I found myself spending money on it as it’s hard to do well without constantly having new pieces to use. And it seems to be designed to make it either time consuming or difficult to get diamonds or dollars without just paying. So it got deleted. I did like the game, though. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, louisa05 said:

I did for awhile last year after my accident when I didn’t have enough attention span to read or anything. But I found myself spending money on it as it’s hard to do well without constantly having new pieces to use. And it seems to be designed to make it either time consuming or difficult to get diamonds or dollars without just paying. So it got deleted. I did like the game, though. 

It is possible to play and do well without spending, but it is difficult.  Like all such games, the goal of the game company is to make money.  I tried to spend no money at first, but then decided that it was entertainment and I do allow myself to spend some money on entertainment.  So I allow myself $25 a month.  (I started with $20, but when the pandemic started, and we couldn’t go places, it seemed reasonable to increase it.)  I still spend more on books (my true addiction). ?

The trick to doing well without spending tons of money is to have lots of “friends” to borrow items from and to belong to a good fashion house that wins prizes.  I am kind of surprised how much I enjoy the game since I am not really a “fashionista” type.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

My daughter has played almost since it started, and I’ve been playing for about a year (plus six months I played a few years ago). It may seem silly, but it’s kind of a creative outlet for me.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jasmar said:

My daughter has played almost since it started, and I’ve been playing for about a year (plus six months I played a few years ago). It may seem silly, but it’s kind of a creative outlet for me.

My daughter got me started, but now I play more than she does. It is a creative outlet in a low-stress way.  I am not a “visual” person (I am stronger with words than pictures) so it’s good for me to be creative in a different way.

Are you in a fashion house?  Do you rally, @Jasmar?