IGNORED

Moving back to the States

activespinster

new post from makepeace

Amber at Homemaker By Choice has mentioned in her latest post that she and hubbie are moving back to the states soon. They currently live in Norway (husband is Norwegian). Her homesickness has been apparent in previous blog posts. Now it's husbands turn to feel homesick - but maybe he won't. He seems so far from the norm in Norway that he will probably enjoy living in a fundie abundant country.

homemaker-by-choice.com/2011/06/day-27-28-31-days-to-clean.html

new post from clibbyjo

She bothers me so much. I think it was her video of the apartment long ago and the whiny voice that put me over the top. I haven;t kepy up with her since they made a video of them in the mall. BORING.

new post from AugustPenguin

I also think it's a little weird they were so tired of people asking how they met that they made a YouTube video people can go to.

new post from bananacat

I'm surprised that fundies even care about a homesick woman. Isn't she supposed to revolve her life around her husband and be happy with whatever he likes?

new post from Kathryn31

I have a friend who lives in Norway and she says it is pretty gloomy and winters are endless.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to bring up a topic that was moved over... but I ran across some of her stuff on YouTube and was wondering if we'd talked about it at Free Jinger? Anyways, I watched their YouTube video about how they met. Whoh. It's like a bad SNL skit. I'm curious...why do people feel the need to tell everyone how they met and make a whole big deal about their "courtship story". It feels like a contest to see who was holier, who was more Christian in their wooing. And it bothers me more still because HELLO, I'm SURE they joined the site they met on hoping they'd meet someone, so the whole "we didn't meet on a matchmaking site, that would be awkard" is a load of bologna because essentially they did... it just wasn't called Eharmony, Match.com or Craig's List.

Anyways, the how-we-met video is here: Enjoy!

(Edited because I put the wrong link up!)

Courtship stories are almost always a snoozefest.

Here is my courtship story:

Went to a college party where the minute I walk in an 18 year old boy comes up and hands me a beer.(3 strikes already for college, party and beer) We talk a few hours and I go back to dorm and tell roommates I could see marrying him. We become inseperable during college, get our own apartment(may have been defrauding going on during this time) at age 20 and get engaged(he asked me not my dad). After living in sin together for 2 years we get married. Still happily married 19 years later. YAY, can I write a book about it now for the low price of $19.95?

My courtship story;

My friends wanted to go out to a nightclub. I didn't. They put on attractive clothing and new make up. I did not. Because they were driving, I was stuck going with them.

When we entered the nightclub, two men approached us. One was a tall, handsome blonde. The other was a skinny boy with curly brown hair and big blue eyes. The blonde attracted me but it was the skinny boy that sat beside me. The more the boy talked, the more I liked him. He made me laugh and when he discovered my hands were cold, he warmed them between his own. We went to his truck and when he asked for a kiss, I refused. He offered to thumb wrestle me for a kiss. When he won, we kissed and man....what a kiss! Three days later we had our first date and had sex. Obviously, I must be great in bed because he asked me to marry him immediately afterwords. Also, when I say that first kiss was good, I'm serious. That was a wonderful, first kiss.

This Halloween we will be celebrating our 23rd anniversary

My Courtship Story...

Called off a wedding to nut job fundie ex and ran - from him and his family. So scary. Came to a remote town to work as an RN. Across the hall from my tiny two bed emerg was x-ray, and the sweetest guy ever. We dated briefly, moved in together, and shortly after that found out I was expecting. We were married less than a year after we met, and six years later, it's working out really well. We've had our ups and downs just like every one else.

Fundie Demerits:

- lived in sin

- pregnant before marriage

- wore maternity dress to my wedding

- hubby asked me, not my Dad

- I gave myself "away", and removed Obey from my vows

You know what I hate most about the whole courtship thing? The complete lack of self-knowledge involved. As if any one else could pick a persons life partner for them. Pretty messed up.

sorry for the OT! :)

My courtship story;

We went to his truck and when he asked for a kiss, I refused. He offered to thumb wrestle me for a kiss. When he won, we kissed and man....what a kiss! Three days later we had our first date and had sex. Obviously, I must be great in bed because he asked me to marry him immediately afterwords. Also, when I say that first kiss was good, I'm serious. That was a wonderful, first kiss.

This Halloween we will be celebrating our 23rd anniversary

You go, girl! :banana-rock:

My courship story:

I was taking the train to see my relatives. A tall handsome man came by and asked if the seat beside me was taken. He sat down. We started to talk. By the end of the train ride we had decided to get married. We both went to see the relative we (individually) were visiting, then he came over to my place and he hasn't left since. We've now been married 13 years and each year is better than the last. It took both our families about a year or two to stop hyperventillating.

Fundie demerits:

-travelling alone

-bought train ticket with money I had earned at a job outside the home

-defrauding occurred in <5 hours

-lived in sin till the wedding

-got married in vegas at a drive through wedding chapel (wore immodest clothing and wedding was officiated by Elvis)

-parents not involved in any part of the courtship process

My roommate was dating this Finnish guy and she told me I had to meet his friend because he was amazing.

He called me and we talked for about 5 hours and decided to go on a "blind date". We went to dinner and to a hockey game and ran out of gas driving to the Forum to see the Kings. We had a blast, he was impressed because not only did I know what a blue line was, I could follow the game. (growing up in Wi was good for something).

We started seeing each other quite a bit, he moved in. We met March 21,1985 and were married on December 21,1985. 26 years later we're still attached by a long thread. We have different interests ,he loves camping, gold prospecting and playing poker, I love classical music concerts, reading and shopping. We've raised 2 adult children and by all accounts have gotten through the rough patches quite well.

:auto-camptrailer:

Guest Anonymous

My courtship story:

I had just moved to Manhattan and I joined the local block association. At one of their (frequent) parties I got into a conversation with a really cute guy. He was just what I liked-slender, fine-featured and a good talker. A week later we began dating, 5 months after that we moved in together and we got married about 15 months after that. We have been married for 31 years.

My BFF/roommate had a crush on a guy. She invited him over one night and I ended up sleeping with him after she passed out on the couch drunk. We secretly kept sleeping together for a few months before announcing that we were dating. My bff/roommate was pissed, but she did attend our wedding 8 years later.

This all took place in the apartment dorms of our Christian college, so um, God really did bring us together.

Archived