IGNORED

Donald Rumsfeld Has Died

47of74

Just heard about this

Donald Rumsfeld, the two-time defense secretary and one-time presidential candidate whose reputation as a skilled bureaucrat and visionary of a modern U.S. military was unraveled by the long and costly Iraq war, died Tuesday. He was 88.

In a statement Wednesday, Rumsfeld’s family said he “was surrounded by family in his beloved Taos, New Mexico.”

Regarded by former colleagues as equally smart and combative, patriotic and politically cunning, Rumsfeld had a storied career in government under four presidents and nearly a quarter century in corporate America.

For all Rumsfeld’s achievements, it was the setbacks in Iraq in the twilight of his career that will likely etch the most vivid features of his legacy.

Now of course our "fabulous" media will begin lionizing him and whitewashing his life.  He got off light given that he helped get us into a war that killed over a million people on both sides and wound God knows how many more.

Does it make me a bad person if my first thought was this?

Spoiler

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

• 47of74 changed the title to Donald Rumsfeld Has Died
3 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Just heard about this

Now of course our "fabulous" media will begin lionizing him and whitewashing his life.  He got off light given that he helped get us into a war that killed over a million people on both sides and wound God knows how many more.

Does it make me a bad person if my first thought was this?

Reveal hidden contents

To answer your question, no.  In fact to paraphrase Bette Davis this was my thought:

Quotation-Bette-Davis-You-should-never-say-bad-things-about-the-dead-you-62-35-91.jpg

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

40 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

To answer your question, no.  In fact to paraphrase Bette Davis this was my thought:

Quotation-Bette-Davis-You-should-never-say-bad-things-about-the-dead-you-62-35-91.jpg

Ok good. Just wanted to be sure before I read that bastard’s obituary with great pleasure (ht Mark Twain). 

• Upvote 5

Oh. 

I'm assuming that celebrating someone's death is against the rules. So. Oh. 

What's for dinner?